• 332 posts

Posted 06 March 2014 - 05:40 PM

yes if you have a spare £150k per year......lol

#42 Mark B

Mark B
  • Coach
  • 2,215 posts

Posted 06 March 2014 - 06:13 PM

Kyle eastmond on loan from Salford via Bath until they Iet some go to keep under the salary cap . Jodie broughton from Huddersfield and Stefan marsh from widnes on loan . No secrets at batley . 💰💰💰💰 got told by a mate of a mates wife's
Posted Image

#43 buford t justice

buford t justice
  • Coach
  • 1,815 posts

Posted 06 March 2014 - 07:30 PM

Rumour has it former Featherstone winger Ade Afebisi is training with us. Id rather have Danny Mills back if true.

All gone far too quiet following JKs enthusiasm on Radio Leeds on Sunday - all deals dead in the water by the looks of it.

Edited by buford t justice, 06 March 2014 - 07:33 PM.

What we're dealing with here is a complete lack of respect for the law

#44 buford t justice

buford t justice
  • Coach
  • 1,815 posts

Posted 06 March 2014 - 07:32 PM

Ben Jones-Bishop going out on loan, love him to come to us !!!!

Weve more chance of signing Bishop Brennan off Father Ted.
What we're dealing with here is a complete lack of respect for the law

#45 M Hopkins

M Hopkins
  • 671 posts

Posted 06 March 2014 - 08:56 PM

We'll just have to wait and see I guess

#46 windogs

windogs
  • Players
  • 60 posts

Posted 06 March 2014 - 10:31 PM

Some targets you miss out on and some targets you manage to sign on the dotted line. It's the way things go these days, like MH says we just need to wait and see if anything develops.

#47 TheTerminator

TheTerminator
  • Coach
  • 2,011 posts

Posted 06 March 2014 - 11:37 PM

From what I can gather, any breakdown of talks with the prospective new players mentioned by Kear on the radio is due to no fault of the club. In our situation, we can't let ourselves be held to ransom by players who are utterly deluded in terms of their own worth. Neither should we extend any future courtesy or goodwill to a club that has, on two separate recent occasions, reneged on agreed deals for players at the very last minute.

Posted Image

#48 windogs

windogs
  • Players
  • 60 posts

Posted 07 March 2014 - 07:57 AM

http://m.thestar.co....layer-1-6481676

Perhaps the eagles should concentrate on refurbishing their stadium facilities first before throwing money at players.

#49 9' oller

9' oller
  • Coach
  • 3,587 posts

Posted 07 March 2014 - 03:55 PM

Lets look back to the ged corcoran and gary Thornton episode.

Only lads who want to play for batley please, regardless of their worth. We will never win a bidding war

The most unfashionable yet over achieving mutts around

#50 DEWSBURY TIL I DIE

DEWSBURY TIL I DIE
  • Coach
  • 2,403 posts

Posted 07 March 2014 - 05:11 PM

Shaun squire was with us on trial when warren was head coach, just never got a game or signed on. Not sure if glen ever looked at him but we have a young lad from dewsbury Celtic at rams jason maranka who wev loaned to Gloucester with fellow young rams Marcus Elliot and Conor Nolan. Not sure how good squire is but obviously mark Aston and Kear saw good potential

#51 silverback

silverback
  • Coach
  • 944 posts

Posted 08 March 2014 - 06:27 AM

dont seem that long ago the club made a point a saying nothing until terms were set in stone.

#52 Blind side johnny

Blind side johnny
  • Coach
  • 9,522 posts

Posted 08 March 2014 - 10:11 AM

Surprisingly the RFL have double standards. Assumed we updated our changing rooms last year at the insistance of the RFL but Oldham have cold showers with no option for changing it. Rather than insisting the away side at Owlerton use 2 seperate portacabins with no facilities for full squad pre match or half time team talks why not give the away team the current home changing rooms and Sheffield use the portacabins and then no money to spend on the facilities.

And if your assumptions are incorrect, as usual, then this bile is simply fantasy.

Believe what you see, don't see what you believe.

John Ray (1627 - 1705)

#53 Ramite

Ramite
  • Coach
  • 879 posts

Posted 08 March 2014 - 07:23 PM

http://m.thestar.co....layer-1-6481676

Perhaps the eagles should concentrate on refurbishing their stadium facilities first before throwing money at players.

Interesting eagles have signed another overseas player they seem to have no problem with getting visas.
Homer: How is education supposed to make me feel smarter? Besides, every time I learn something new, it pushes some old stuff out of my brain. Remember when I took that home winemaking course, and I forgot how to drive?

[

i]Mr. Burns: Woah, slow down there maestro. There's a *New* Mexico?[/i]

#54 Eddie_Rombo

Eddie_Rombo
  • Coach
  • 1,962 posts

Posted 08 March 2014 - 10:47 PM

Interesting eagles have signed another overseas player they seem to have no problem with getting visas.

Dont they get student visas as they have a good link with Sheffield Hallam University?

#55 Keep The Faith

Keep The Faith
  • Coach
  • 800 posts

Posted 08 March 2014 - 11:19 PM

Shaun squire was with us on trial when warren was head coach, just never got a game or signed on. Not sure if glen ever looked at him but we have a young lad from dewsbury Celtic at rams jason maranka who wev loaned to Gloucester with fellow young rams Marcus Elliot and Conor Nolan. Not sure how good squire is but obviously mark Aston and Kear saw good potential

elliot never signed for you lot

#56 Piggy's mate

Piggy's mate
  • Coach
  • 3,238 posts

Posted 08 March 2014 - 11:26 PM

Dont they get student visas as they have a good link with Sheffield Hallam University?

wonder if DABTAC could do summat similar :lol:

Now where did I leave that pointy thing that bloke Damocles gave me, I've work to do!

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb:

#57 Ramite

Ramite
  • Coach
  • 879 posts

Posted 09 March 2014 - 06:48 AM

elliot never signed for you lot

He is on rams website in the squad list.
Homer: How is education supposed to make me feel smarter? Besides, every time I learn something new, it pushes some old stuff out of my brain. Remember when I took that home winemaking course, and I forgot how to drive?

[

i]Mr. Burns: Woah, slow down there maestro. There's a *New* Mexico?[/i]

#58 Deano44

Deano44
  • Coach
  • 332 posts

Posted 09 March 2014 - 07:32 PM

You'll find that you're wrong.

ok then....guess he was playing his farewell game today then lol

#59 TheTerminator

TheTerminator
  • Coach
  • 2,011 posts

Posted 09 March 2014 - 08:08 PM

ok then....guess he was playing his farewell game today then lol

Fair play Deano, no concerns over admitting I was wrong. However, at the time of my post a deal had been agreed - only for someone behind the scenes to pull the plug at the last seconds. Ho hum.

Posted Image

#60 greavesy

greavesy
  • Coach
  • 514 posts

Posted 12 March 2014 - 10:28 PM

The silence on new signings is deafening me. :shout:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users