• Please log in to reply
34 replies to this topic

#1 buford t justice

buford t justice
  • Coach
  • 1,891 posts

Posted 02 March 2014 - 09:15 PM

Deco bar in Batley.

Dont recall them ever sponsoring a game at Batley. Slightly concerns me local businesses are sponsoring games at other clubs and not at their local club.
What we're dealing with here is a complete lack of respect for the law

#2 PKK

PKK
  • Coach
  • 1,723 posts

Posted 02 March 2014 - 09:30 PM

Bar owner might be from Fax?
Supreme executive power derives from a mandate from the masses, not from some farcical aquatic ceremony.

#3 windogs

windogs
  • Players
  • 60 posts

Posted 02 March 2014 - 09:36 PM

Paul Halloran owns it far as I know. Seen him at a few batley games up at the mount!

#4 BARFIELD

BARFIELD
  • Players
  • 13 posts

Posted 02 March 2014 - 11:10 PM

To put your mind at ease Buford, I sponsored the game today at Halifax as a favour to a mate of mine Alex Simmons who works on the commercial side at Halifax. To be fair though I have spoken with Paul Harrison as I am looking to sponsor a game at Batley later this season. I have sponsored a match at Batley previously under another business that I have, so wherever possible I support the club, as well as attending as many games as I can. 

When I put up on this forum about Deco being open after the Championsip Final a few "Keyboard Warriors" put up a few uncalled for statuses about what I was trying to do, So if it "slightly concerns you" I understand that, but it works both ways support is a two way thing. 

I've been a Batley fan all my life, always will be & I look forward to doing whatever I can with the club in the future.

Congratulations to the team today, outstanding effort & great result. 

Just a thought, why does everyone not sign off their posts with their real names? This way if there's a concern it can be addressed face to face. Or even better call in, buy a pint (support) & you could've heard the above from the horses mouth so to speak.

I'll be up at a few games this season so if anybody wants to advise me where to spend my money come & have a chat.

Cheers,

Paul Halloran.

#5 Gary Coyle

Gary Coyle
  • Coach
  • 7,226 posts

Posted 03 March 2014 - 07:27 AM

Just a thought, why does everyone not sign off their posts with their real names? This way if there's a concern it can be addressed face to face. Or even better call in, buy a pint (support) & you could've heard the above from the horses mouth so to speak.

No bottle, mischeif making and hidden agendas spring to mind mate

#6 buford t justice

buford t justice
  • Coach
  • 1,891 posts

Posted 03 March 2014 - 07:55 AM

No bottle, mischeif making and hidden agendas spring to mind mate

Hardly 'mischief making' was just wondering as thought our club had missed a trick thats all.

No agenda or axe to grind with Deco, its owner or anyone associated with it.

Thank you for clarifying Barfield /Paul. The names Richard Ellis by the way.

Edited by buford t justice, 03 March 2014 - 07:57 AM.

#7 Gary Coyle

Gary Coyle
  • Coach
  • 7,226 posts

Posted 03 March 2014 - 08:46 AM

Hardly 'mischief making' was just wondering as thought our club had missed a trick thats all.

No agenda or axe to grind with Deco, its owner or anyone associated with it.

Thank you for clarifying Barfield /Paul. The names Richard Ellis by the way.

Wasn't meaning you Richard, sorry, everyone knows who you are.

#8 BARFIELD

BARFIELD
  • Players
  • 13 posts

Posted 03 March 2014 - 11:10 AM

Hi Richard,

i'm aware that you asked a reasonable question & you've no axe to grind, hopefuly my answer outlined where I'm coming from.

I woudn't normally do my talking via a forum to be fair (as can be seen by the number of posts I've done) I posted a response to head the "Keyboard Warriors" off, who no doubt would've slated me or my business for sponsoring yesterdays game without any facts to hand whatsoever - that seems to be how most forums are though! 

In reference to the previous post about the Championship Final event at Deco, Batley Fan Andy said "Oh no" Some clown called RPH said about "Never been near the place...... but hear they sell overpriced beer ? and alcopops for kids ? If a clubs supporters are going to put (especially RPH) derogatory, ill informed comments on a public forum, would you blame a local business for thinking - why bother. M. Hopkins, posted "I don't see the point in the club losing out on all the profit for everyone going to Deco" This I fully understand, however again, comments are made without the FACTS, I made an offer to the club to give 10% of all sales on the night to the club, Paul Harrison put this to Kevin & they decided, as is their right to have the post match reception back at the club. So for people to have a go without knowing any FACTS is annoying. 

As a side issue to RPH we also sell 'Tommo's Gold Lager' - Golden Original at £2.00 a pint, not sure if that's overpriced.

I have broad shoulders & will take stuff on the chin, as can be seen by me not responding to Batley Fan Andy & RPH previously with their comments - everybody is allowed an opinion, it must however be backed up with some knowledge & understanding that what they are posting is factual.  

It seems that businesses can be targeted by 'Trolls' with no consideration of the damage it may do. If I were to post on here anonymously that RPH (or worse this persons real name) was allegedly a complete tool & that their spouse/partner needed to lose a bit of weight, I would (quite rightly) be probably banned from the site. The fact that I don't know this person makes it even more wrong, as per above "Never been near the place...... yet RPH seems to think it's okay to slate a business that a lot of people rely on to pay their bills, mortgage etc. 

Sorry if I come across as a little "precious" anyone who knows me knows that's not the case. The top & bottom of it is I don't like people posting defamatory comments without the balls to put their names to them.  RPH, I'm sure you'll be big enough to respond under your real name. I would be delighted to buy you a pint up at the Mount & put you right on a few FACTS.

Thanks for responding Richard & to re-affirm my response wasn't aimed at you, yours was a reasonable question. Gary your summary is spot on of some people.

Paul.

Edited by BARFIELD, 03 March 2014 - 11:11 AM.

#9 toffee

toffee
  • Coach
  • 239 posts

Posted 03 March 2014 - 12:22 PM

Well put im batley fan not from batley so ave no clue with whats been said or put. Also i applaud your honesty its refreshing to hear also pleased to hear u also want to sponser the club ie match ths is good to see people wanting to invest in batley my name is chris rowley

#10 buford t justice

buford t justice
  • Coach
  • 1,891 posts

Posted 03 March 2014 - 12:27 PM

Hi Richard,

i'm aware that you asked a reasonable question & you've no axe to grind, hopefuly my answer outlined where I'm coming from.

I woudn't normally do my talking via a forum to be fair (as can be seen by the number of posts I've done) I posted a response to head the "Keyboard Warriors" off, who no doubt would've slated me or my business for sponsoring yesterdays game without any facts to hand whatsoever - that seems to be how most forums are though!

In reference to the previous post about the Championship Final event at Deco, Batley Fan Andy said "Oh no" Some clown called RPH said about "Never been near the place...... but hear they sell overpriced beer ? and alcopops for kids ? If a clubs supporters are going to put (especially RPH) derogatory, ill informed comments on a public forum, would you blame a local business for thinking - why bother. M. Hopkins, posted "I don't see the point in the club losing out on all the profit for everyone going to Deco" This I fully understand, however again, comments are made without the FACTS, I made an offer to the club to give 10% of all sales on the night to the club, Paul Harrison put this to Kevin & they decided, as is their right to have the post match reception back at the club. So for people to have a go without knowing any FACTS is annoying.

As a side issue to RPH we also sell 'Tommo's Gold Lager' - Golden Original at £2.00 a pint, not sure if that's overpriced.

I have broad shoulders & will take stuff on the chin, as can be seen by me not responding to Batley Fan Andy & RPH previously with their comments - everybody is allowed an opinion, it must however be backed up with some knowledge & understanding that what they are posting is factual.

It seems that businesses can be targeted by 'Trolls' with no consideration of the damage it may do. If I were to post on here anonymously that RPH (or worse this persons real name) was allegedly a complete tool & that their spouse/partner needed to lose a bit of weight, I would (quite rightly) be probably banned from the site. The fact that I don't know this person makes it even more wrong, as per above "Never been near the place...... yet RPH seems to think it's okay to slate a business that a lot of people rely on to pay their bills, mortgage etc.

Sorry if I come across as a little "precious" anyone who knows me knows that's not the case. The top & bottom of it is I don't like people posting defamatory comments without the balls to put their names to them. RPH, I'm sure you'll be big enough to respond under your real name. I would be delighted to buy you a pint up at the Mount & put you right on a few FACTS.

Thanks for responding Richard & to re-affirm my response wasn't aimed at you, yours was a reasonable question. Gary your summary is spot on of some people.

Paul.

No worries Paul, cant comment on the above, suppose everyone has an opinion good, bad or indifferent.

More of a Legends man myself these days but now i know you sell Tommos Gold might have to call in next time i venture down the golden mile.

Glad to hear you are speaking with iro re doing more with Batley - good to see a local business showing an interest.

All the best with it

#11 BatleyFanAndy

BatleyFanAndy
  • Coach
  • 1,697 posts

Posted 03 March 2014 - 12:30 PM

Hi Richard,

Sorry if I come across as a little "precious" anyone who knows me knows that's not the case. The top & bottom of it is I don't like people posting defamatory comments without the balls to put their names to them. RPH, I'm sure you'll be big enough to respond under your real name. I would be delighted to buy you a pint up at the Mount & put you right on a few FACTS.

Paul.

Paul, I apologise. Looks like I know less than what I thought. Last I knew, Bar Deco was owned by the Batley Variety lot which I had a problem with regarding an event a number of years back.

Again, sorry for the remark regarding the post match event at Deco. I'm obviously a few years behind (at least 5 by the sound of it).

Andy
SIGNATURE

#12 BARFIELD

BARFIELD
  • Players
  • 13 posts

Posted 03 March 2014 - 12:37 PM

No worries Guys, everyone is allowed an opinion, no issue with that, it's just if you are slightly ill informed it can be annoying when you're trying to do your best.

Andy, It's fine mate, sorry you had some issues, but as you said that was under the previous management, Thank you anyway.  

#13 Bat Lad

Bat Lad
  • Coach
  • 1,149 posts

Posted 03 March 2014 - 12:40 PM

Keep supporting us Paul, much appreciated

#14 Gary Coyle

Gary Coyle
  • Coach
  • 7,226 posts

Posted 03 March 2014 - 12:54 PM

No worries Guys, everyone is allowed an opinion, no issue with that, it's just if you are slightly ill informed it can be annoying when you're trying to do your best.

Andy, It's fine mate, sorry you had some issues, but as you said that was under the previous management, Thank you anyway.  

You need to get back into training ya fat get, too many late nights on the ale mate, you make me look slim. LOL :tease:

#15 graham fisher

graham fisher
  • Coach
  • 547 posts

Posted 03 March 2014 - 01:21 PM

Well said Paul if batley fans don't appreciate you,you can always come up to the rams where you will be APPRECIATED!!! Lol

#16 PETES' LADS' BRUV

PETES' LADS' BRUV
  • Coach
  • 919 posts

Posted 03 March 2014 - 01:22 PM

Didn't know you owned the bar Paul,

We might have have to call in more often.

A new future has begun!

#17 BARFIELD

BARFIELD
  • Players
  • 13 posts

Posted 03 March 2014 - 01:41 PM

Gary, Im sure you must be using a different mirror to everyone else  :biggrin:

#18 stevieb

stevieb
  • Coach
  • 229 posts

Posted 03 March 2014 - 02:34 PM

Its possible that its all been taken out of proportion, I however do call into deco's now and again when down the mile, but to me it mite of been better sponsoring fax on another game instead of against Batley imo.

#19 BARFIELD

BARFIELD
  • Players
  • 13 posts

Posted 03 March 2014 - 02:56 PM

Hi Stevieb, 

I don't see how anyone having a go at a persons livelihood can be seen as being taken out of proportion. I appreciate that you call into Deco now & again, whilst I genuinely apprecaite your custom that's not my point in all of this, people have a choice whether they call or not, it's not everbodies cup of tea & I respect that. It's about people stating untruths - which can harm any business which relies on the public as patrons.

The reason for sponsoring yesterdays game was that I'm a Batley fan, if anything doing that has allowed me to clear up quite a few misconceptions. A few Batley people where there so they would at least know who we are, I can't see any value in sponsoring Fax v Donny, or anyone else to be fair.  

Cheers,

Paul. 

#20 Gary Coyle

Gary Coyle
  • Coach
  • 7,226 posts

Posted 03 March 2014 - 03:30 PM

Gary, Im sure you must be using a different mirror to everyone else  :biggrin:

I m mate, every time i look in it i see you. LOL

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users