TotalRL.com Shop Alert: Last Ordering Date for Free Pre-Xmas Delivery within UK: 2pm Thursday 18th December!!
Rugby League Yearbook 2014/15 The Forbidden Game League Express League Express Gift Card Rugby League World Rugby League World Gift Card
Buy Now £14.99 / Kindle Buy Now £14.99 / Kindle Print / Digital Subscription Gift Cards Print / Digital Subscription Gift Cards

Photo
- - - - -

Match sponsor today at Halifax

• Please log in to reply
34 replies to this topic

#21 BARFIELD

BARFIELD
  • Players
  • 13 posts

Posted 03 March 2014 - 03:48 PM

Good comeback Gary, we'll compare waistlines when i see you up at the Mount :)

#22 RPH

RPH
  • Coach
  • 693 posts

Posted 03 March 2014 - 09:56 PM

As a side issue to RPH we also sell 'Tommo's Gold Lager' - Golden Original at £2.00 a pint, not sure if that's overpriced.

Paul.

So why didn’t you respond to the original Grand Final posting and say, what you have heard is wrong RPH, the Deco Bar from day 1 has ALWAYS sold beer at comparative prices to pubs in the area, and we have always offered Tommo Gold Lager at £2.00 per pint....and other draught beers at " £*.** per pint ?.

From Ray the " misinformed Clown ”

Edited by RPH, 03 March 2014 - 10:00 PM.

#23 M Hopkins

M Hopkins
  • 698 posts

Posted 04 March 2014 - 07:20 AM

Also when I mentioned about the club losing out by not holding the return at the mount was not a dig at Deco. I just wanted to have whatever I spent that night goto the club. As you can tell we weren't aware of the 10% offer to the club at the time.

Thanks for your honest posts Paul.

My real name is Michael Hopkins by the way.

#24 BARFIELD

BARFIELD
  • Players
  • 13 posts

Posted 04 March 2014 - 06:48 PM

Ray, interesting that you don't have a surname!!

In answer to your question I had no desire to attempt to defend myself (at the time) to ill informed comments. What right have you to post on a public forum (hiding behind a user name) a deregotary comment about a business that you've never even been in. As stated previously everyone has a right to an opinion but what gives you the right to slag anyone off??

These type of forums are frequented by "Keyboard Warriors" like yourself, who when they are asked to justify a post still don't have the balls to put their name to it. You've signed yourself Ray the "misinformed Clown' it seems to me that you may be upset to being refered to as a clown. My apologies for that, I don't know you & It's unfiar to label you as such. It was done though to see if you would raise to the bait, it seems it has worked. So lesson learned, if you want to have a go at someone or a business with no justification whatsoever understand that it works both ways. The difference being that I don't hide behind my user name.

Michael, as stated on my post earlier, your post was spot on & I fully understood & respected the clubs wishes at the time. My approach to the club was based after The Northern Rail Final when they went back to the Frontier with my understanding being that they earned nothing from the bar sales, hence my offer. It was driven as well by the players who wanted somewhere to go, if the club hadn't anything planned. The palyers did okay though as they had plenty of free beer when they came after been at the Mount!!

Just to clarify these posts have nothing to do with whether people frequent Deco or not, I understand, as stated previously that it's not for everybody & I'm fine with that, It's a venue aimed at a certain age. The posts to re-iterate are based on Gary Coyle's perception of how people operate, which in fairnes to Ray??? is backed up by his disingenuous respone.

Think it's time we called it a draw as there's nothing more boring than ###### for tat posts, plus I may get a reputation as a "Keyboard Warrior" Lol! If you know who I am Ray make yourself known to me next I'm up at the Mount & I'll by you some underpriced beer!!! Genuinely I will, life's too short.

Cheers,

Paul.

#25 distantdog

distantdog
  • Coach
  • 2,780 posts

Posted 04 March 2014 - 07:09 PM

Why this movement to suddenly know who everyone is? It's an internet forum, not a business meeting. I have absolutely no desire to know who everyone is, or for anyone to know who l am. Doesn't stop me being civil or polite to people, whether they are called Bob, Peter or Biggus Dicchus.

#26 BARFIELD

BARFIELD
  • Players
  • 13 posts

Posted 04 March 2014 - 07:52 PM

You've missed my point distantdog. I've no real desire to know who anybody is, but surely you cannot agree that someone can have a go at someone or something just based on perception or heresay, they should have the balls to say who they are & not hide behind a username. The pertinent point to your post being that you are civil & polite, therefore you've no reason to qualify who you are. If I came on here & said distantdog is this that or the other I'm sure you'd be interested to know who's posting it. 

I assume then that because it's an internet forum the inference is that the users are immune from acting in a responsible & courteous manner? You, as stated act in a way thats the aformentioned, other people don't & should have the courage to say, this is me & my opinion is based on the following FACTS, unfortunately this type of Social Media attract (in limited cases) a certain type of individual who just wants to have a pop at whoever without knowing that person. When posting general opinions usernames are not an issue because they are not aimed at anyone individually. If I posted "Kear out" for example I would put my name to it. I'm sure the people that posted such a statement in the sticky patch last year didn't & more than likely would, if they bumped into him at the Mount, smile in his face & shake his hand, which to me is the sign of a coward. 

For me it's about the courage of your conviction. It may be that I'm out of touch & turning into an old man, I was brought up to respect people & if I have any issues I'll speak with that person, not post anonymously, showing no balls to front up.

It's puzzling but why wouldn't you want people to know who you are? There's nothing wrong with supporting your club, showing passion & posting as such - why is that something that people feel the need to be anonymous about??

#27 Mike Oxhard

Mike Oxhard
  • Players
  • 39 posts

Posted 04 March 2014 - 08:23 PM

My real names is Mick Oxhard

#28 BARFIELD

BARFIELD
  • Players
  • 13 posts

Posted 04 March 2014 - 08:26 PM

Ha-Ha, I imagine it is reading this!!!!!!

#29 distantdog

distantdog
  • Coach
  • 2,780 posts

Posted 04 March 2014 - 08:47 PM

You've missed my point distantdog. I've no real desire to know who anybody is, but surely you cannot agree that someone can have a go at someone or something just based on perception or heresay, they should have the balls to say who they are & not hide behind a username. The pertinent point to your post being that you are civil & polite, therefore you've no reason to qualify who you are. If I came on here & said distantdog is this that or the other I'm sure you'd be interested to know who's posting it.

I assume then that because it's an internet forum the inference is that the users are immune from acting in a responsible & courteous manner? You, as stated act in a way thats the aformentioned, other people don't & should have the courage to say, this is me & my opinion is based on the following FACTS, unfortunately this type of Social Media attract (in limited cases) a certain type of individual who just wants to have a pop at whoever without knowing that person. When posting general opinions usernames are not an issue because they are not aimed at anyone individually. If I posted "Kear out" for example I would put my name to it. I'm sure the people that posted such a statement in the sticky patch last year didn't & more than likely would, if they bumped into him at the Mount, smile in his face & shake his hand, which to me is the sign of a coward.

For me it's about the courage of your conviction. It may be that I'm out of touch & turning into an old man, I was brought up to respect people & if I have any issues I'll speak with that person, not post anonymously, showing no balls to front up.

It's puzzling but why wouldn't you want people to know who you are? There's nothing wrong with supporting your club, showing passion & posting as such - why is that something that people feel the need to be anonymous about??

But why shouldn't l want to be anonymous? Why do you find that puzzling? If people have a go at me, and a number have, l couldn't care less because in reality they have no idea who l am. I would feel more defensive if they knew who l was and still had a go at me as l would be concerned that they were having a go at me because of who l was and not because of what l say.
I certainly do not feel the need to reveal who l am based on the request of someone who is annoyed by the odd post.
Interestingly, even though l know several names of members of this forum, and despite our community being rather small, l still have no idea who anyone is, and long may it remain so.

Regards

Mr. D. Dog

Edited by distantdog, 04 March 2014 - 08:49 PM.

#30 9' oller

9' oller
  • Coach
  • 3,717 posts

Posted 04 March 2014 - 09:19 PM

9'oller

Otherwise known as don kiddick.

The most unfashionable yet over achieving mutts around

#31 Piggy's mate

Piggy's mate
  • Coach
  • 3,378 posts

Posted 04 March 2014 - 10:41 PM

Ask Piggy he'll tell you who I am, failing that just say hello to tthe best looking bloke at the mount that's me and I'm not being big headed there's some real munters at the mount....seriously I stick out like like someone with one head at dewsbury :lol:

Expecting the world to treat you fairly because you are good is like

expecting the bull not to charge because you are a vegetarian.

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb:

#32 9' oller

9' oller
  • Coach
  • 3,717 posts

Posted 05 March 2014 - 07:15 AM

Your not the bloke with a blonde perm are you.
So 80's old pal

The most unfashionable yet over achieving mutts around

#33 Lone Drinker

Lone Drinker
  • Coach
  • 270 posts

Posted 05 March 2014 - 07:25 AM

I've never been in Deco. Can't remember the last time I went down Bradford Road. 

#34 Piggy's mate

Piggy's mate
  • Coach
  • 3,378 posts

Posted 05 March 2014 - 08:20 AM

Your not the bloke with a blonde perm are you.
So 80's old pal

works every time when combined with the old medallion ;)

Expecting the world to treat you fairly because you are good is like

expecting the bull not to charge because you are a vegetarian.

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb:

#35 grumpyoldram

grumpyoldram
  • Coach
  • 2,769 posts

Posted 05 March 2014 - 09:47 AM

But why shouldn't l want to be anonymous? Why do you find that puzzling? If people have a go at me, and a number have, l couldn't care less because in reality they have no idea who l am. I would feel more defensive if they knew who l was and still had a go at me as l would be concerned that they were having a go at me because of who l was and not because of what l say.
I certainly do not feel the need to reveal who l am based on the request of someone who is annoyed by the odd post.
Interestingly, even though l know several names of members of this forum, and despite our community being rather small, l still have no idea who anyone is, and long may it remain so.

Regards

Mr. D. Dog

Got to agree with you DD- personally I don't post with my user name to avoid embarrassment to family and friends (some of whom are dogs supporters) who may not agree with my views, and because (from personal experience with facebook) I don't particularly want to increase the number of "friends" I have. I try not to post anything offensive or malicious, so hopefully I don't come into the category of keyboard warrior, but if anybody did want to discuss something with me personally, they could always PM me, and I'd let them know where and when I can be found.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users