Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 401 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, full colour, in-depth coverage from the grassroots through to the international game.
Click here for the digital edition or just download the Rugby League World app from Apple Newsstand or Google Play now.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 401
/ View a Gallery of all our previous 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 401
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Paddy Power... tasteful!

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Futtocks

Futtocks
  • Coach
  • 20,086 posts

Posted 03 March 2014 - 01:26 PM

Running a book on the Oscar Pistorius murder trial - that's just so classy.

A mind is like a parachute. It doesn’t work if it isn’t open. Frank Zappa (1940 - 1993)

#2 Wolford6

Wolford6
  • Coach
  • 9,733 posts

Posted 03 March 2014 - 01:36 PM

He'll get the best defence money can buy.

Always go with the money is a common betting policy.

I won't be taking a double on his case with Rolf's.

Edited by Wolford6, 03 March 2014 - 01:39 PM.

Under Scrutiny by the Right-On Thought Police

#3 Li0nhead

Li0nhead
  • Coach
  • 749 posts

Posted 03 March 2014 - 02:53 PM

Its worked for them as it gets the Paddy Power logo on our screens.

Personally i tell everyone not to use Paddy Power ever since I got an e-mail from them telling me i was no longer eligible for their offers, bonuses etc.After they reviewed my account.

The best thing is, I was not in profit with them! I was a losing punter with them!

Only thing i can think is it was because I was taking advantage of their offers. If they were offering a possibility of money back even if you lose and i was going to back in that event I would back with them, all i was doing is using the offers they would plaster all over tv ads (i.e "if Striker X scores first we will refund all losing bets on the game").

All this latest gimmick offering money back of hes not guilty is to do is to get them on telly and their logo. Oh....I would not be eligible for the money back offer advertised!

#4 John Drake

John Drake
  • Admin
  • 7,501 posts

Posted 04 March 2014 - 11:08 AM

I'm not defending them, far from it, but is it any less classy than the voyeuristic televised coverage this 'celebrity' trial is receiving elsewhere in the media?

John Drake
Site Admin: TotalRL.com
TotalRL.com
Email: john.drake@totalrl.com

#5 Tiny Tim

Tiny Tim
  • Coach
  • 6,951 posts

Posted 04 March 2014 - 11:16 AM

Not sure if they are being sneaky here offering 'Money back if he Walks'. 

28m391z.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users