TotalRL.com Shop Alert: Last Ordering Date for Free Pre-Xmas Delivery within UK: 2pm Thursday 18th December!!
Rugby League Yearbook 2014/15 The Forbidden Game League Express League Express Gift Card Rugby League World Rugby League World Gift Card
Buy Now £14.99 / Kindle Buy Now £14.99 / Kindle Print / Digital Subscription Gift Cards Print / Digital Subscription Gift Cards

Photo
- - - - -

Initiative on Sunday

• Please log in to reply
46 replies to this topic

#1 buford t justice

buford t justice
  • Coach
  • 1,901 posts

Posted 04 March 2014 - 10:21 AM

Read on the web that we are to donate half of the proceeds of any super league season ticket holder attending on Sundays gane to the Bradford Bulls fund.

As Bradford play on Friday, i hope the message has been well publicised among their fans and hope it entices a lot of them to turn up.

Edited by buford t justice, 04 March 2014 - 10:23 AM.

What we're dealing with here is a complete lack of respect for the law

#2 PETES' LADS' BRUV

PETES' LADS' BRUV
  • Coach
  • 919 posts

Posted 04 March 2014 - 11:08 AM

Good idea, are any other super leagues not playing on Sunday?

Have to laugh to one self though  "Little old Batley helping out the mighty Bradford Bulls"

A new future has begun!

#3 fredm

fredm
  • Coach
  • 1,557 posts

Posted 04 March 2014 - 11:25 AM

I think it is aimed at all SL season ticket holders as none of the local ones are playing on Sunday.  But, yes, it should be splashed on the Bulls site - has it been given to the Telegraph and Argus?  Let's hope some are persuaded to come.

#4 buford t justice

buford t justice
  • Coach
  • 1,901 posts

Posted 04 March 2014 - 12:54 PM

To be fair its a great idea and an easy way to raise a few grand for the cause, if they dont turn up in their numbers then they are beyond help.
What we're dealing with here is a complete lack of respect for the law

#5 DEWSBURY TIL I DIE

DEWSBURY TIL I DIE
  • Coach
  • 2,403 posts

Posted 04 March 2014 - 12:58 PM

Who we betting on getting the higher crowd? Rams v haven or batley v donny? I personally think it's a good idea but doubt the bulls would do the same for you or us for that matter. Hoping the rams can get a good crowd Sunday

Edited by DEWSBURY TIL I DIE, 04 March 2014 - 12:59 PM.

#6 distantdog

distantdog
  • Coach
  • 2,783 posts

Posted 04 March 2014 - 03:39 PM

Who we betting on getting the higher crowd? Rams v haven or batley v donny? I personally think it's a good idea but doubt the bulls would do the same for you or us for that matter. Hoping the rams can get a good crowd Sunday

There is something in it for both clubs, Bradford and us. It is a creative method of getting more to pay their £5 SL season ticket entrance while benefitting their club.

Hopeful it might attract a few up to the LRL.com stadium!

#7 DEWSBURY TIL I DIE

DEWSBURY TIL I DIE
  • Coach
  • 2,403 posts

Posted 04 March 2014 - 06:28 PM

Hopefully. Good luck. Hoping for 2,000 at dews v haven but doubt wel get no where near it. That said the club are finally promoting itself. Our offer of free admission to under 12s with a paying adult starts this week. Be interesting to see if it adds to the gate, or how many many it will add to the gate, likewise yourselves...

Edited by DEWSBURY TIL I DIE, 04 March 2014 - 06:29 PM.

#8 Piggy's mate

Piggy's mate
  • Coach
  • 3,378 posts

Posted 04 March 2014 - 06:39 PM

Hopefully. Good luck. Hoping for 2,000 at dews v haven but doubt wel get no where near it. That said the club are finally promoting itself. Our offer of free admission to under 12s with a paying adult starts this week. Be interesting to see if it adds to the gate, or how many many it will add to the gate, likewise yourselves...

Good luck DTID we all need more support and it needs constant effort to attract peoples spare money these days

Expecting the world to treat you fairly because you are good is like

expecting the bull not to charge because you are a vegetarian.

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb:

#9 grumpyoldram

grumpyoldram
  • Coach
  • 2,770 posts

Posted 04 March 2014 - 07:03 PM

Good luck DTID we all need more support and it needs constant effort to attract peoples spare money these days

It's depressing -  the number of people that prefer to keep their spare money in their spare wallets that is. :shout:

#10 DEWSBURY TIL I DIE

DEWSBURY TIL I DIE
  • Coach
  • 2,403 posts

Posted 04 March 2014 - 07:42 PM

think part of the problem with Most clubs in our league is we don't do enought to promote ourselves. People won't just turn up if they don't know what's out there!

Edited by DEWSBURY TIL I DIE, 04 March 2014 - 07:43 PM.

#11 Gary Coyle

Gary Coyle
  • Coach
  • 7,268 posts

Posted 05 March 2014 - 11:52 AM

I dont get this offer

Normally any Super League club season ticket holder can get in at Batley for £5

This offer is to get in for £10 

I know £5 of that £10 will go to the Bullbuilder fund, but still, £5 or £10, i dont get it.

Am i missing something.

#12 distantdog

distantdog
  • Coach
  • 2,783 posts

Posted 05 March 2014 - 12:56 PM

I dont get this offer

I know £5 of that £10 will go to the Bullbuilder fund, but still, £5 or £10, i dont get it.
Am i missing something.

I do. It is offering an extra incentive to come and watch us, especially Bradford supporters. If they come to watch they get to see a match cheap while helping their own club. Seems a sensible offer to me.

#13 Pride & Heritage

Pride & Heritage
  • Coach
  • 464 posts

Posted 05 March 2014 - 01:24 PM

Hot off the press, I am very pleased to announce the Giants are also on board with a similar deal, donations will go to the Giants Talent Builder Fund instead of the BullBuilder Fund with the vouchers they have.

The Giants have been terrific and they are going to do a press release and put the offer up on the big screen at the GIants v Leeds Game on Friday night for us, it should also be on the Giants website soon.

Peter Smith at the YEP has told me he is hoping to give us a mention in the YEP prior to the game too. I have also sent this on to the T&A so I'm just waiting to hear from them. 

As I am a bit of a dinosaur, if anyone can help me to get these 2 deals out there in to cyberspace and plastered everywhere on social media sites e.g. twitter and facebook etc.I would be eternally grateful.

Edited by Pride & Heritage, 05 March 2014 - 06:27 PM.

#14 Rab C

Rab C
  • Coach
  • 1,013 posts

Posted 05 March 2014 - 01:27 PM

I dont get this offer

Am i missing something.

I suppose it comes down to how well publicised the £5 SL season ticket entry offer was advertised in the past.. Not very IMHO. Hence why this seems a good deal to those with SL season tickets.

A good innovation. But would Bradford Bulls do it for Batley Bulldogs?

The £5/£10 SL season ticket offer should be pushed for every home game to pick up any floating rugby league fans. Not just a one off poster and a hope that the masses come. What would the club class as a result? An extra hundred on the crowd attendance? Ten posters over the turnstyle?? Are Huddersfield Giants fans aware of the SL season ticket offer, a chance to see their star players of tomorrow on duel reg? Is there a link up with the Giants marketing team to inform Giants support base/club of the SL ticket offer?

A one off promotion won’t work. However, constantly pushing it will over time with the use of social media can only make some return in the future..

All our home player with twitter/facebook accounts should assist circulating the news/offers of what’s going on at the club. Its free marketing

#15 Rab C

Rab C
  • Coach
  • 1,013 posts

Posted 05 March 2014 - 01:28 PM

Hot off the press, I am very pleased to announce the Giants are also on board with a similar deal, donations will go to the Giants Talent Builder Fund instead of the BullBuilder Fund with the vouchers they have.

The Giants have been terrific and they are going to do a press release and put the offer up on the big screen at the GIants v Leeds Game on Friday night for me, it should also be on the Giants website soon.

Peter Smith at the YEP has told me he is hoping to give us a mention in the YEP prior to the game too. I have also sent this on to the T&A so I'm just waiting to hear from them. 

As I am a bit of a dinosaur, if anyone can help me to get these 2 deals out there in to cyberspace and plastered everywhere on social media sites e.g. twitter and facebook etc.I would be eternally grateful.

I really want to get as many people in to the ground as possible this Sunday.

P&H you must have read my mind. hence my post above. Well done.

#16 Pride & Heritage

Pride & Heritage
  • Coach
  • 464 posts

Posted 05 March 2014 - 01:33 PM

P&H you must have read my mind. hence my post above. Well done.

Hehehe no problem I just it works. ;)

Edited by Pride & Heritage, 05 March 2014 - 06:28 PM.

#17 Rab C

Rab C
  • Coach
  • 1,013 posts

Posted 05 March 2014 - 01:47 PM

Hehehe no problem I just hope people turn out in numbers.

One swallow doesn't make a summer. But it would be encouraging all the same. I have printed some posters off and given them to some lads at work.

A push on any offers Friday & Saturday & Sunday morning via social media is a must.

With a dry forecast predicted for Sunday, hopefully any extra footfall, will be enticed to buy food and drink and hopefully see some entertaining rugby. win/win

#18 PETES' LADS' BRUV

PETES' LADS' BRUV
  • Coach
  • 919 posts

Posted 05 March 2014 - 04:28 PM

Why not include  Leeds Rhinos in this offer? 

A new future has begun!

#19 Pride & Heritage

Pride & Heritage
  • Coach
  • 464 posts

Posted 05 March 2014 - 04:34 PM

I have tried, but they have the Hunslet partnership and therefore would not be prepared to run offers with the Bulldogs.

#20 Batley Bob

Batley Bob
  • Coach
  • 1,280 posts

Posted 05 March 2014 - 05:23 PM

I have allready got it on facebook , earlier this week :-)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users