TotalRL.com Shop Alert: Last Ordering Date for Free Pre-Xmas Delivery within UK: 2pm Thursday 18th December!!
Rugby League Yearbook 2014/15 The Forbidden Game League Express League Express Gift Card Rugby League World Rugby League World Gift Card
Buy Now £14.99 / Kindle Buy Now £14.99 / Kindle Print / Digital Subscription Gift Cards Print / Digital Subscription Gift Cards

Photo
- - - - -

Initiative on Sunday

• Please log in to reply
46 replies to this topic

#21 Pride & Heritage

Pride & Heritage
  • Coach
  • 464 posts

Posted 05 March 2014 - 05:39 PM

I have allready got it on facebook , earlier this week :-)

Thanks Bob, the more exposure the better. We all need to keep pushing this as much as possible

#22 Keep The Faith

Keep The Faith
  • Coach
  • 829 posts

Posted 05 March 2014 - 07:55 PM

Can i ask why were giving other club squads buliders money? Doesn't bissa our own get any say in this? I think its a joke as charity does start at home with bissa.. Not bradford or leeds or huddersfield because they wouldn't give us anything

#23 Lone Drinker

Lone Drinker
  • Coach
  • 270 posts

Posted 05 March 2014 - 08:10 PM

Can i ask why were giving other club squads buliders money? Doesn't bissa our own get any say in this? I think its a joke as charity does start at home with bissa.. Not bradford or leeds or huddersfield because they wouldn't give us anything

If you assume that without this offer a person wouldn't come, you can see its £5 each and we get the pie/beer money. Makes perfect sense to me.

#24 distantdog

distantdog
  • Coach
  • 2,783 posts

Posted 05 March 2014 - 08:37 PM

Seems a short sighted view. This deal l would suggest is more about us. If we invited them in for a fiver, as we do, how many would actually take up the offer?
If we offer them the opportunity to contribute to their own club while still giving us a fiver, l suspect we may get more in.
And then, as someone said, all the extra stuff they might buy.

Edited by distantdog, 05 March 2014 - 08:43 PM.

#25 Batley Bob

Batley Bob
  • Coach
  • 1,280 posts

Posted 05 March 2014 - 09:18 PM

Not a fan of the £5 offer myself , i could buy a giants season ticket , see a season of super league games that the ticket gets me ,then  go to all batley home games for a grand cost of £65 on the batley gate , thats £85 cheaper than a bulldogs season ticket

#26 buford t justice

buford t justice
  • Coach
  • 1,901 posts

Posted 05 March 2014 - 09:33 PM

Not a fan of the £5 offer myself , i could buy a giants season ticket , see a season of super league games that the ticket gets me ,then go to all batley home games for a grand cost of £65 on the batley gate , thats £85 cheaper than a bulldogs season ticket

And you'd be depriving your club of the rest of the money by not buying a Batley season ticket. Not the action of a true fan that as Batley would lose £85 quid.

This way Batley get a fiver for every super league season ticket holder through the gate that wouldnt ordinarily go.

Money for nothing for Batley, Its a no brainer really.

Hope plenty of Bradford fans turn up to support the idea.

Edited by buford t justice, 05 March 2014 - 09:37 PM.

What we're dealing with here is a complete lack of respect for the law

#27 Pride & Heritage

Pride & Heritage
  • Coach
  • 464 posts

Posted 05 March 2014 - 09:35 PM

http://www.thetelegr...g_hand/?ref=rss

#28 buford t justice

buford t justice
  • Coach
  • 1,901 posts

Posted 05 March 2014 - 09:42 PM

We get a fiver for every fan who wouldnt normally be there. Who cares where the other half goes.

Edited by buford t justice, 05 March 2014 - 09:43 PM.

#29 Keep The Faith

Keep The Faith
  • Coach
  • 829 posts

Posted 05 March 2014 - 10:09 PM

We get a fiver for every fan who wouldnt normally be there. Who cares where the other half goes.

i do if it came down to them coming down next season and them signing a player and that money next season so i do tbh the other £5 could sign players for my team

#30 buford t justice

buford t justice
  • Coach
  • 1,901 posts

Posted 05 March 2014 - 10:21 PM

i do if it came down to them coming down next season and them signing a player and that money next season so i do tbh the other £5 could sign players for my team

If Huddersfield make enough fivers out of Batley on Sunday to sign a player or two on a full time basis, we'll have a crowd of over 10,000.

Realistically though, if 500 SL fans turn up Batley make an extra 5 grand*, and for a club our size thats fantastic, cant honestly see why anyone has an issue with it - getting fans in who wouldnt be there any other time and getting money out of them is win win for us.

*half of which we keep (fao Walter Wall)

Edited by buford t justice, 05 March 2014 - 10:47 PM.

#31 buford t justice

buford t justice
  • Coach
  • 1,901 posts

Posted 05 March 2014 - 10:45 PM

For us to make £5000 from 500 super fans you will have to lay off the snap and leave some for them. We get a fiver from each entrant. Which bank do you work for?

And they wonder why people blame bankers for the financial crisis.

I forgot to add 'half of which we keep' after 'batley make 5 grand' - ive now edited accordingly.

Sorry Walter.

Edited by buford t justice, 05 March 2014 - 10:50 PM.

#32 Lone Drinker

Lone Drinker
  • Coach
  • 270 posts

Posted 06 March 2014 - 07:36 AM

Again.

Assume that without this offer, and the surrounding publicity, that the SL fan stays at home. We get nothing, yeah.

We'll done to all involved.

And.... Get signed up for the Ron Earnshaw Suite.

#33 sweaty craiq

sweaty craiq
  • Coach
  • 1,785 posts

Posted 06 March 2014 - 08:47 AM

To hit the board you must throw the dart.

Risk - you p off existing fans by discounting, or existing fans borrow ST's from mates who follow SL clubs and income is reduced

Reward - you attract Batley residing fans who have SL season tickets who enjoy the experience and return

Financial - you get just over £4 a head plus vat, if you get £500 more I will be surprised based upon what other clubs attracted when they tried this, but as my first line says ......................

Good luck

#34 fredm

fredm
  • Coach
  • 1,557 posts

Posted 06 March 2014 - 09:07 AM

Well nephew, this is why we struggle to get any fans to the game. Too many supposed fans moan and groan about anything the club try to increase the gate. The Ron Earnshaw suite is woefully short of members and when a fan gets off his backside and tries something to increase the gate he is belittled by fans who hate putting their hands in their pocket for the club. Without all the fans who help out for no financial gain we wouldn't have a club. The only thing the club have had to do for this great idea is sanction it. Not spent a penny. See you Sunday and you can support the club in the way you do best.

In the Workington programme Kevin outlined the work that has been undertaken during the winter. The electrical system into the stadium and across to the Glen Tomlinson stand has been upgraded and floodlights repaired, a cost of £7500 even with volunteers doing the labouring; the ladies toilets have been refurbished; the rotten wooden doors on the turnstiles have been replaced; work has been undertaken on the car park behind the Kirkwood Hospice stand; the boardroom and Ron Earnshaw lounge have been decorated and new lighting installed to enable functions to be held; together with the general upkeep of the playing surface and painting of the metal barriers etc.  All this has been done with an income of precisely zilch!  It costs money to run a club, far above paying the players a few quid.

The BOD have costed a neutral budget of 13000 spectators for the 13 league matches, with an estimate of 750 attending the Workington fixture.  What was the attendance? - 599(?).  So at £10 per head average that is a shortfall already of £1500.  Surely any initiative to bring extra cash into the club must be congratulated.

#35 M Hopkins

M Hopkins
  • 701 posts

Posted 06 March 2014 - 08:52 PM

I think it's a good idea. And I'm glad to see our club trying something

#36 TheTerminator

TheTerminator
  • Coach
  • 2,071 posts

Posted 09 March 2014 - 05:24 PM

Fantastic to see so many Bulls fans making the 7 mile journey over from Bradford today to support our initiative and raise some bady needed funds for their club. The spirit of the Rugby League family is alive and well. At times, I had to pinch myself just to remind me that I wasn't actually at Odsal.

Posted Image

#37 Piggy's mate

Piggy's mate
  • Coach
  • 3,378 posts

Posted 09 March 2014 - 05:27 PM

Fantastic to see so many Bulls fans making the 7 mile journey over from Bradford today to support our initiative and raise some bady needed funds for their club. The spirit of the Rugby League family is alive and well. At times, I had to pinch myself just to remind me that I wasn't actually at Odsal.

:download:

Expecting the world to treat you fairly because you are good is like

expecting the bull not to charge because you are a vegetarian.

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb:

#38 greavesy

greavesy
  • Coach
  • 542 posts

Posted 09 March 2014 - 05:54 PM

I saw 1 but well done to the club for trying. These are hard times.

#39 Gary Coyle

Gary Coyle
  • Coach
  • 7,268 posts

Posted 09 March 2014 - 06:06 PM

I saw 1 but well done to the club for trying. These are hard times.

There were some at Dewsbury

#40 9' oller

9' oller
  • Coach
  • 3,717 posts

Posted 09 March 2014 - 06:45 PM

Well on that showing tom they deserve to go to the wall. Hard lines batley the thought was there

The most unfashionable yet over achieving mutts around

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users