Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 400 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, 38 years of history from Open Rugby to the present day.
Click here for the digital edition to read online via smartphone, tablet and desktop devices including iPhone, iPad, Android & Kindle HD.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 400
/ View a Gallery of all 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 400
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Initiative on Sunday

• Please log in to reply
46 replies to this topic

#41 distantdog

distantdog
  • Coach
  • 2,417 posts

Posted 09 March 2014 - 06:54 PM

My brother was there with three other Bulls season ticket holders. He was appalled by the lack of Bulls supporters

#42 BatleyFanAndy

BatleyFanAndy
  • Coach
  • 1,491 posts

Posted 09 March 2014 - 06:59 PM

I'd carry the offer on to all clubs all season and maybe beyond. We could be everyone's favourite 'other club'.
SIGNATURE

#43 ernieone

ernieone
  • Coach
  • 2,451 posts

Posted 09 March 2014 - 08:22 PM

After paying £24 to get in to the KC stadium my daughter gave it a miss today.

Kevin did say after the match that 30 supporters had took up the offer that is 30 x £5 = £150 that the club are better off.

"Batley Bulldogs, Championship Club of the Year 2011"

1950s Gallant Youth, 2000 Bulldog

#44 bromleybulldog

bromleybulldog
  • Coach
  • 333 posts

Posted 09 March 2014 - 08:30 PM

Thought the attendance was terrible today given the fantastic weather, Bulls and Giants promotions etc. Where is everybody??

#45 wayneg

wayneg
  • Coach
  • 137 posts

Posted 09 March 2014 - 08:51 PM

I applaud the initiative but what if the shoe was on the other foot, Batley had no game so the Bulls offer Bulldog supporters £10 entry, I certainly wouldn't have any interest in going after already forking out for a season ticket, and that should be more appealing than a Super league supporter paying £10 to see a Championship team.

Its hard enough to find the finances to support 1 team. I appreciate some affording it as 30 have but can't see how this could attract 100's.

#46 Chairman LMAO

Chairman LMAO
  • Coach
  • 3,884 posts

Posted 09 March 2014 - 09:04 PM

The club should still be applauded for what looked (on paper at least) a decent initiative.

#47 distantdog

distantdog
  • Coach
  • 2,417 posts

Posted 09 March 2014 - 09:20 PM

The club should still be applauded for what looked (on paper at least) a decent initiative.

Couldn't agree more. And if the shoe was on the other foot, l would have taken up the offer on a oneoff basis, particularly if it was Batley in trouble.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users