Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 400 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, 38 years of history from Open Rugby to the present day.
Click here for the digital edition to read online via smartphone, tablet and desktop devices including iPhone, iPad, Android & Kindle HD.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 400
/ View a Gallery of all 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 400
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Barrow Match

• Please log in to reply
71 replies to this topic

#41 Coachman

Coachman
  • Banned
  • 66 posts

Posted 09 March 2014 - 09:30 AM

Starting 13
Tierney
Carter
Murphy
Connor
Mossop
Forber
Phillips
Shacks
Matty
Coward
Mcavoy
Stack
Olstrum
Subs McGoff, lever,Hopkins and either Brett or lupton

This IS the team

#42 ameliasdaddy

ameliasdaddy
  • Workington
  • 130 posts

Posted 09 March 2014 - 10:06 AM

Interesting

As good as brett is, how could anyone consider dropping mcavoy after that performance at second row last week.

Brett will play his way back in the side I'm sure

#43 wonky

wonky
  • Coach
  • 4,205 posts

Posted 09 March 2014 - 10:15 AM

As good as brett is, how could anyone consider dropping mcavoy after that performance at second row last week.

brett should be at least on the bench, or at worst moved to prop, unless of course he still isn't right after missing last week.
the futures bright,the futures blue and white

#44 gillmeister

gillmeister
  • Coach
  • 1,189 posts

Posted 09 March 2014 - 11:24 AM

McAvoys natural position is prop but he did really well in the second row as stated Brett and Hopkins as replacement props would have been a great interchange. You can't change a winning team but I'm baffled how McGoffs in over Brett when we've made a change
Forget Chuck and Chad I am the real legend killer

#45 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 5,412 posts

Posted 09 March 2014 - 11:28 AM

I don't really want to see Brett getting bashed up the middle as a prop . We've got guys less talented to do the hard yards . He's a real weapon on the edge threatening the line against lighter guys , breaking through to score ,and creating for the backs . Him and Stack are top notch second rows at this level . Fit and well that's one area I wouldn't be tinkering with . And they can play 80 there , as opposed to prop , and you want these guys on the pitch . Especially as pitches dry and they can gallop . All the best today anyway and to Mr Veivers in his first game . A winnable game for us as much as them . Making a good 20 or 40 into 60 or 70 and we can grab this .

Edited by DavidM, 09 March 2014 - 11:48 AM.

#46 wonky

wonky
  • Coach
  • 4,205 posts

Posted 09 March 2014 - 01:57 PM

I know what you mean Dave, I just want to see Brett on the pitch, and him and stack should be the 1st forwards named in our side. Veivers has only taken 1 session but im sure he will realise Brett's a definite starter in any team in this league once he's seen more of him.

#47 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 5,412 posts

Posted 09 March 2014 - 02:07 PM

Indeed.

#48 troutmaster

troutmaster
  • 817 posts

Posted 09 March 2014 - 08:32 PM

I know what you mean Dave, I just want to see Brett on the pitch, and him and stack should be the 1st forwards named in our side. Veivers has only taken 1 session but im sure he will realise Brett's a definite starter in any team in this league once he's seen more of him.

The coach decided to go with the team that won last week,i know brett was not to happy about being left out but he will be in the team i am sure for the future.The coach did say he knew a few of the players but wanted to asess them before he went elsewhere for players and by the way they all performed today he's got a job on hands.Talking to a mate at the match he told me that big red had packed in but i cannot see the big fella just walking out on the club?lets hope not he is not a bad player but a bit overweight at the moment.

Edited by troutmaster, 09 March 2014 - 08:33 PM.
missed line?

Posted Image

#49 havenhater

havenhater
  • Coach
  • 834 posts

Posted 09 March 2014 - 09:01 PM

For big red it could be a blessing in disguise having his old coach, I'm sure he will be back but next week you have got too expect rolo, duerden, Rooney and young lucock will get some game time,
Fair play he gave mcgoff a chance today too and he wasn't too good going forward but he did his job in defence like the rest of them,
Excellent win and looking forward to the rest of this championship campaign and the long challenge cup run also

#50 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 5,412 posts

Posted 09 March 2014 - 09:17 PM

Good point chief . Ideal opportunity to have a look at the rest of his squad and give the lads a gallop

#51 Keith T

Keith T
  • Coach
  • 8,704 posts

Posted 09 March 2014 - 09:26 PM

I don't know who he was talking about but the coach said it was his decision to drop a kid today and play McGoff!!!!     Was it Brett P, Big Red, who?

I remember when .............................

"It is impossible not to feel a twinge of sympathy for Workington Town, the fall guys this season for the Super League's determination to retain it's European dimension, in the shape of Paris. While the French have had every assistance to survive, the importance of having a flagship in a heartland area like West Cumbria has been conveniently forgotten." - Dave Hadfield - Independent 25th August 1996.

#52 Hate the rec

Hate the rec
  • Workington
  • 821 posts

Posted 09 March 2014 - 09:33 PM

I don't know who he was talking about but the coach said it was his decision to drop a kid today and play McGoff!!!!     Was it Brett P, Big Red, who?

Brett Philips was out on the pitch doing all the pre-match drills Keith, didn't see big Red there at all, McGoff was going into tackles and seamed to be always failing to his knees! he defended well but nothing else, Brett would have started for me.

#53 wonky

wonky
  • Coach
  • 4,205 posts

Posted 09 March 2014 - 09:51 PM

I don't know who he was talking about but the coach said it was his decision to drop a kid today and play McGoff!!!! Was it Brett P, Big Red, who?

surely he meant Callum rowlandson. Brett or red couldn't be dropped as he wasn't playing last week either.

Edited by wonky, 09 March 2014 - 09:52 PM.

#54 GeordieTownie

GeordieTownie
  • Coach
  • 1,143 posts

Posted 10 March 2014 - 05:19 AM

Big red needs some bark off and Brett P needs to up his defensive game

#55 donald

donald
  • Coach
  • 531 posts

Posted 10 March 2014 - 07:56 AM

Dont mean to start any argument here but brett phillips is one of the best forwards in this league could the crac be right that all wigan players must play that being the reason he was left out

#56 wonky

wonky
  • Coach
  • 4,205 posts

Posted 10 March 2014 - 08:24 AM

Big red needs some bark off and Brett P needs to up his defensive game

I'm sorry but Brett has to play if there being picked off there ability.

#57 Death to the Rah Rah's

Death to the Rah Rah's
  • Coach
  • 466 posts

Posted 10 March 2014 - 08:32 AM

what about Rooney?

#58 wonky

wonky
  • Coach
  • 4,205 posts

Posted 10 March 2014 - 08:47 AM

what about Rooney?

Dan was Ill

#59 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 5,412 posts

Posted 10 March 2014 - 10:53 AM

Just looking at the keighley team from yesterday . Looks strong with some good acquisitions .

#60 town4me

town4me
  • Workington
  • 1,802 posts

Posted 10 March 2014 - 11:41 AM

The haven fanzine strikes again! Just a quick look at the back page in the garage and a big spread on havens game with the words back us and a small narrow colum down the side about the cumbrian derby. Its our coaches first match and he gets a win in a very good cumbrian derby game and we get a rally cry to back haven all over the back page. Nothing changes eh

Edited by town4me, 10 March 2014 - 11:58 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users