Photo
- - - - -

06/03/14 - Widnes Vikings v Salford Red Devils KO 8pm (Sky Sports)

• Please log in to reply
126 replies to this topic

Poll: Who will win? (17 member(s) have cast votes)

Who will win?

1. Widnes Vikings (13 votes [76.47%])

Percentage of vote: 76.47%

2. Draw (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

3. Salford Red Devils (4 votes [23.53%])

Percentage of vote: 23.53%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#81 Padge

Padge
  • Coach
  • 18,282 posts

Posted 06 March 2014 - 11:28 PM

Ooooh my injury list is bigger than yours

No its not mines bigger than yours.

Yeah but.....

Oh FFS, you play what's in front of you, if you are a good club, as opposed to team, the guys that step in are up to speed and make little difference* in performance.

*Note the words 'little difference'.

Visit my photography site www.padge.smugmug.com
Radio 5 Live: Saturday 14 April 2007
Dave Whelan "In Wigan rugby will always be king"

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.

#82 R J Wagsmith

R J Wagsmith
  • Coach
  • 185 posts

Posted 06 March 2014 - 11:45 PM

I didn't expect to enjoy that, but I did. Some good rugby in there, Johnson, Mellors, Hanbury, Brown, Hansen, Joseph, Fages etc.

All that pre-season rot about Salford has done them no favours, but they'll be ok. They were bound to sign a few duds Mullaney, Howarth and of course Meli.

WIdnes outside shout for top 8.

It was, I think, a good game. If you think Jake Mullaney is a "dud" then I fear you have much to learn or watched a different game. The commentators on Sky kept blaming him for a mistake, from  which Widnes scored. The player concerned was Danny Williams, not Mullaney, who is a fine prospect.

#83 Bomb Jack

Bomb Jack
  • Coach
  • 2,033 posts

Posted 07 March 2014 - 12:06 AM

Ooooh my injury list is bigger than yours

No its not mines bigger than yours.

Yeah but.....

Oh FFS, you play what's in front of you, if you are a good club, as opposed to team, the guys that step in are up to speed and make little difference* in performance.

*Note the words 'little difference'.

I was pointing out that any mention of injured players was all one sided.

Do you disagree?

And we played and beat what was in front of us.

Widnes - Super League's newest Club, and Cheshire's Original Glamour Club. Watch out Warrington, we're back !

#84 yipyee

yipyee
  • Coach
  • 1,351 posts

Posted 07 March 2014 - 12:14 AM

Enjoyable game to watch as a neutral. ....
salford look to be where widnes were last year...good performance but just couldn't make it over the line....good start to the season for widnes but there are stronger tests on the horizon!

Poor crowd as well! Cant really blame Thursday night as salford got over 1k more last week and they are only a couple of hundred down from their opening home game!

When oh when will the locals get behind their local team??

#85 chuffer

chuffer
  • Coach
  • 3,726 posts

Posted 07 March 2014 - 12:18 AM

salford look to be where widnes were last year...good performance but just couldn't make it over the line....good start to the season for widnes but there are stronger tests on the horizon!

Poor crowd as well! Cant really blame Thursday night as salford got over 1k more last week and they are only a couple of hundred down from their opening home game!

lol.....bang on cue

#86 Wolford6

Wolford6
  • Coach
  • 10,650 posts

Posted 07 March 2014 - 12:21 AM

From watching two matches on the telly, it seems to me that Salford need a proper loose forward.

I'd play Puletua there, because he's done it before and he's not cutting it at prop.

Under Scrutiny by the Right-On Thought Police

#87 yipyee

yipyee
  • Coach
  • 1,351 posts

Posted 07 March 2014 - 12:28 AM

I didn't expect to enjoy that, but I did. Some good rugby in there, Johnson, Mellors, Hanbury, Brown, Hansen, Joseph, Fages etc.

All that pre-season rot about Salford has done them no favours, but they'll be ok. They were bound to sign a few duds Mullaney, Howarth and of course Meli.

WIdnes outside shout for top 8.

howarth already played for them.....they didnt sign him....

#88 Wellsy4HullFC

Wellsy4HullFC
  • Coach
  • 10,030 posts

Posted 07 March 2014 - 12:39 AM

Let's keep a little perspective here...

Hull FC 2009 - Started season with 5 wins on the bounce. Finished 12th.
Posted Image

#89 chrisl1

chrisl1
  • Coach
  • 588 posts

Posted 07 March 2014 - 01:17 AM

Let's keep a little perspective here...

Hull FC 2009 - Started season with 5 wins on the bounce. Finished 12th.

Don't think I've seen any posts on this topic lacking perspective.  Not even a little.

#90 welshmagpie

welshmagpie
  • Coach
  • 434 posts

Posted 07 March 2014 - 01:43 AM

Are you sure it wasn't proof that jeopardy isn't working?

I'm sure

Edited by welshmagpie, 07 March 2014 - 01:44 AM.

#91 Maximus Decimus

Maximus Decimus
  • Coach
  • 7,712 posts

Posted 07 March 2014 - 06:42 AM

This is just trolling now.

Wakefield play Bradford in front of half their last gate but you don't feel thd need to mention the crowd. Widnes win games in front of expected crowd levels and all you mention is the crowd.

Salford played Saints with many more away fans. Locals wise it was prob 2000 down. Ours local wise was the same despite playing just 6 days ago at home.

#92 The Parksider

The Parksider
  • Coach
  • 17,484 posts

Posted 07 March 2014 - 07:18 AM

Are you sure it wasn't proof that jeopardy isn't working?

Great game but mid-table. Wakey.v.Les Cats Sunday is a four pointer.

#93 DAZROVER1985

DAZROVER1985
  • Coach
  • 322 posts

Posted 07 March 2014 - 07:36 AM

Great game but mid-table. Wakey.v.Les Cats Sunday is a four pointer.

dont expect a big crowd it's capped at 5k

#94 bamfordsbeans

bamfordsbeans
  • Coach
  • 212 posts

Posted 07 March 2014 - 07:47 AM

Good game with some great tries.BBC sport have just managed to show the "worst try" of the game.Do they do it on purpose?

#95 Saint Toppy

Saint Toppy
  • Coach
  • 2,664 posts

Posted 07 March 2014 - 07:59 AM

That was a shocking salford performance. If you dont listen to the drivel from the 2 clown commentators and watch the actual game its clear Salford are miles away from being a good team.

In attack they looked clueless. Smith had another shocker and his pass selection was what you'd expect from a rookie academy player not a seasoned NRL Aussie. Fages tried hard but ran around like a headless chicken, although he wasn't helped by the fact he had no runner options to pass to.

Their defence was even worse. Their markers just stood like statues making little or no effort, and they could have had 13 MP's out there, their defence line was that crooked. Half the team moved up while none of the outside backs did. Evey time Widnes put the ball out wide it caused mayhem.

Widnes could only play what was in front of them and easily dealt with Salford, but having said that I cant see them troubling the top 6 this year.

#96 chuffer

chuffer
  • Coach
  • 3,726 posts

Posted 07 March 2014 - 08:12 AM

Let's keep a little perspective here...Hull FC 2009 - Started season with 5 wins on the bounce. Finished 12th.

don't think anyone's suggesting we will be challenging for the hub cab...if we make top 8 it will be slow and steady progress and that would be great, these things take time....it's just nice to start a season so well for us

#97 littlebigfella

littlebigfella
  • Players
  • 35 posts

Posted 07 March 2014 - 08:27 AM

5,291 there. Not bad for a Thursday night

Salford only had no more than 250 their aswell

#98 7723

• Coach
  • 765 posts

Posted 07 March 2014 - 08:34 AM

I thought Salford looked incredibly unfit. Only Fages and Johnson seemed to have anything about them.

#99 Bomb Jack

Bomb Jack
  • Coach
  • 2,033 posts

Posted 07 March 2014 - 09:30 AM

Salford only had no more than 250 their aswell

I'd say Salford took around 500, roughly the same amount of Hudds fans the week previous.

Widnes - Super League's newest Club, and Cheshire's Original Glamour Club. Watch out Warrington, we're back !

#100 marklaspalmas

marklaspalmas
  • Coach
  • 11,571 posts

Posted 07 March 2014 - 09:30 AM

It was, I think, a good game. If you think Jake Mullaney is a "dud" then I fear you have much to learn or watched a different game. The commentators on Sky kept blaming him for a mistake, from  which Widnes scored. The player concerned was Danny Williams, not Mullaney, who is a fine prospect.

Love it when posters write stuff like "you have much to learn" when they disagree with other posters. :tongue:
 We'll see how he goes.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users