Rugby League World Issue 402

Try our Fantastic 5-Issue Bundle Offer! For just £18, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:
The Play-offs Issue - pictured (out 12 Sept) – Covering the climax of the Super League & Championship seasons
The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final excitement from both sides of the world plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

york sunday

• Please log in to reply
101 replies to this topic

#1 hunsok3

hunsok3
  • Players
  • 82 posts

Posted 05 March 2014 - 01:44 PM

Well its the main home game of the season,the one we all look forward to,got to say I am very confident and happy with the side we have,,hope grimmer is back ,plus both of the coyles,cant wait till sunday,,,CMON YOU HUNS.

#2 poolhawk

poolhawk
  • Players
  • 24 posts

Posted 05 March 2014 - 02:15 PM

Well it is my first road trip of the season for the first home game of the season from Hartlepool and cant wait,

Like you I am very confident and looking at the team, it looks very strong and belive it will take some team to beat us, and cant see any thing other then a win on Sunday.

#3 The King Of Leon

The King Of Leon
  • 4,460 posts

Posted 05 March 2014 - 05:39 PM

Lets hope just for once on a sunday afternoon the weather gods are on our side, the south wales oldham game even got abandoned early last week due to hyperthermia, we need Grimmer back for this our potentially hardest game of the season, wouldnt mind Wilson getting a run alongside Mawny as well, Bricky seemed to be limping a bit at the end last week. Liam Hood also made us far sharper when he came on, roll on Sunday

Posted Image

#4 stewpot01

stewpot01
  • Coach
  • 128 posts

Posted 05 March 2014 - 06:46 PM

Lets hope just for once on a sunday afternoon the weather gods are on our side, the south wales oldham game even got abandoned early last week due to hyperthermia, we need Grimmer back for this our potentially hardest game of the season, wouldnt mind Wilson getting a run alongside Mawny as well, Bricky seemed to be limping a bit at the end last week. Liam Hood also made us far sharper when he came on, roll on Sunday

Weather forecast for Leeds on Sunday is cloudy but dry and mild.

#5 sgt pepper

sgt pepper
  • Coach
  • 694 posts

Posted 05 March 2014 - 07:17 PM

Weather forecast for Leeds on Sunday is cloudy but dry and mild.

forget what the forecast says SLS has it's own unique climate

#6 Lapu Lapu Hun

Lapu Lapu Hun
  • Players
  • 24 posts

Posted 06 March 2014 - 01:04 PM

Who ever believes a weatherman  ? Until the weather settles down then it becomes more difficult to predict results properly although I have no doubts we can remain on top all season.

#7 Gazmeister

Gazmeister
  • Coach
  • 242 posts

Posted 06 March 2014 - 01:45 PM

I honestly think the winning margin will be greater than last week. 

At home we can play expansive rugby on a wide pitch and with it likely to be dry as well we can throw it about a bit. 

York are a very young side and if we bully them, then its likely they will lie down and give up like Wakefield did in the second half.

#8 Woodlesford Hawk

Woodlesford Hawk
  • Coach
  • 160 posts

Posted 06 March 2014 - 04:44 PM

Hope your correct Gazmeister.

I`ll go for a 32-10 Hunslet win though.

oh and frostbite

Whats everybody else`s prediction.

Edited by Woodlesford Hawk, 06 March 2014 - 04:45 PM.

#9 Hunslet2012

Hunslet2012
  • Coach
  • 506 posts

Posted 06 March 2014 - 05:04 PM

30-18 be a hard game they have some good players still

#10 poolhawk

poolhawk
  • Players
  • 24 posts

Posted 06 March 2014 - 05:07 PM

SLS is the only stadium were it can be in it's 70's on the pitch, yet sat in that stand It feels like it is the middle of winter.

I'm going for 32-12 win

#11 The King Of Leon

The King Of Leon
  • 4,460 posts

Posted 06 March 2014 - 11:36 PM

I honestly think the winning margin will be greater than last week. 

At home we can play expansive rugby on a wide pitch and with it likely to be dry as well we can throw it about a bit. 

York are a very young side and if we bully them, then its likely they will lie down and give up like Wakefield did in the second half.

1st time ive ever heard anyone describe our pitch as wide gaz

Posted Image

#12 Gazmeister

Gazmeister
  • Coach
  • 242 posts

Posted 07 March 2014 - 09:57 AM

I think its a good size - as opposed to.....Hemel or even Featherstone, Batley, Dewsbury.

Anyway, arrogant or not, I expect it to be reasonably easy on Sunday - even if Jake Webster plays.

32 - 12 is my choice and just noticed Poolhawk is the same.

#13 maccca-6-

maccca-6-
  • Coach
  • 3,079 posts

Posted 07 March 2014 - 10:11 AM

I think its a good size - as opposed to.....Hemel or even Featherstone, Batley, Dewsbury.

Anyway, arrogant or not, I expect it to be reasonably easy on Sunday - even if Jake Webster plays.

32 - 12 is my choice and just noticed Poolhawk is the same.

You and your car didn't go last week. How do you no how big their pitch is? Are you going sunday or isn't jimmy playing again
hunslet hawks champions 2010

#14 Gazmeister

Gazmeister
  • Coach
  • 242 posts

Posted 07 March 2014 - 12:08 PM

You and your car didn't go last week. How do you no how big their pitch is? Are you going sunday or isn't jimmy playing again

How do you know I didn't go?  How do you know I wasn't on the bus?  How do you know I haven't been before? Also I'm not Barry Eaton so don't know if Jimmy is playing or not.

It shows where this forum has come to when people like you 'get off' on putting silly comments like that on here. 

#15 maccca-6-

maccca-6-
  • Coach
  • 3,079 posts

Posted 07 March 2014 - 12:14 PM

How do you know I didn't go? How do you know I wasn't on the bus? How do you know I haven't been before? Also I'm not Barry Eaton so don't know if Jimmy is playing or not.

It shows where this forum has come to when people like you 'get off' on putting silly comments like that on here.

Hahaha priceless... you had 2 seats last week then on friday after team selection You had 5 spare seats in your car. don't have to be a genius to work that 1 out.....oh and bus was full before you dropped out

#16 Gazmeister

Gazmeister
  • Coach
  • 242 posts

Posted 07 March 2014 - 12:18 PM

Haha - I do it purely for your viewing pleasure

#17 maccca-6-

maccca-6-
  • Coach
  • 3,079 posts

Posted 07 March 2014 - 12:21 PM

Haha - I do it purely for your viewing pleasure

Gees thanks haha

#18 Gazmeister

Gazmeister
  • Coach
  • 242 posts

Posted 07 March 2014 - 12:21 PM

You can buy me a beer on Sunday, in fact I will buy you one - Come over and introduce yourself ;)

#19 maccca-6-

maccca-6-
  • Coach
  • 3,079 posts

Posted 07 March 2014 - 12:52 PM

You can buy me a beer on Sunday, in fact I will buy you one - Come over and introduce yourself ;)

I might pop in the bar for a couple of pints and a bag of scratchings

#20 graham fisher

graham fisher
  • Coach
  • 446 posts

Posted 07 March 2014 - 03:31 PM

Here we go hawks fans getting carried away already,money you've invested in the squad you should go alright this season,but if all else fails you can always turn to duel reg & borrow some rhinos maybe abuse it like last year! And since when have you had a wide pitch? Unless you've had it widened in the off season,come on York!!!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users