Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 400 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, 38 years of history from Open Rugby to the present day.
Click here for the digital edition to read online via smartphone, tablet and desktop devices including iPhone, iPad, Android & Kindle HD.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 400
/ View a Gallery of all 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 400
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

york sunday

• Please log in to reply
101 replies to this topic

#101 The King Of Leon

The King Of Leon
  • 4,442 posts

Posted 10 March 2014 - 08:20 PM

I think everyone , myself included underestimated York, after a few years of playing them and having to deal with class kickers like Chris Thorman and Simon Brown i saw the half backs an ex sheffield hooker Pat Smith and Presley who for every good game has 3 ordinary ones and thought it would be a cakewalk.I think the team also thought that and let York take the game to them, from the 1st min we looked lethargic and it wasnt surpriseing when from a lousy bounce of a kick York went in front.After that 2 more tries came on the back of kicks that we failed to deal with and when Webster bust us and set up a 4th try we were looking down the barrel of a gun.Like last week at Hemel the introduction of Liam Hood sparked the team  and the 2 quick tries near half time gave us a lifeline but really we were lucky to be only 18-8 down. The 2nd half was a big improvement and was played mainly in Yorks half but incredibly we gifted them a try when we won possesion and dropped the ball from a scrum to gift them 6 points and virtually game over.To be honest only Hood,y  and Wilson looked threatening, Haley made good yards at times but the rest of the pack never broke a tackle between them, even Grimmer looked lost alongside Coyle who at times sends a telegraph before he passes and that needs addressing.Weve a big enough squad now and the likes of Tebb, Canterbury, Davies, Clarke and definatly Watson need a shot next week.Finally the crowd looked at least 800 id have thought.

Posted Image

#102 james cunny

james cunny

maximus aurelius

• Coach
  • 5,279 posts

Posted 10 March 2014 - 09:14 PM

I didn't underestimate them said before it would be a tough game neither did Macca and Co said it before and I will say it again take each game as it comes
Hunslet Hawks Champions 2010

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users