Rugby League World - Grand Finals Issue

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD - THE GRAND FINALS ISSUE - OUT 17 OCT OR DOWNLOAD IT NOW!
Try our Fantastic 4-Issue Bundle Offer:
For just £14, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:

The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final drama from both hemispheres plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

york sunday

• Please log in to reply
101 replies to this topic

#101 The King Of Leon

The King Of Leon
  • 4,495 posts

Posted 10 March 2014 - 08:20 PM

I think everyone , myself included underestimated York, after a few years of playing them and having to deal with class kickers like Chris Thorman and Simon Brown i saw the half backs an ex sheffield hooker Pat Smith and Presley who for every good game has 3 ordinary ones and thought it would be a cakewalk.I think the team also thought that and let York take the game to them, from the 1st min we looked lethargic and it wasnt surpriseing when from a lousy bounce of a kick York went in front.After that 2 more tries came on the back of kicks that we failed to deal with and when Webster bust us and set up a 4th try we were looking down the barrel of a gun.Like last week at Hemel the introduction of Liam Hood sparked the team  and the 2 quick tries near half time gave us a lifeline but really we were lucky to be only 18-8 down. The 2nd half was a big improvement and was played mainly in Yorks half but incredibly we gifted them a try when we won possesion and dropped the ball from a scrum to gift them 6 points and virtually game over.To be honest only Hood,y  and Wilson looked threatening, Haley made good yards at times but the rest of the pack never broke a tackle between them, even Grimmer looked lost alongside Coyle who at times sends a telegraph before he passes and that needs addressing.Weve a big enough squad now and the likes of Tebb, Canterbury, Davies, Clarke and definatly Watson need a shot next week.Finally the crowd looked at least 800 id have thought.

Posted Image

#102 james cunny

james cunny

maximus aurelius

• Coach
  • 5,287 posts

Posted 10 March 2014 - 09:14 PM

I didn't underestimate them said before it would be a tough game neither did Macca and Co said it before and I will say it again take each game as it comes
Hunslet Hawks Champions 2010