Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 400 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, 38 years of history from Open Rugby to the present day.
Click here for the digital edition to read online via smartphone, tablet and desktop devices including iPhone, iPad, Android & Kindle HD.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 400
/ View a Gallery of all 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 400
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Swinton away

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 clwydianrange

clwydianrange
  • Coach
  • 118 posts

Posted 05 March 2014 - 07:14 PM

This really is a must win for both teams. Its going to be tight and with a few absentees returning I think we'll nick it 24 - 18.

#2 rossco123

rossco123
  • Players
  • 32 posts

Posted 05 March 2014 - 09:03 PM

If we don't Nick this one it will be slightly worrying, we were the better team last year only Kevin penny pulled them out of a hole, 28-18 to the crusaders. I hope it's a better ref than last year

#3 dogthebountyhunter

dogthebountyhunter
  • Coach
  • 436 posts

Posted 05 March 2014 - 09:32 PM

Swinton are a decent side in fairness, but we are better. These are the teams we should be beating if we are to stay up.

Imagine if in 1895 they had internet forums.............rugby league would not exist!

#4 class of 63

class of 63
  • Coach
  • 235 posts

Posted 06 March 2014 - 12:23 PM

Swinton are a decent side in fairness, but we are better. These are the teams we should be beating if we are to stay up.

Absolute fair comment there and I am sure that would be echoed by us Swinton supporters about our team - looking forward to the game - know you guys will bring a good following

#5 RIGGY

RIGGY
  • Coach
  • 1,761 posts

Posted 06 March 2014 - 01:07 PM

Don't forget to buy our match day programme produced by Swinton Lions Supporters Trust priced at £ 2.50  and help the money keep the club alive.

Riggy

#6 Celtic Rooster

Celtic Rooster
  • Coach
  • 1,641 posts

Posted 06 March 2014 - 05:38 PM

Hello Ian. Will the programmes be on sale outside the ground mate. I noticed you sold out at the first home game, and as a collector there is nothing worse than going to a game and not getting a programme.

Edited by Celtic Rooster, 06 March 2014 - 05:38 PM.

#7 gogledd

gogledd
  • Coach
  • 614 posts

Posted 06 March 2014 - 09:05 PM

Looking forward to this game; it should be a full-blown tackle fest. Clive will have had tem working on the mistakes from last week and I'm sure Swinton will be chomping at the bit for a win.

On a slightly different note does anyone have a contact at Leigh East?  There are 3 of us cycling there and a shower and somewhere to change would be appreciated.

#8 RIGGY

RIGGY
  • Coach
  • 1,761 posts

Posted 07 March 2014 - 08:41 AM

Hi Kenny

They only sell inside the ground normally.  If you want i will save you one and you can come and get it from me at the pressbox ?.   Let me know if you want to do that.

Riggy

#9 Celtic Rooster

Celtic Rooster
  • Coach
  • 1,641 posts

Posted 07 March 2014 - 02:06 PM

Thanks Ian but I have sorted something out now mate. Mark, the number for Leigh East club house is 01942 510308 or call the chairman - Jim Hoffman on 07806 637092. Or information@leigheast.org.uk

#10 dogthebountyhunter

dogthebountyhunter
  • Coach
  • 436 posts

Posted 07 March 2014 - 08:59 PM

Absolute fair comment there and I am sure that would be echoed by us Swinton supporters about our team - looking forward to the game - know you guys will bring a good following

My former home town club v My Club... both have fantastic supporters!!! I can't make it, but should be at the return at the Racecourse.

Imagine if in 1895 they had internet forums.............rugby league would not exist!

#11 Converted

Converted
  • Players
  • 5 posts

Posted 09 March 2014 - 08:48 PM

Really tough game but we did it.

Good to see Johno at the end of the game!

#12 gogledd

gogledd
  • Coach
  • 614 posts

Posted 09 March 2014 - 09:40 PM

I think Swinton earned their bonus point. They could have easily let their heads drop but didn't give up and made it a close contest. In the end it was a win away from home and lets hope it a start to some good form.  There were time when we lacked structure and needed to consolidate. Fortunately we saw out the contest but I feel we need to gel as a team  - this will get better as the season progresses.

#13 AlwaysCru

AlwaysCru
  • Players
  • 50 posts

Posted 09 March 2014 - 10:21 PM

I agree Gogledd. But the good news is we're creating opportunities. I can count at least six tries we bombed, Reardon's two with a foot in touch, Wild failing to ground the ball when he looked to have all the time in the world, Johnson's break that ended in touch, Dallimore failing to pass with a three man overlap 5 yards out and Ashall going for the line when a simple pop outside would have seen a walk in. There were probably more.

When we click and execute what we're playing I think we could claim the scalp of a top four team no bother.

#14 marshy1

marshy1
  • Coach
  • 1,602 posts

Posted 10 March 2014 - 12:40 AM

Well done to the Crusaders, no complaints from me a good game with both sides contributing.
Good luck with the rest of your games.

#15 Ratboy

Ratboy
  • Players
  • 35 posts

Posted 10 March 2014 - 08:10 AM

How are the Widnes dual lads playing?

#16 TommyCru

TommyCru
  • Players
  • 16 posts

Posted 10 March 2014 - 08:57 PM

Well done the Cru! No easy games away from home. 3 points were the most important thing after last weeks result.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users