Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 401 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, full colour, in-depth coverage from the grassroots through to the international game.
Click here for the digital edition or just download the Rugby League World app from Apple Newsstand or Google Play now.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 401
/ View a Gallery of all our previous 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 401
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Dale Promotion

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 PooingDog

PooingDog
  • Coach
  • 983 posts

Posted 07 March 2014 - 12:18 PM

For those of us who quite like a bit of football every now and then there's a promo' being run for the Dale v Accrington game and the Hornets v All Golds.

http://www.hornetsru...s/Article/33247

If you don't like soccer then you've lost nothing so don't moan. Que the moaning.

You can stand in the Sandy for £15 and if your legs can't take it you can sit in the main stand for £20 which is good value for a main stand ticket at this level. I've been to a Dale v Accrington game in the past and and it was a lively hard fought battle, well worth the money.

If you've got an Hornets season ticket and can get half price tickets for the All Golds game anyway go and watch the Dale regardless and pass the voucher onto some one who other wise wouldn't come to an Hornets game.

Edited by PooingDog, 07 March 2014 - 12:51 PM.

Memento mori

Who cares -Wins!!!

Carpe Cerevisi

AKA. Winston Smith

Give 'em a fair trial..........and then hang 'em"

#2 Anita Bath

Anita Bath
  • Coach
  • 501 posts

Posted 07 March 2014 - 02:20 PM

Those prices are the regular prices for Dale's games - no saving at all.   The only saving is for the Hornets game, because its a hard sell 1st round (OK I know the RL like to cal it the 5th roiund or something but no one is fooled) Cup game.   No problem with that of course - hope it increases the attendence - but Dale is Dale - do nothing to increase their attendence.

#3 PooingDog

PooingDog
  • Coach
  • 983 posts

Posted 07 March 2014 - 02:46 PM

It's true that the Dale aren't really giving anything away but for those who like to watch the Dale every now and then it is a l little incentive. I do usually go and watch two or three times a year over the Christmas period but not when the rugby is on. For those that don't then they aren't really missing out.

I'll be in the main stand for the Accrington game and will pass the voucher for the All Golds game onto someone who probably wouldn't be going otherwise. Even if only 10 or so Dale supporters take advantage it's better than none. They might even enjoy it.

I've often thought it'd be good if all Dale season ticket holders could get discounted tickets to Hornet games when the football season ends and vice versa, it makes sense to me.

Edited by PooingDog, 07 March 2014 - 02:48 PM.

Memento mori

Who cares -Wins!!!

Carpe Cerevisi

AKA. Winston Smith

Give 'em a fair trial..........and then hang 'em"

#4 Tyrone Shoelaces

Tyrone Shoelaces
  • Coach
  • 174 posts

Posted 07 March 2014 - 07:57 PM

I used to go to the football club on Saturday and Hornets on Sunday. Happy memories of slapping Reg Jenkins on the back when the football club won promotion at the end of the Sixties, since then their attitude re ground sharing has turned me off completely. Sorry but they won't get another penny from me unless their attitude changes.

#5 StarfireHypervixen

StarfireHypervixen
  • Coach
  • 108 posts

Posted 08 March 2014 - 07:42 AM

Any attempt by either party, to start building a working relationship between the two tennants of The Denehurst Park Stadium Company, should be encouraged, and supported.

Until you play nicely with each other the venue will be in danger of disappearing.
Living life in such a way, that when my feet hit the floor in the morning, Satan says "Oh *@$^! She's awake!"

#6 DiddyDave

DiddyDave
  • Coach
  • 214 posts

Posted 12 March 2014 - 09:23 AM

Bloody hell Cameron,that`s what some of the Dale fans say about the "egg chasers",and why they won`t be seen dead at a Hornets` game. I know where you`re coming from,but if everybody forgot about all their "They did this and they did that",a lot more local people would follow both codes. I know I would,finances permitting,were I still living in Rochdale because none of us want to see the demise of either code and it will happen if things keep going as they are,maybe not now,but eventually. I think it`s pathetic,but that`s people for you,no wonder there`s still wars!!

#7 Tyrone Shoelaces

Tyrone Shoelaces
  • Coach
  • 174 posts

Posted 13 March 2014 - 10:52 PM

Bloody hell Cameron,that`s what some of the Dale fans say about the "egg chasers",and why they won`t be seen dead at a Hornets` game. I know where you`re coming from,but if everybody forgot about all their "They did this and they did that",a lot more local people would follow both codes. I know I would,finances permitting,were I still living in Rochdale because none of us want to see the demise of either code and it will happen if things keep going as they are,maybe not now,but eventually. I think it`s pathetic,but that`s people for you,no wonder there`s still wars!!

This site is about opinions matey, that's my opinion. Other people can do as they choose.

#8 DiddyDave

DiddyDave
  • Coach
  • 214 posts

Posted 14 March 2014 - 02:13 AM

Nothing wrong with your opinion,I just can`t see the point in keeping the vitriol going over the years. It`s self defeating mate,but there you go. How you going anyway,have you been trying to email me?

#9 Tyrone Shoelaces

Tyrone Shoelaces
  • Coach
  • 174 posts

Posted 16 March 2014 - 08:48 PM

Nothing wrong with your opinion,I just can`t see the point in keeping the vitriol going over the years. It`s self defeating mate,but there you go. How you going anyway,have you been trying to email me?

Not recently Dave.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users