Johno whats his name

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#1 LOWFIELD

LOWFIELD
  • Featherstone Rovers Forum
  • 3,859 posts

Posted 08 March 2014 - 12:08 PM

The silence seems to be deafening on this mans finger gesture to the Fev fans Sun. Its ok Crusaders fans and officials going on about bad language family game etc. Then saying nothing about 1 of there players finger gesture which was aimed at the whole crowd familys included. Unbelievable 

#2 dydo

dydo
  • Coach
  • 732 posts

Posted 08 March 2014 - 02:10 PM

Sounds about right that mate , one rule for us an one for every one else !

#3 LOWFIELD

LOWFIELD
  • 3,859 posts

Posted 08 March 2014 - 02:41 PM

People will say let it drop mate, but they havent i know a Rovers official had to go to red Hall this week over our behaviour, yet a blind eye seems to be turned over 1 of there players

#4 elppaxr2i

elppaxr2i
  • Coach
  • 1,944 posts

Posted 08 March 2014 - 02:47 PM

Jono smith

#5 LOWFIELD

LOWFIELD
  • 3,859 posts

Posted 08 March 2014 - 02:53 PM

Fev fans swear and all hell breaks lose, reported to the RFL the lot. Player swears at Fev fans and nothing just silence. Some folk got some brass neck

#6 dydo

dydo
  • Coach
  • 732 posts

Posted 08 March 2014 - 04:10 PM

Like i said mate , when it happens any where else a blind eye is turned , soon as anything negative from fev happens , its a massive issue .

#7 Deano44

Deano44
  • Coach
  • 368 posts

Posted 08 March 2014 - 05:41 PM

is that the little fat round thing that looks like Jocky Wilson the darts player ?

#8 gazza77

gazza77
  • Coach
  • 2,233 posts

Posted 08 March 2014 - 05:48 PM

Like i said mate , when it happens any where else a blind eye is turned , soon as anything negative from fev happens , its a massive issue .

That's just paranoia.

Crusaders had formal complaints from a number of fans at the game regarding the language of a small minority of the crowd, and have rightly acted. Fev have also made a formal statement on the club website, and I personally feel that should be the end of it, time to move on. If people want to make an issue of the behaviour of a Crusaders player, then they should make a formal complaint. You'll never stop occasional bad language at games, but some of the chanting was uncalled for, especially after an announcement had already been made asking people to refrain. Lowfield is quite right, if Jono Smith did gesture at the crowd (I didn't see it) then that is unacceptable, and he should raise the issue with both clubs and the RFL. 

As has been stated on another thread, Crusaders are now undertaking a full review of their stewarding and other game day arrangements, and rightly so. People should not be put off attending games at any club or any level due to the behaviour of other attendees. 

Please view my photos.

http://www.hughesphoto.co.uk/

Little Nook Farm - Caravan Club Certificated Location in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

http://www.facebook.com/LittleNookFarm

#9 elppaxr2i

elppaxr2i
  • Coach
  • 1,944 posts

Posted 08 March 2014 - 05:52 PM

If we hadnt hace chanted "you fat b......." To him from minute 1 he took to the field and everytime had the ball would he have reacted in the way he did? Probably not

Did we antagonise him? Did we as supporters start it? Probably

Do we move on? Absolutely

Edited by elppaxr2i, 08 March 2014 - 05:54 PM.

#10 jamescolin

jamescolin
  • Coach
  • 3,260 posts

Posted 08 March 2014 - 06:50 PM

It follows. No insulring chanting no gesture. If you can't hold your liquor don't take it. Cause and effect. Simple.

#11 dydo

dydo
  • Coach
  • 732 posts

Posted 08 March 2014 - 07:04 PM

I didnt attend , but youre more or less saying its ok for the gesture due to chanting , if the provocation was toward fev you would say we should ignore it and be the bigger man no doubt ,anyway firstly gaz77 i am not paranoid and secondly its time this was put to bed

Edited by dydo, 08 March 2014 - 07:10 PM.

#12 paff

paff
  • Players
  • 30 posts

Posted 08 March 2014 - 07:17 PM

im with you dydo nearly a week later and still going on about it its time to move on 

#13 LOWFIELD

LOWFIELD
  • 3,859 posts

Posted 08 March 2014 - 07:22 PM

im with you dydo nearly a week later and still going on about it its time to move on 

Be great to put it to bed but as there is an investigation on going thats impossible for the min, just hope the investigation includes there players actions as well, some how i doubt it will

#14 dydo

dydo
  • Coach
  • 732 posts

Posted 08 March 2014 - 07:39 PM

Just on about our own fans on here alienating our own name mate .

#15 LOWFIELD

LOWFIELD
  • 3,859 posts

Posted 08 March 2014 - 07:47 PM

Bet sunday was nothing compared to some Wrexham home games at football

#16 paff

paff
  • Players
  • 30 posts

Posted 08 March 2014 - 08:11 PM

Be great to put it to bed but as there is an investigation on going thats impossible for the min, just hope the investigation includes there players actions as well, some how i doubt it will

you may be right but let the suits and ties sort that while we get behind the lads and the club and rise above it and get where we belong starting by a good win against rochdale  

#17 paff

paff
  • Players
  • 30 posts

Posted 08 March 2014 - 08:27 PM

its even worse when its on match day and because were not fifty points in front were sh**e 

#18 dydo

dydo
  • Coach
  • 732 posts

Posted 08 March 2014 - 08:35 PM

Ha yeh your right there paff , makes you wonder if there cas fans in disguise trying to upset the fev revolution half the time ha ha

#19 Phil Loxton

Phil Loxton
  • Coach
  • 1,631 posts

Posted 08 March 2014 - 09:21 PM

Players are easy targets on the field; I don't suppose any of our fans would have called him a fat B...... to his face;

#20 dydo

dydo
  • Coach
  • 732 posts

Posted 08 March 2014 - 09:47 PM

I think i would have if id have been playing again him in my younger days but thats a thing only people that have played know what the crack is in rugby, and how respect on the field at the end works out after youve had your verbal an physical battles , then at the end there the first to come up to you shake your hand an have a laugh about it ,as for why wouldnt any of our fans call it to his face , why ? You think it would be ok for him to do anything about it physically ?

Edited by dydo, 08 March 2014 - 10:07 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users