Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 400 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, 38 years of history from Open Rugby to the present day.
Click here for the digital edition to read online via smartphone, tablet and desktop devices including iPhone, iPad, Android & Kindle HD.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 400
/ View a Gallery of all 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 400
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Barrow v Town

• Please log in to reply
31 replies to this topic

#21 havenhater

havenhater
  • Coach
  • 834 posts

Posted 09 March 2014 - 08:12 PM

Buzzing town got the win it really could have went either way, when town got a large number of repeat sets on your line I was ranting for town for not completing it but credit for you guys stopping us from scoring!
I've never seen Harrison be handled in any game I've seen him play like we did, but tierney was the best player on that field by a country mile, I just hope wigan don't recall him because he is class!!

2 good teams and 34 men who deserve to be I super league 2 with displays like that!!

And a special shout out to the barrow fans afterwards shaking hands and taking that killer of a defeat on the chins to wish the Town the best for the season!!

It was the same with batley for us at home last kick of the game they scored for the win!! Well try in there terms but does make ya feel sick!!

#22 Michael Ashton

Michael Ashton
  • Coach
  • 5,509 posts

Posted 09 March 2014 - 08:22 PM

Sorry if it sounded like sour grapes Wonky. It wasn't intended to. I know that a penalty should be given for a rip out. It just seems such a pity that the result of a game like that should be decided by a last minute penalty. Anyway good luck to Town for the rest of the season except when we come to DP.

Posted Image

#23 richie keay

richie keay

Tipping Comp Winner

• Coach
  • 1,281 posts

Posted 09 March 2014 - 08:35 PM

Over the 80 mins we didn't deserve to win this game, a draw would have been a fair result IMO, but we panicked too much in the last 5 mins when the game was locked at 6 all, and blew it with a silly penalty right at the death.We had plenty of chances to take a one pointer and the wrong option was taken. It hasn't been mentioned yet on here but from where I was sat there was a blatant forward pass which resulted in Shaw's try. It could of course have been the angle where I was at in the ground but it did look forward.

The positives I would take from this game were defensively we were brilliant keeping them out for 4 consecutive sets of 6 took some effort. As has been mentioned Bullock stood out for me along with Dawson again, but the whole pack worked tirelessly the whole game. This young side will get better as the season goes on, I just hope we can get it right before it's not too late.

Posted Image

#24 wonky

wonky
  • Coach
  • 4,215 posts

Posted 09 March 2014 - 08:36 PM

Sorry if it sounded like sour grapes Wonky. It wasn't intended to. I know that a penalty should be given for a rip out. It just seems such a pity that the result of a game like that should be decided by a last minute penalty. Anyway good luck to Town for the rest of the season except when we come to DP.

its ok mate, I didn't mean you for the sour grapes, just the penalty quote.Other than raiders96 we usually all have good humoured banter. We're all in for a tough season and I think anyone being honest will agree there's probably only going to be 1 Cumbrian team survive if any at all. Who that will be only time will tell. Good luck and hope were both up in super league 2 next year.
the futures bright,the futures blue and white

#25 raiders96

raiders96
  • Coach
  • 377 posts

Posted 09 March 2014 - 09:04 PM

its ok mate, I didn't mean you for the sour grapes, just the penalty quote.Other than raiders96 we usually all have good humoured banter. We're all in for a tough season and I think anyone being honest will agree there's probably only going to be 1 Cumbrian team survive if any at all. Who that will be only time will tell. Good luck and hope were both up in super league 2 next year.

Hahahaha think I touched a nerve oops! Did you even go to the game today?

#26 dee46

dee46
  • Players
  • 58 posts

Posted 09 March 2014 - 09:48 PM

I don't think Harrison had his best game today he was run over for the first try and lost the ball 3 or 4 times though it was a good game thought bullock was outstanding again

#27 steve75

steve75
  • 1,868 posts

Posted 09 March 2014 - 09:53 PM

Haven and proud don't make my laugh
4 away there today, what an embarrassment
1500 true Cumbrian rugby fans at today's derby
quote name="havenandproud" post="2895921" timestamp="1394387418"]

by the sounds of it on the radio jambos were very lucky to get any points let alone all 3 think they,ll be found out against stiffer opposition.[/quote]

I think all 3 Cumbrian teams will struggle against the better teams in our league!

Edited by steve75, 09 March 2014 - 09:54 PM.

Posted Image

#28 Hate the rec

Hate the rec
  • Workington
  • 823 posts

Posted 09 March 2014 - 10:15 PM

I think all 3 Cumbrian teams will struggle against the better teams in our league!

Now now steve75 you will have shavenandproud on next, they have just beaten the Rams remember !!

Its a long season pal with a lot of twists and turns still to come, hopefully WE will all do well come the end of the season.

#29 steve75

steve75
  • 1,868 posts

Posted 09 March 2014 - 11:50 PM

Now now steve75 you will have shavenandproud on next, they have just beaten the Rams remember !!

Its a long season pal with a lot of twists and turns still to come, hopefully WE will all do well come the end of the season.

I hope they all stay up! For once though it is my head ruling my heart!

Posted Image

#30 ameliasdaddy

ameliasdaddy
  • Workington
  • 131 posts

Posted 10 March 2014 - 07:18 AM

It wasn't the referee that gave it - it was the touch judge on the popular side, the referee appeared to be allowing play on!

Why was it then the referree and 24 players appeared to stand still, the only town player who gave chase after the rip out was Marc Shackley.

Mind you I did have my head in my hands for a few seconds lol so my memory may be impaired.

#31 Michael Ashton

Michael Ashton
  • Coach
  • 5,509 posts

Posted 10 March 2014 - 10:08 AM

Spot on Ritchie. On the subject of our try Vievers said on interview on RC that it was 3 metres forward. Couldn't be that much if it was forward. It's all history now anyway.

Posted Image

#32 OttO

OttO
  • Coach
  • 1,931 posts

Posted 10 March 2014 - 10:56 AM

Spot on Ritchie. On the subject of our try Vievers said on interview on RC that it was 3 metres forward. Couldn't be that much if it was forward. It's all history now anyway.

It was a blatant forward pass that  resulted in the Barrow try, but like you said it's history now anyway.

"i hate workington town fans with a passion they are the biggest cry babies in rl and boy do they get jealous easy"- Choccy 2012

"if it wernt for me they would have nowt at all to talk about" - Choccy 2012

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users