Rugby League World - Grand Finals Issue

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD - THE GRAND FINALS ISSUE - OUT 17 OCT OR DOWNLOAD IT NOW!
Try our Fantastic 4-Issue Bundle Offer:
For just £14, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:

The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final drama from both hemispheres plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

yeessss

• Please log in to reply
58 replies to this topic

#1 town4me

town4me
  • Workington
  • 2,015 posts

Posted 09 March 2014 - 04:45 PM

Kayle connnnooorrrrrr !!!!!!!! Get over woo hoo

#2 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 6,167 posts

Posted 09 March 2014 - 04:47 PM

My god don't do that to us . Change of coach change of luck !!

#3 Derwent

Derwent
  • Coach
  • 7,996 posts

Posted 09 March 2014 - 04:52 PM

A great win today, any away win is going to be absolutely priceless this season, a huge well done to the lads

Workington Town. Then. Now. Always.

#4 town4me

town4me
  • Workington
  • 2,015 posts

Posted 09 March 2014 - 04:53 PM

Great match. Very tense. Well done the lads! Very good 3 points away to a team with their tails up

#5 Coachman

Coachman
  • Banned
  • 66 posts

Posted 09 March 2014 - 05:01 PM

A great win. I don't think barrow will lose too many at home, so well done to everyone.

#6 Haven14

Haven14
  • Whitehaven
  • 38 posts

Posted 09 March 2014 - 05:22 PM

It's all perception but I think it's just two relegation teams scraping it out....all a bit pointless really as both Barrow and town will be in the bottom five.

#7 Keith T

Keith T
  • Coach
  • 8,913 posts

Posted 09 March 2014 - 05:23 PM

A great result from Town and it sounded like our defence was awesome.    One or two silly penalties in the last few minutes didn't do my health much good though and I think our coach thought the same from his comments.    

It was day of close results today with only Rochdale at Fev not getting a point.    Haven had a good win at the Rams and our next league opponents Keighley pushed Leigh all the way.   There is a lot of good games to come throughout this season that's for sure.

I remember when .............................

"It is impossible not to feel a twinge of sympathy for Workington Town, the fall guys this season for the Super League's determination to retain it's European dimension, in the shape of Paris. While the French have had every assistance to survive, the importance of having a flagship in a heartland area like West Cumbria has been conveniently forgotten." - Dave Hadfield - Independent 25th August 1996.

#8 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 6,167 posts

Posted 09 March 2014 - 05:24 PM

What did he say Keith ?

#9 The Voodooguru

The Voodooguru
  • Coach
  • 1,081 posts

Posted 09 March 2014 - 05:25 PM

As the king used to say "Viva Phil Vievers". .......
The race is not always to the swift nor the battle to the strong, but thats the way to bet!

#10 Keith T

Keith T
  • Coach
  • 8,913 posts

Posted 09 March 2014 - 05:26 PM

What did he say Keith ?

He said we did some dumb things late on.   He was pleased with our goal line defence but said we had enough possession in the game to have won ten games!!!!

I remember when .............................

"It is impossible not to feel a twinge of sympathy for Workington Town, the fall guys this season for the Super League's determination to retain it's European dimension, in the shape of Paris. While the French have had every assistance to survive, the importance of having a flagship in a heartland area like West Cumbria has been conveniently forgotten." - Dave Hadfield - Independent 25th August 1996.

#11 raiders96

raiders96
  • Coach
  • 379 posts

Posted 09 March 2014 - 05:27 PM

It's all perception but I think it's just two relegation teams scraping it out....all a bit pointless really as both Barrow and town will be in the bottom five.

forgot you can see into the future

#12 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 6,167 posts

Posted 09 March 2014 - 05:31 PM

Yes so it sounded . We're getting our defence sorted but now we need him to get our attack oiled and working more fluently so scoring points isn't such hard work for us and we get rewards for our territory . Sure he will . Good to look for improvements after a fine win . Three points and onwards we go with plenty left in the tank to try and bring out as the coach gets to work . It seemed like an age for Kayle to kick that goal ....!!! Phew . No notes on how you do it in the league table !

Edited by DavidM, 09 March 2014 - 05:34 PM.

#13 JC3

JC3
  • Coach
  • 126 posts

Posted 09 March 2014 - 05:32 PM

Even game with both defences on top

A penalty being the difference shows that

Think it could have gone either way tbh

#14 Haven14

Haven14
  • Whitehaven
  • 38 posts

Posted 09 March 2014 - 05:38 PM

Not really..Town have had a very easy start playing Donny , Swinton at home and Barrow away".a total gift and 7 points is a decent return. Barrow lack quality and have no chance this year of surviving. Team spirit is superb but is it only gets you so far as demonstrated today against a poor town side.

Town will,run into a lot of tougher games and I just don't see where their improvement on last year is going to come from. With their current personel. The loanees will help but like everyone else before them they will eventually find loanees are divisive...Carter is far from happy already being stuck on the wing for example.

#15 Monkeydo

Monkeydo
  • Coach
  • 483 posts

Posted 09 March 2014 - 05:38 PM

forgot you can see into the future

Dont bite for gods sake, the bell end will keep posting ;)

#16 town4me

town4me
  • Workington
  • 2,015 posts

Posted 09 March 2014 - 05:39 PM

What did he say Keith ?

he said something that I have felt genrally is the case this season in that we were very good in defence but there is lots of work to do on when we have the ball in hand. Good interview that suggests to me there will be new additions

#17 JC3

JC3
  • Coach
  • 126 posts

Posted 09 March 2014 - 05:48 PM

Not really..Town have had a very easy start playing Donny , Swinton at home and Barrow away".a total gift and 7 points is a decent return. Barrow lack quality and have no chance this year of surviving. Team spirit is superb but is it only gets you so far as demonstrated today against a poor town side.

Town will,run into a lot of tougher games and I just don't see where their improvement on last year is going to come from. With their current personel. The loanees will help but like everyone else before them they will eventually find loanees are divisive...Carter is far from happy already being stuck on the wing for example.

We've got just as good a chance of staying up as Haven this year

I'm starting to see what Town fans mean now when they say how bitter and deluded you are

#18 gillmeister

gillmeister
  • Coach
  • 1,197 posts

Posted 09 March 2014 - 05:53 PM

We've got just as good a chance of staying up as Haven this year

I'm starting to see what Town fans mean now when they say how bitter and deluded you are

I think there's going to be so many twists and turns this year that anyone making predictions is a brave person. Swinton and Rochdale are now In a vulnerable position the rest is to play for and it'll change week by week
Forget Chuck and Chad I am the real legend killer

#19 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 6,167 posts

Posted 09 March 2014 - 05:55 PM

Yeh and the 'old' top 5 of Fev , Leigh , Fax , Batley and Sheffield could easily be infiltrated . It's fascinating . It's cutthroat from February ! No telly ... Can't get my head round that still . Shame

#20 wonky

wonky
  • Coach
  • 4,620 posts

Posted 09 March 2014 - 05:57 PM

its only a week ago since you got a good old spanking. Town done the double over the rams last year so it's not as if you've went away and beat fev.
the futures bright,the futures blue and white