yeessss

• Please log in to reply
58 replies to this topic

#21 Keith T

Keith T
  • Coach
  • 8,979 posts

Posted 09 March 2014 - 06:05 PM

its only a week ago since you got a good old spanking. Town done the double over the rams last year so it's not as if you've went away and beat fev.

Ah, but, just like the Sheffield team that Barrow beat last week at Sheffield isn't as good as last year when Haven beat them, the Dewsbury team is far better than when we did the double over them last year.    There's a sort of logic in there somewhere.    We get it every year.    Let's just get to the end of the season and see where the teams are.

I remember when .............................

"It is impossible not to feel a twinge of sympathy for Workington Town, the fall guys this season for the Super League's determination to retain it's European dimension, in the shape of Paris. While the French have had every assistance to survive, the importance of having a flagship in a heartland area like West Cumbria has been conveniently forgotten." - Dave Hadfield - Independent 25th August 1996.

#22 The Voodooguru

The Voodooguru
  • Coach
  • 1,097 posts

Posted 09 March 2014 - 06:06 PM

Good crowd and atmosphere, and a fantastic game, nearly had no fingers left at the end. Just a pity for somewhere so close it takes so long to get yam.

Our boys defended like trojans and deserve the victory. A draw would have been fair as Barrow defended well too, but life is hard sometimes and we will take the 3 points with both hands.

Love the latest Haven incarnation trolling again. The sun even shines on a dogs asre now and again, but let him have his glory as it was a good result for the Jambos. 

The race is not always to the swift nor the battle to the strong, but thats the way to bet!

#23 Keith T

Keith T
  • Coach
  • 8,979 posts

Posted 09 March 2014 - 06:17 PM

Love the latest Haven incarnation trolling again. The sun even shines on a dogs asre now and again, but let him have his glory as it was a good result for the Jambos. 

He wants us all to believe that it isn't him though. hahaha

"It is impossible not to feel a twinge of sympathy for Workington Town, the fall guys this season for the Super League's determination to retain it's European dimension, in the shape of Paris. While the French have had every assistance to survive, the importance of having a flagship in a heartland area like West Cumbria has been conveniently forgotten." - Dave Hadfield - Independent 25th August 1996.

#24 S L DeMont

S L DeMont
  • Players
  • 9 posts

Posted 09 March 2014 - 06:27 PM

Dewsbury have again improved their squad this winter and have an excellent coach in GM.

I don't think it's clear who is going to struggle.

#25 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 6,288 posts

Posted 09 March 2014 - 06:31 PM

This is the most unpredictable this leagues been since it was reconstituted . Maybe just me but I wish they'd kept it as it is !

#26 wonky

wonky
  • Coach
  • 4,667 posts

Posted 09 March 2014 - 06:44 PM

There's a barrow fan claiming the last penalty shouldn't have been given, not because it wasn't a penalty but because the ref should have used common sense as both fans would have been happy with a draw.
the futures bright,the futures blue and white

#27 Keith T

Keith T
  • Coach
  • 8,979 posts

Posted 09 March 2014 - 06:49 PM

Dewsbury have again improved their squad this winter and have an excellent coach in GM.

I don't think it's clear who is going to struggle.

Which is what I said at post #7 in this thread!!!!

#28 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 6,288 posts

Posted 09 March 2014 - 06:51 PM

They had the same excellent coach last year but obviously he took 2 days off when we played them last year ...

#29 wonky

wonky
  • Coach
  • 4,667 posts

Posted 09 March 2014 - 07:06 PM

They had the same excellent coach last year but obviously he took 2 days off when we played them last year ...

dont you know town never win a game, the opposing team just lose it.

#30 OttO

OttO
  • Coach
  • 2,001 posts

Posted 09 March 2014 - 07:15 PM

Headed off down to Barrow off a morning shift and walked into the ground with about a minute to spare. Well chuffed with the result and was a great Cumbrian derby match to watch. A draw would have been a worthy result, but to come away with the 3 points feels much better..

"i hate workington town fans with a passion they are the biggest cry babies in rl and boy do they get jealous easy"- Choccy 2012

"if it wernt for me they would have nowt at all to talk about" - Choccy 2012

#31 ChunkyOnion

ChunkyOnion
  • Coach
  • 144 posts

Posted 09 March 2014 - 07:26 PM

Headed off down to Barrow off a morning shift and walked into the ground with about a minute to spare. Well chuffed with the result and was a great Cumbrian derby match to watch. A draw would have been a worthy result, but to come away with the 3 points feels much better..

Don't it just
Surf dudes with attitudes, (Kinda groovy), Laid back moods. Sky above, sand below (Good vibrations), Feelin' mellow. Won't give it up, Don't wanna stop....Don't wake me up, Don't wake me up if I'm dreamin', California dreams, Just let me lay here in the sun, Until my dream is done

#32 raiders96

raiders96
  • Coach
  • 379 posts

Posted 09 March 2014 - 07:28 PM

There's a barrow fan claiming the last penalty shouldn't have been given, not because it wasn't a penalty but because the ref should have used common sense as both fans would have been happy with a draw.

im sure your just looking for an argument... tbh i wouldnt of been happy with the draw as its games like this the home teams should be winning but it was a big derby and form goes out the window. Very even game and a draw would of been about right for both teams

#33 shun

shun
  • Coach
  • 1,550 posts

Posted 09 March 2014 - 07:36 PM

Well done town on your win, no complaints from me. I could see yous snatching something after we cooked up on the last 2 (should have been 3) DG attempts.

You were in fine singing voice as well haha. Good look for the rest of the season.

#34 wonky

wonky
  • Coach
  • 4,667 posts

Posted 09 March 2014 - 07:37 PM

im sure your just looking for an argument... tbh i wouldnt of been happy with the draw as its games like this the home teams should be winning but it was a big derby and form goes out the window. Very even game and a draw would of been about right for both teams

look on your own site, you will see it quite clearly posted. I believe it's you who comes on here regularly looking off an argument.

#35 PLD

PLD
  • Coach
  • 516 posts

Posted 09 March 2014 - 07:39 PM

Forwards (apart from McGoff whose legs seem to stop moving once he has contact in the tackle) were superb today, McAvoy my MoM.

Clueless near the line and last tackle options were very poor, we were camped with back to back sets on the Barrow line but could not break through.

Hopkins showed up well and (I missed the Swinton game) Lever was better.

Both Mossop and Connor showed up well and Tierney was solid at the back, they gave up peppering him with high bombs after he caught about 4/5 on the belt.

Good old fashioned hard defensive battle, enjoyable, but would have been less enjoyable if Barrow had pipped it at the end with their drop goal attempts.

A DG attempt wasn't in our gameplan so it seemed, camped the Barrow line with 5 minutes left and never tried one.

Work to be done but players looked keen and eager, especially in defence.

Rugby League must be a great game to survive the fools at the RFL who run it.

#36 S L DeMont

S L DeMont
  • Players
  • 9 posts

Seriously what's last season got to do with anything?

Don't you think it's a little bitter to try and belittle your neighbours victory today by reminding everyone you beat Dewsbury twice last season?

Well done on your wafer thin victory over Barrow.

#37 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 6,288 posts

I guess this is the end of the month loans . We need to hold Tierney and big Sam , who is a total standout in this league , and add one or two similar standard from their first team squad just to add that bit of quality to help us get games nailed

#38 wonky

wonky
  • Coach
  • 4,667 posts

Posted 09 March 2014 - 07:50 PM

Seriously what's last season got to do with anything?

Don't you think it's a little bitter to try and belittle your neighbours victory today by reminding everyone you beat Dewsbury twice last season?

Well done on your wafer thin victory over Barrow.

do you read the havens fans posts on here?Other than Donald there only on here to cause a wind up. And I was responding to an idiots post who was saying town and barrow were down regardless of today. So excuse me for defending my team. Personally if haven were beating my team at home after getting a pasting at Leigh last week I would be slightly worried.

#39 Hate the rec

Hate the rec
  • Workington
  • 999 posts

Posted 09 March 2014 - 07:55 PM

Just got back, god that bloody road gets worse!! Well played Town, thought we deserved the win really, why we didn't take a drop goal attempt I don't know, we must have had three sets of six with all the Town fans screaming for one in the last five minutes, then Barrrrrrrrrr win a penalty get up our end and you could see what they were going to do, thank god the fluffed it. 

Was a clear penalty at the end, two in the tackle and they try a steal, stupid really.

MOM for me was young MacAvoy he had a horse of a game for a 19yr old, Matty scooting more and getting them on the back foot caused them problems, Tierney was very confident at the back and Hopkins looks a hand full, good first game.

Well done Phil on a very solid display, good defence, a little more idea near the line and thinks are moving along very well.

ps well done the shaven on a good win I had you down for a 20 odd points defeat, funny how money talks ;)

#40 havenhater

havenhater
  • Coach
  • 881 posts

Posted 09 March 2014 - 08:01 PM

Haven fans posting on here but couldn't go to your match though!! Even ur coach said on the radio how he thanked the small few who made it like the stolen car full no doubt
Up the town what a great game today

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users