• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 elppaxr2i

elppaxr2i
  • Coach
  • 1,876 posts

Posted 09 March 2014 - 05:45 PM

That was probably an expected result and scoreline

Thought we were outstanding for 60 mins and it couldve been 80 at one point the amount of breaks we were making down the slope, but the game became really scrappy in the end and kept Rochdale in it and the score down

The backs were sensational 1-7 all game, great to see Hardman and Kain make an appearance and make points to the management

Been critical of Lockwood this season but today him and Greg complimented Etu so well and if it wasnt for them Etu might not have got that hattrick

Ellis was superb up the slope and Flanagan even better going down it!

Etu and Sharp were great, cant see Chisholm get a game unless Etu moves into the centres, the club want a return on their investment in Etu and hes certainly delivering and cant see him dropped for many games

All in all a great team performance, disappointing no game next week as some of the fringe couldve staked a claim and got important minutes under them

Rochdale going to find it really tough on that evidence, though they probably know that

Edited by elppaxr2i, 09 March 2014 - 05:47 PM.

#2 Deano44

Deano44
  • Coach
  • 261 posts

Posted 09 March 2014 - 06:41 PM

agreed although i think that hardman had a nightmare today.....will mendeika be back ?
  • jkb likes this

#3 Maureen T-k

Maureen T-k
  • 5,158 posts

Posted 09 March 2014 - 07:06 PM

That was probably an expected result and scoreline

Thought we were outstanding for 60 mins and it couldve been 80 at one point the amount of breaks we were making down the slope, but the game became really scrappy in the end and kept Rochdale in it and the score down

The backs were sensational 1-7 all game, great to see Hardman and Kain make an appearance and make points to the management

Been critical of Lockwood this season but today him and Greg complimented Etu so well and if it wasnt for them Etu might not have got that hattrick

Ellis was superb up the slope and Flanagan even better going down it!

Etu and Sharp were great, cant see Chisholm get a game unless Etu moves into the centres, the club want a return on their investment in Etu and hes certainly delivering and cant see him dropped for many games

All in all a great team performance, disappointing no game next week as some of the fringe couldve staked a claim and got important minutes under them

Rochdale going to find it really tough on that evidence, though they probably know that

The Rochdale Chairman was gracious in defeat in his post match interview, he did say that he knew they had a mountain to climb this season, but always loved coming to POR
Im Fev and im proud

#4 Sportbilly

Sportbilly
  • Coach
  • 3,160 posts

Posted 09 March 2014 - 09:10 PM

agreed although i think that hardman had a nightmare today.....will mendeika be back ?

nightmare? 1 try an only 1 try against us late in day?.......to be honest he didn't have a lot to do......which bits were a nightmare?

There are no strangers at Post Office Road, only friends who haven't met.

#5 Andrew Vause

Andrew Vause
  • Coach
  • 2,309 posts

Posted 09 March 2014 - 09:19 PM

You are John Bastian and I claim my £5.

#6 elppaxr2i

elppaxr2i
  • Coach
  • 1,876 posts

Posted 09 March 2014 - 09:20 PM

?????? He knocked on early doors in an attack but then so did others, didnt have a lot to do today and chimed into the line well, stopped two tries being the last man of defence, solid if unspectacular, a showing for someone who was playing their first game and didnt want to take risks

A nightmare game - sorry but cant agree with that, i doubt many others will

#7 Steve Slater

Steve Slater
  • Coach
  • 1,822 posts

Posted 09 March 2014 - 09:57 PM

Better than the scoreline was the show of strength in the squad. Etu coming in and Briggs back to fitness, with Kain showing no ill effects too are all positive signs for later in the season. With the quality of those not being selected Rovers are looking like a tin of John West Salmon. 

#8 Hornetto

Hornetto
  • Coach
  • 3,131 posts

Posted 10 March 2014 - 08:03 AM

The Rochdale Chairman was gracious in defeat in his post match interview, he did say that he knew they had a mountain to climb this season, but always loved coming to POR

I'm with Mark our Chairman. POR is a fantastic traditional ground in a community that lives and breathes its RL club. I like visiting too (especially when the sun's shining) - just wish we won there more often! Fev are the benchmark for Championship ambition - but every week is a learning experience for our guys: the bulk of whom played last year in Ch1.

Our blog match report is here http://theseladscanr...blogspot.co.uk/

Cheers.

Posted Image
These Lads Can Run for 80 Minutes - the infamous Hornets fanzine is back from the dead: and just as biased as ever!
Match reports, previews and other stuff that comes into our heads at
http://theseladscanr...ns.blogspot.com

#9 Phil Loxton

Phil Loxton
  • Coach
  • 1,613 posts

Posted 10 March 2014 - 09:38 AM

Thanks Hornetto....it makes a pleasant change from people who brand our fans as Cretins and slag off our ground when they have tasted defeat; Good luck to Rochdale...its hard coming up into the championship as we found out in 2008; Your fans were gracious at the end when they stayed to cheer off their team;

#10 Hornetto

Hornetto
  • Coach
  • 3,131 posts

Posted 10 March 2014 - 11:31 AM

Thanks Hornetto....it makes a pleasant change from people who brand our fans as Cretins and slag off our ground when they have tasted defeat; Good luck to Rochdale...its hard coming up into the championship as we found out in 2008; Your fans were gracious at the end when they stayed to cheer off their team;

All we ask as fans is that the guys who wear our shirt give it 100% - and, yesterday - while were beaten by a good Fev side - our guys gave it everything they had: especially in the last quarter when we had no subs left and they were out on their feet. We know we're a tiny club punching way above our weight in the Championship, but as I said to one of our guys sulking afterwards: I'd rather see us lose at Featherstone than lose at Hemel.

Good to see the ground looking so good yesterday: what your volunteers have done is incredible. See you at ours later in the season.

Posted Image
These Lads Can Run for 80 Minutes - the infamous Hornets fanzine is back from the dead: and just as biased as ever!
Match reports, previews and other stuff that comes into our heads at
http://theseladscanr...ns.blogspot.com

#11 PonteBlue

PonteBlue
  • Players
  • 99 posts

Posted 10 March 2014 - 12:57 PM

All we ask as fans is that the guys who wear our shirt give it 100% - and, yesterday - while were beaten by a good Fev side - our guys gave it everything they had: especially in the last quarter when we had no subs left and they were out on their feet. We know we're a tiny club punching way above our weight in the Championship, but as I said to one of our guys sulking afterwards: I'd rather see us lose at Featherstone than lose at Hemel.

Good to see the ground looking so good yesterday: what your volunteers have done is incredible. See you at ours later in the season.

Thanks for comments.

You did seem to pick up a lot of injuries and looked to have a few blokes out on their feet towards the end, but, credit where it is due, they kept going.

See you at yours.

#12 saddleworth

saddleworth
  • Coach
  • 214 posts

Posted 10 March 2014 - 04:32 PM

No disrespect to Rochdale.They never gave up trying and the frontline were running the ball in right until the last minute. These are the clubs which should be receiving full support from the RL and their fans.

#13 jamescolin

jamescolin
  • Coach
  • 3,152 posts

Posted 10 March 2014 - 05:45 PM

Totally agree. They made some good breaks and against quite a few other teams would have scored at least three times more. Very impressed with our defence. Good luck for the rest of the season Hornets. Dewsbury lost at home to Whitehaven which was a surprise so who knows what the future holds for you. Plenty more surprises to come. Keep batting on. .

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Discuss the game here

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users