KOUKASH TWEET

• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#1 duffymoon

duffymoon
  • Coach
  • 2,597 posts

Posted 09 March 2014 - 10:05 PM

"Expect to reach agreement with the council next week in taking my Swinton stadium plans forward,it will be a major investment in Salford"

#2 Robthegasman

Robthegasman
  • Players
  • 73 posts

Posted 09 March 2014 - 10:29 PM

Sounds promising,lets hope that this is the good news everyone has been waiting for and that the signpost is there pointing in the direction of home,with not too many miles left to go.

#3 greengrass

greengrass
  • Coach
  • 204 posts

Posted 11 March 2014 - 12:04 PM

fingers crossed on the decision, looking forward to the next few sleepless nights ha ha

#4 duffymoon

duffymoon
  • Coach
  • 2,597 posts

Posted 12 March 2014 - 07:31 PM

Seems Koukash family could now be interested in buying Bradford Bulls?

Edited by duffymoon, 12 March 2014 - 07:52 PM.

#5 wberry2013

wberry2013
  • Coach
  • 112 posts

Posted 12 March 2014 - 10:43 PM

Yes he's just said as much now on Twitter "is wife is finalising a deal to buy Bradford, so he's had to cook the tea for him and the kids"!

So I guess that's it for Swinton, not sure what to make of his early tweet regarding news this week of the council regarding Swinton

I'll stick my neck on the line and say the council have yet again failed to help us.

Ps. Don't reply saying I shouldn't put the council down blah blah blah just incase they may be still thinking about it..,

They've done nothing for us and never will! Like the Dr or not, they and we will never get a better offer

Wayne

#6 LOYALION

LOYALION
  • Coach
  • 944 posts

Posted 12 March 2014 - 11:34 PM

I don't think in three days he has decided to show interest in Bradford and drop Swinton!

"no-one knows what it's like to be the bad man.........behind blue eyes"

#7 wberry2013

wberry2013
  • Coach
  • 112 posts

Posted 12 March 2014 - 11:41 PM

Well he's definitely talking about Bradford now not Swinton., there's several tweets about it now

Wayne

#8 Paul Davidson

Paul Davidson
  • Coach
  • 585 posts

Posted 12 March 2014 - 11:55 PM

Yes he's just said as much now on Twitter "is wife is finalising a deal to buy Bradford, so he's had to cook the tea for him and the kids"!

So I guess that's it for Swinton, not sure what to make of his early tweet regarding news this week of the council regarding Swinton

I'll stick my neck on the line and say the council have yet again failed to help us.

Ps. Don't reply saying I shouldn't put the council down blah blah blah just incase they may be still thinking about it..,

They've done nothing for us and never will! Like the Dr or not, they and we will never get a better offer

Wayne

I've not seen the tweet Wayne but did he actually say that he wasn't going ahead with his plans for Swinton town centre?
Don't forget he's not really in it just to get another rugby league team. He's in it to make a profit out of the development as well. The cost of running the Lions, whilst far far from insignificant, would be a very different proposition to that of Bradford Northern!

#9 wberry2013

wberry2013
  • Coach
  • 112 posts

Posted 13 March 2014 - 12:24 AM

No to be fair he didn't mention Swinton. I agree with what your saying but who knows i suppose

Wayne

Edited by wberry2013, 13 March 2014 - 12:25 AM.

#10 duffymoon

duffymoon
  • Coach
  • 2,597 posts

Posted 13 March 2014 - 12:27 AM

He has tweeted that he is still interested in Swinton!

#11 wberry2013

wberry2013
  • Coach
  • 112 posts

Posted 13 March 2014 - 12:51 AM

When was that?

I'll just ask him for a update lol

Wayne

#12 duffymoon

duffymoon
  • Coach
  • 2,597 posts

Posted 13 March 2014 - 12:54 AM

About an hour ago someone asked him if the interest in Bradford meant he was no longer interested in Swinton.He replied that he's still interested in Swinton.

#13 wberry2013

wberry2013
  • Coach
  • 112 posts

Posted 13 March 2014 - 12:58 AM

Just seen it now.

I don't have a clue but time will tell..

Wayne

#14 Little Lion Man

Little Lion Man
  • Coach
  • 338 posts

Posted 13 March 2014 - 01:17 AM

It's all very confusing so we sit tight. If there was something we could do I am sure we would know.

Must say, at the meeting he did say swinton would be his wife's club.....how many other family members does he have left!

I don't mind stealing bread from the mouths of decadence.

"Be mindful of the prayers you send,
Pray hard but pray with care,
For the tears that you are crying now,
Are just your answered prayers"

#15 wberry2013

wberry2013
  • Coach
  • 112 posts

Posted 13 March 2014 - 01:33 AM

I think 5 kids lol there's hope yet

Wayne

#16 Blue Monkey

Blue Monkey
  • Coach
  • 1,750 posts

Posted 13 March 2014 - 10:30 AM

...to that of Bradford Northern!

Nice to see someone use a club's historic (proper) name for a change.

I hate all the names 'invented' by the marketing weirdoes as most of them are so phoney and alien to the culture of British rugby league. Even though 'our' Lions appendage is totally genuine, I'd much prefer it to be dropped even though I feel I'd largely be in a minority in this respect

#17 wberry2013

wberry2013
  • Coach
  • 112 posts

Posted 13 March 2014 - 11:02 AM

Well that's a bit old news now, we've got our fingers on the pulse with latest updates from twitter (that's like a modern newspaper) about a huge take over for Swinton and your still worried about bulls, rhinos and warriors.

As for Swinton lions being just Swinton.... absolutely not!!!!!

Wayne

#18 Blue Monkey

Blue Monkey
  • Coach
  • 1,750 posts

Posted 13 March 2014 - 06:43 PM

Well that's a bit old news now, we've got our fingers on the pulse with latest updates from twitter (that's like a modern newspaper) about a huge take over for Swinton and your still worried about bulls, rhinos and warriors.

As for Swinton lions being just Swinton.... absolutely not!!!!!

Wayne

Told you so

#19 steve wild

steve wild
  • Coach
  • 616 posts

Posted 13 March 2014 - 09:25 PM

We've always been the Lions anyway, regardless of whether or not it was an official appendage. So Keith has a point.

#20 Little Lion Man

Little Lion Man
  • Coach
  • 338 posts

Posted 13 March 2014 - 09:58 PM

Possibly a pointless point .......in the circumstances.

I would sacrifice more than a nickname for a vibrant future.

Rust never sleeps...

I don't mind stealing bread from the mouths of decadence.

"Be mindful of the prayers you send,
Pray hard but pray with care,
For the tears that you are crying now,
Are just your answered prayers"

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users