KOUKASH TWEET

• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#21 Little Lion Man

Little Lion Man
  • Coach
  • 331 posts

Posted 13 March 2014 - 10:38 PM

Just been listening on sky sports - Bradford seems to be an unusual choice of club. While the brand may be solid, they do not own odsal as it was acquired by the RFL. I understand that koukash, The good doctor has always stated that a club must own its ground to be successful ( to fully take advantage of commercial opportunities. Hence his plan for swinton and his remaining concerns regarding salford.

I don't mind stealing bread from the mouths of decadence.

"Be mindful of the prayers you send,
Pray hard but pray with care,
For the tears that you are crying now,
Are just your answered prayers"

#22 Blue Monkey

Blue Monkey
  • Coach
  • 1,722 posts

Posted 13 March 2014 - 11:53 PM

We've always been the Lions anyway, regardless of whether or not it was an official appendage. So Keith has a point.

Thanks for that Steve. Yes, from Queen Victoria's day we've been the Lions, from when the White Lion became the club's HQ. As a teenager, a few decades ago, I, and a few hundred others, would scream "Come on the Lions!" at the top of our voices when they were simply Swinton.

One mention of "Swinton" and the first thing that you would think of was Station Road and the men in blue.

Happy daze!!

#23 Robthegasman

Robthegasman
  • Players
  • 73 posts

Posted 15 March 2014 - 04:39 PM

I think if Dr Koukash does take over Swinton,he will be the one who puts the money into build the stadium and develop it,but I don't think he will be the chairman and my feeling is that it will be one of his children,who I think are grown up who will run Swinton RLFC on his behalf,just like Abramovich at Chelsea has someone running the club for him.

#24 Paul Davidson

Paul Davidson
  • Coach
  • 580 posts

Posted 15 March 2014 - 08:04 PM

Don't forget MK is in the business of being a business and that means turning a profit from development deals. No doubt he isn't happy that Peel Holdings (a business with much more clout and money than his) owns 50% of Barton as well as 50% by SCC and won't sell to him or let him see anything of the potential profit generated from the stadium.

If he gets permission to do a development in Swinton he will earn a good few pennies and hopefully build a stadium that we can rent for years to come.

Hopefully that decision will come soon as the unknowing period is not helping OUR Club get investment from anywhere else.

Edited by Paul Davidson, 15 March 2014 - 08:09 PM.

#25 duffymoon

duffymoon
  • Coach
  • 2,584 posts

Posted 15 March 2014 - 08:14 PM

The decision is due next week according to a tweet from Dr Koukash

#26 Blue Monkey

Blue Monkey
  • Coach
  • 1,722 posts

Posted 16 March 2014 - 11:03 AM

The decision is due next week according to a tweet from Dr Koukash

Can't find this latest tweet anywhere Dave - ???

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users