Verdict so far?

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 glemiln

glemiln
  • Coach
  • 200 posts

Posted 10 March 2014 - 10:45 AM

138 points conceded in 3 games, without a point and 3 points adrift is perhaps verdict enough, but are we showing any signs of turning the corner for requirements at this level? The report on TLCRF80mins says that yesterday was our grittiest performance yet!

Having only read reports and seen some video, the most worrying for me is the defence, particularly after 40 mins. ("Hornets fans just back from the tea-bar wondered how it could be 40-nil.")  This was our problem for much of last season and should have been priority 1 for this level.   Ok, we are only three games in, but we must be pragmatic and battle to achieve at least bonus points if we are to have any hope of surviving the drop, or not, with some dignity.   The established teams will get stronger too as the season progresses.

The cup tie next week is perhaps welcome respite, but we must demonstrate emphatically in that match that we are now a Championship side - on the up!

#2 Hornetto

Hornetto
  • Coach
  • 3,131 posts

Posted 10 March 2014 - 11:57 AM

Featherstone will nail 50 points on teams way better than us this season. We played the last quarter with no available subs due to injury and that took its toll a bit. But basically, we're learning week on week - and Featherstone are the best side in the division.

Very few teams will get a bonus point at Post Office Road this season.

TBF, our defence is twice as good as it was last season. But Championship attack is three times better than in Ch.1.

As you'll have seen, the step up is huge in virtually every aspect of the game - and the Championship is a very unforgiving environment to adapt in.

But, as I said to a grumbling Hornets fan after the hooter yesterday, I'd rather watch us give it everything and lose at Featherstone, than see us flail around and lose at Hemel.

And with five down, there will be some teams cr*pping themselves much more than us.

Posted Image
These Lads Can Run for 80 Minutes - the infamous Hornets fanzine is back from the dead: and just as biased as ever!
Match reports, previews and other stuff that comes into our heads at
http://theseladscanr...ns.blogspot.com

#3 Big Doug

Big Doug
  • Coach
  • 349 posts

Posted 10 March 2014 - 03:51 PM

We have now played three games and been defeated three times. In each game we have gone down to expected defeat's.
I think most fans expected it. The team are giving their all and in my opinion we should support them and not start getting on their backs.
If we had been loosing and playing badly in Championship 1 then I would be critical. We are in a completely different ball game. Faster teams bringing more physicality to each match. I will support the lads all the way if I see 100% effort np mater what the result.
As Hornetto says there will be clubs who are going to end up in the bottom 5 who will be bricking it.

Edited by Big Doug, 10 March 2014 - 04:00 PM.

:girlwerewolf:  :girldevil: 

I  HAVE NEVER GONE TO BED WITH AN UGLY WOMAN. BUT I HAVE WOKEN UP WITH A FEW

#4 Larry Jones

Larry Jones
  • Players
  • 39 posts

Posted 10 March 2014 - 06:20 PM

Nice to see rational views on the state of the nation. Featherstone would be a daunting place for the majority of super league clubs to pay a visit to.

The decision to relegate five always put Hornets behind the eight ball, however I like the decisions that have been taken at least we are seeing the status quo of Super League broken up. Much to the distain of that RL font of knowledge Hemmings.

#5 Big Doug

Big Doug
  • Coach
  • 349 posts

Posted 10 March 2014 - 10:05 PM

Nice to see rational views on the state of the nation. Featherstone would be a daunting place for the majority of super league clubs to pay a visit to.

The decision to relegate five always put Hornets behind the eight ball, however I like the decisions that have been taken at least we are seeing the status quo of Super League broken up. Much to the distain of that RL font of knowledge Hemmings.

Do you mean Pinky and Perky.
Get rid of them.

:girlwerewolf:  :girldevil: 

I  HAVE NEVER GONE TO BED WITH AN UGLY WOMAN. BUT I HAVE WOKEN UP WITH A FEW

#6 mickhornet

mickhornet
  • Coach
  • 408 posts

Posted 11 March 2014 - 09:54 AM

Thought Dave Llewellyn would be in the side by now. Always gives 100% and knows where the try line is.Unless he is injured, anyone know?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users