Who's next

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#1 Coachman

Coachman
  • Banned
  • 66 posts

Posted 10 March 2014 - 01:54 PM

With the month long loan spell finishing for the 3 Wigan lads, who would you like to see from the conveyor belt of talent that is Wigan rl?

#2 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 6,065 posts

Posted 10 March 2014 - 02:16 PM

Interesting . They're chopping n changing a lot at present , but you want a fair spread across the pitch I guess . We have Tierney and big Sam and I really hope we can hold them . Our halves aren't grasping the nettle at the minute so what about someone like Sam Powell , as Green and Smith are settled there ? I like big Tony Clubb , and I see he figured yesterday . Jordan James will struggle to be a regular there to , and same for Jack Hughes maybe ? Gee whizz it's like Christmas !!!

#3 wonky

wonky
  • Coach
  • 4,563 posts

Posted 10 March 2014 - 02:35 PM

Well according to today's paper some of the names that will be available will excite fans. So you would think that means some big guns. I think dual reg will be used from now on rather than loans. At least then we can pick and choose for the required positions we need.
the futures bright,the futures blue and white

#4 town4me

town4me
  • Workington
  • 1,997 posts

Posted 10 March 2014 - 03:00 PM

Our points scored so far suggests we need a play maker at this level Someone who will help bring callums game on too.

#5 Hate the rec

Hate the rec
  • Workington
  • 887 posts

Posted 10 March 2014 - 03:09 PM

Dom Manfredi has just gone to Salford on a months loan, good young centre/winger.

#6 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 6,065 posts

Posted 10 March 2014 - 03:10 PM

Yeh they need loanies ! I know the standpoint that it gives the guys a high standard to play , but I still struggle to get my head around SL franchises with big budgets , squads of players which they have months to recruit and reserve and academy set ups loaning to each other . And these same teams taking in players have players out on DR at times !! Where do linkups with championship clubs and SL clubs bypassing them and loaning to other SL teams join together ?? I'm not sure it looks that good for our ' Super ' comp that some teams are feeding off rival teams to maintain an artificial strength ,not to mention the integrity of the competition?

Edited by DavidM, 10 March 2014 - 03:33 PM.

#7 Keith T

Keith T
  • Coach
  • 8,869 posts

Posted 10 March 2014 - 05:31 PM

In the League Weekly this morning Wane is saying that he wants Sam Hopkins to go to another SL club to get game time and SL experience.   That would be a blow.

I remember when .............................

"It is impossible not to feel a twinge of sympathy for Workington Town, the fall guys this season for the Super League's determination to retain it's European dimension, in the shape of Paris. While the French have had every assistance to survive, the importance of having a flagship in a heartland area like West Cumbria has been conveniently forgotten." - Dave Hadfield - Independent 25th August 1996.

#8 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 6,065 posts

Posted 10 March 2014 - 06:02 PM

Maybe we need a little chat with them to work out how this DR link is gonna work !! They've a job lot out around SL . They want their guys getting SL experience and we want the best standard guys to help us , as these are the ones realistically getting us into the 9 . Both views are understandable , and we're lucky we're in a with a side with so many good players

Edited by DavidM, 10 March 2014 - 06:09 PM.

#9 wonky

wonky
  • Coach
  • 4,563 posts

Posted 10 March 2014 - 09:35 PM

Yes it would be a blow, but I'm sure we will have plenty of options from Wigan. Personally think tierney is the one we need for a long period of time, as long as 1 or 2 forwards are made available then they will all be of a similar quality.

#10 ameliasdaddy

ameliasdaddy
  • Workington
  • 134 posts

Posted 10 March 2014 - 10:06 PM

Carefull, Brett's obsessed mullet is watching and reporting back what's being said on this thread.

No surprise there then.

#11 town4me

town4me
  • Workington
  • 1,997 posts

Posted 10 March 2014 - 10:30 PM

Carefull, Brett's obsessed mullet is watching and reporting back what's being said on this thread.

No surprise there then.

mr mullet seems to be obsessed with towns DR link with wigan. He has started a thread on deluded.com about the whos next thread on here. I think he is afraid we may stay up and haven dont due to DR. There also seems to be a little break away group on the haven rl.org forum who are sick of the moderation on deluded.coms forum who seem obsessed with our wigan link up too. Same fear for them I think too.

#12 OttO

OttO
  • Coach
  • 1,980 posts

Posted 10 March 2014 - 11:42 PM

mr mullet seems to be obsessed with towns DR link with wigan. He has started a thread on deluded.com about the whos next thread on here. I think he is afraid we may stay up and haven dont due to DR. There also seems to be a little break away group on the haven rl.org forum who are sick of the moderation on deluded.coms forum who seem obsessed with our wigan link up too. Same fear for them I think too.

There was a thread over on deludedfans.com  about Towns link up with Wigan that really got them really wound up.... to start off with some posts got removed, and then shortly afterwards the whole thread disappeared after certain deluded ones lost the plot!!! And then they have the cheek to complain about the moderation on here. I think the mods on here are do a great job.... but then again the Haven trolls are easy to spot.

"i hate workington town fans with a passion they are the biggest cry babies in rl and boy do they get jealous easy"- Choccy 2012

"if it wernt for me they would have nowt at all to talk about" - Choccy 2012

#13 Monkeydo

Monkeydo
  • Coach
  • 470 posts

Posted 11 March 2014 - 09:01 AM

but then again the Haven trolls are easy to spot.

Most are the same person judging by the same inability to spell the simplest words and having no idea where to put full stops etc.

#14 Coachman

Coachman
  • Banned
  • 66 posts

Posted 11 March 2014 - 10:04 AM

Come on fellas you've got to give our preserve munching brethren down the road a break. They are clearly desperately worried about our link with the biggest club in British rugby league. I suppose with relegation starring them right in the face, and the crushing realisation that they have again wasted the 50k sellafield hand out on sub standard players it's understandable. Also the fact we can now add some of the best rugby league talent in Britain to cumbrias top team.
Hey here's a thought, next season we could duel reg with Whitehaven and lend them some of our players who can't get a game in super league 2. I'm quite sure they'd jump at the chance of keeping fit in the lower leagues.

Up the Town.

#15 wonky

wonky
  • Coach
  • 4,563 posts

Posted 13 March 2014 - 04:20 PM

I see Bateman and sarginson have been left out of the Wigan squad this week, I wonder if they will be available for town?

#16 scott

scott
  • Workington
  • 1,230 posts

Posted 13 March 2014 - 04:23 PM

I see Bateman and sarginson have been left out of the Wigan squad this week, I wonder if they will be available for town?

If they play won't they be cup tied? I doubt Wigan will want that

#17 wonky

wonky
  • Coach
  • 4,563 posts

Posted 13 March 2014 - 04:29 PM

If they play won't they be cup tied? I doubt Wigan will want that

very good point Scott. I wonder if any will be available then

#18 scott

scott
  • Workington
  • 1,230 posts

Posted 13 March 2014 - 04:31 PM

very good point Scott. I wonder if any will be available then

Not sure Wonky, would like to see us go with our own maybes and give Duerden and Lucock some game time

#19 town blue

town blue
  • Players
  • 60 posts

Posted 13 March 2014 - 07:12 PM

Sarginson is an outstanding talent I would like to see him in a Town shirt some time this season.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users