Rugby League World Issue 402

Try our Fantastic 5-Issue Bundle Offer! For just £18, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:
The Play-offs Issue - pictured (out 12 Sept) – Covering the climax of the Super League & Championship seasons
The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final excitement from both sides of the world plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Barrow Raiders v Workington Town Video Highlights

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 Appleman

Appleman
  • Coach
  • 207 posts

Posted 10 March 2014 - 03:19 PM

Highlights here. Judge for yourself on the various refereeing calls.

http://www.nwemail.c...o&index=1#video

Ever alert for the call to Craven Park

#2 alba

alba
  • Coach
  • 222 posts

Posted 10 March 2014 - 06:24 PM

I don't wonder Murray was furious, it was a one man tackle, and the ball was lost,

#3 Keith T

Keith T
  • Coach
  • 8,859 posts

Posted 10 March 2014 - 07:56 PM

I don't wonder Murray was furious, it was a one man tackle, and the ball was lost,

I know you don't want to accept it alba but have another look there is definitely two players in the tackle and it was a definite strip, you can't get it any clearer.   

I remember when .............................

"It is impossible not to feel a twinge of sympathy for Workington Town, the fall guys this season for the Super League's determination to retain it's European dimension, in the shape of Paris. While the French have had every assistance to survive, the importance of having a flagship in a heartland area like West Cumbria has been conveniently forgotten." - Dave Hadfield - Independent 25th August 1996.

#4 alba

alba
  • Coach
  • 222 posts

Posted 10 March 2014 - 10:26 PM

I know you don't want to accept it alba but have another look there is definitely two players in the tackle and it was a definite strip, you can't get it any clearer.

Two things Keith, I can only see one tackler, and the ball came out very easily on contact, the other thing is Barrow carried out 24 tackles on the trot, and not a penalty given away, the ball was lost twice during this period and the ref gave Workington two scrums , I was stood right behind the post, and Workington could, have gone all night and not gone over, the only way they could win was a drop goal or penalty, there is no way barrow would try to rip the ball out with seconds left and give Workington a penalty in front of the posts. the four main decisions against barrow were actually given by the linesman.

#5 Keith T

Keith T
  • Coach
  • 8,859 posts

Posted 10 March 2014 - 10:43 PM

I don't know about all the other things you mention as I wasn't at the match but looking at the video there is a player behind the Town player who put his hands on the Town player and another Barrow player knocks the ball out of the Town players hands.   Take another look at it and watch the ref he took all of 2 seconds to signal a penalty.    I had settled for two points each to quite honest.

"It is impossible not to feel a twinge of sympathy for Workington Town, the fall guys this season for the Super League's determination to retain it's European dimension, in the shape of Paris. While the French have had every assistance to survive, the importance of having a flagship in a heartland area like West Cumbria has been conveniently forgotten." - Dave Hadfield - Independent 25th August 1996.

#6 raiders96

raiders96
  • Coach
  • 379 posts

Posted 11 March 2014 - 02:21 PM

There was definitely two men in the tackle but it looked like he just let go of it and lost the ball

#7 kiln7

kiln7
  • Coach
  • 820 posts

Posted 11 March 2014 - 05:22 PM

Well just looking at the video was Barrow try a forward pass?????

#8 bearman

bearman
  • Coach
  • 2,378 posts

Posted 11 March 2014 - 05:33 PM

Of course it was.
Ron Banks
Bears and Barrow

#9 Keith T

Keith T
  • Coach
  • 8,859 posts

Posted 11 March 2014 - 06:30 PM

The one near the half-way line looked forward, yes.   But what does it matter now, gotta move on.

#10 kiln7

kiln7
  • Coach
  • 820 posts

Posted 11 March 2014 - 09:02 PM

YOU could have said the same about 2 in the tackle what does it matter now, letts move on???? i was just making an observation.

#11 wonky

wonky
  • Coach
  • 4,557 posts

Posted 12 March 2014 - 08:52 PM

Two things Keith, I can only see one tackler, and the ball came out very easily on contact, the other thing is Barrow carried out 24 tackles on the trot, and not a penalty given away, the ball was lost twice during this period and the ref gave Workington two scrums , I was stood right behind the post, and Workington could, have gone all night and not gone over, the only way they could win was a drop goal or penalty, there is no way barrow would try to rip the ball out with seconds left and give Workington a penalty in front of the posts. the four main decisions against barrow were actually given by the linesman.

you talk as though barrow are a free scoring side. Remember you were at home and only scored by a massively forward pass.

Edited by wonky, 12 March 2014 - 08:53 PM.

the futures bright,the futures blue and white

#12 town4me

town4me
  • Workington
  • 1,990 posts

Posted 12 March 2014 - 08:59 PM

Its all about opinions regarding the ripped ball but was the line breaking pass for barrows try not clearly forward? IMO it was So even if it wasn't a rip then things evened themselves out. Best of luck for the season.

#13 bearman

bearman
  • Coach
  • 2,378 posts

Posted 12 March 2014 - 08:59 PM

you talk as though barrow are a free scoring side. Remember you were at home and only scored by a massively forward pass.

The best team on the day won.
Ron Banks
Bears and Barrow

#14 alba

alba
  • Coach
  • 222 posts

Posted 12 March 2014 - 09:06 PM

Fishing must be poor on the Derwent ,you all seem to be trying your luck down here. Have a good season,

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users