Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 400 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, 38 years of history from Open Rugby to the present day.
Click here for the digital edition to read online via smartphone, tablet and desktop devices including iPhone, iPad, Android & Kindle HD.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 400
/ View a Gallery of all 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 400
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

INFO PLSE. Who converted Briggs' try?

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Steve Slater

Steve Slater
  • Coach
  • 1,788 posts

Posted 10 March 2014 - 07:00 PM

Can anyone please confirm who converted Kyle Briggs's try on 41 minutes? I did the match report for League Express and put the kicker down as Gareth Moore, but the RFL website has it down as Briggs himself, which I'm pretty sure is wrong and backed up by Martin Hawsksworth at the Pont & Cas. I haven't seen the DVD yet, can anyone who has please settle the argument.

#2 oldrover

oldrover
  • Coach
  • 5,959 posts

Posted 10 March 2014 - 07:49 PM

Can anyone please confirm who converted Kyle Briggs's try on 41 minutes? I did the match report for League Express and put the kicker down as Gareth Moore, but the RFL website has it down as Briggs himself, which I'm pretty sure is wrong and backed up by Martin Hawsksworth at the Pont & Cas. I haven't seen the DVD yet, can anyone who has please settle the argument.

if it's the first try after halftime it was scored by hardman converted by moore

joe mullaney is a god
the only good tiger is a stuffed tiger

Posted Image

#3 Steve Slater

Steve Slater
  • Coach
  • 1,788 posts

Posted 10 March 2014 - 08:04 PM

Thanks OR, does that mean we all got the try scorer wrong too? The stadium announcer said it was Briggs, and it looked like him because he had fair hair, and everyone seemed to be congratulating Kyle.

#4 barney

barney
  • Coach
  • 903 posts

Posted 10 March 2014 - 08:44 PM

Was definatly Hardman who scored Steve 

You've got to get your first tackle in early, even if its late.

#5 Maureen T-k

Maureen T-k
  • 5,125 posts

Posted 10 March 2014 - 09:04 PM

Thanks OR, does that mean we all got the try scorer wrong too? The stadium announcer said it was Briggs, and it looked like him because he had fair hair, and everyone seemed to be congratulating Kyle.

Was definitely Hardman that scored as all his team mates were congratulating him
Im Fev and im proud

#6 oldrover

oldrover
  • Coach
  • 5,959 posts

Posted 10 March 2014 - 09:21 PM

Briggs threw him the pass

joe mullaney is a god
the only good tiger is a stuffed tiger

Posted Image

#7 Steve Slater

Steve Slater
  • Coach
  • 1,788 posts

Posted 10 March 2014 - 10:50 PM

Looks like all the media got it wrong. I've learned not to trust the stadium announcers, but we saw the fair hair, and players also patting Briggs on the back, it looked like a fair call.

Thanks everyone for putting me right, and sorry about the error in League Express. At least the other papers got it wrong too! 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users