TotalRL.com Shop Alert: Last Ordering Date for Free Pre-Xmas Delivery within UK: 2pm Thursday 18th December!!
Rugby League Yearbook 2014/15 The Forbidden Game League Express League Express Gift Card Rugby League World Rugby League World Gift Card
Buy Now £14.99 / Kindle Buy Now £14.99 / Kindle Print / Digital Subscription Gift Cards Print / Digital Subscription Gift Cards

Photo
- - - - -

Crowd 409

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 hunslet ramone

hunslet ramone
  • Coach
  • 151 posts

Posted 10 March 2014 - 07:48 PM

Anyone attending the game , including York fans know that there was more like 800 in the ground.

Giving figures out like this does nothing for our club , only ridicules the supporters, with comments from other people regarding our poor support.

We did this a lot last season, especially the home game against Feth. 1000 crowd given out when the ground was nearly full.

Other clubs don't do this so blatent as us.

Lots of good things have been done since Hist took over, but this aspect needs addressing.

#2 The King Of Leon

The King Of Leon
  • 4,531 posts

Posted 10 March 2014 - 08:23 PM

yeh, agree with that 100 %.

Posted Image

#3 MikeFletchersBarmyArmy

MikeFletchersBarmyArmy
  • Coach
  • 466 posts

Posted 10 March 2014 - 08:25 PM

Can anyone from the club explain the figure?
Is it only paying spectators included? As all the juniors there with parents I expect might have had free tickets.

But like you say it does the club no good. There was more at Hemel the week before and a figure of 409 makes us probably the 3rd or 4th worst supported professional club. With Gateshead & Gloucester worse and probably South Wales.

#4 Gazmeister

Gazmeister
  • Coach
  • 254 posts

Posted 10 March 2014 - 08:55 PM

Does seem a little strange. The lower tier seemed quite full. The bottom car pack was rammed and certainly the busiest I have seen it in ages.

I guess none of the kids or their parents counted.

I wonder if there is a tax implication if you count nonpaying children in the figures. It would be wrong to pay more tax if the kids didn't pay.

#5 james cunny

james cunny

maximus aurelius

• Coach
  • 5,289 posts

Posted 10 March 2014 - 09:11 PM

It was announced in error I believe got told it was wrong after game
Hunslet Hawks Champions 2010

#6 Hawkwindbag

Hawkwindbag
  • Coach
  • 933 posts

Posted 10 March 2014 - 09:15 PM

The published crowd figures are a mockery, and it sticks out like a sore thumb at this level.

Last week at Hemel, I saw two crowd figures given: 450 on the Sporting Life website, and 210 in RLE. Not always easy tell, especially on a ground I'd never visited before, but I would guess the actual figure was half-way between the two (330). But whatever, there were 2-3 times more people in attendance yesterday.

If clubs are just going to make the figures up, they might as well not bother publishing them in the first place.

#7 FRISKY FILLY

FRISKY FILLY
  • Coach
  • 1,954 posts

Posted 10 March 2014 - 09:33 PM

In Sundays programme our Operations Director Ian Johnson wrote a interesting article on his duties on match day. These would include balancing the cash taken along with season tickets, plus income and people attending the pre match lunch. I believe the late gate stays open to about half time so the attendance figure should be available to issue to the press and p/a early in the second half

I would invite Ian or a spokesman from HIST to reply on here to confirm the attendance given or tell us the true total.

#8 LENIN

LENIN
  • Coach
  • 1,931 posts

Posted 10 March 2014 - 09:40 PM

maybe we didnt understand what pa man said

after all it was most day unable to understand him. mumbling or had mic too close

hunslet till i die

we will never go to watch the #### over the river ever

#9 Hawkwindbag

Hawkwindbag
  • Coach
  • 933 posts

Posted 11 March 2014 - 08:28 AM

How is it possible to work out how much tax should be paid from a simple attendance figure though? You don't know how many were paying adults and paying children, how many have used a season ticket (on which tax is surely paid at the time of purchase), how many have attended the pre-match meal and therefore paid more, etc. 

You need to know the receipts to be able to work out the VAT bill, not the attendance.

#10 Blackbeard

Blackbeard
  • Coach
  • 1,783 posts

Posted 11 March 2014 - 09:47 AM

At the end of the day , the board and club are there to make money , so hav'ing Gordon Ramsey as your accountant dose'nt bother me , everyone else does it ........... ;)

#11 yll

yll
  • Players
  • 16 posts

Posted 11 March 2014 - 12:23 PM

From being on the turnstille & measuring how busy it was there were definately less people coming through the adult gate than the Wakfield & Leeds games although there were a lot of season tickets (which is good news).

There were a lot of the amateurs parents in the ground before the turnstilles opened so I dont know how they were counted, if at all.

The late gate stays open about 10 - 15 mins after kick off & all the money is pretty much counted by us on the gates as we go so an accurate figure should be available by half time easily.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users