Rugby League World Issue 402

Try our Fantastic 5-Issue Bundle Offer! For just £18, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:
The Play-offs Issue - pictured (out 12 Sept) – Covering the climax of the Super League & Championship seasons
The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final excitement from both sides of the world plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

TotalRL NRL Tipping Competition 2014 Round 2 *** Results Posted; Awards Presented ***

Fri 14th - Mon 17 th March

• Please log in to reply
33 replies to this topic

Poll: Round 2 Poll NRL 2014 (10 member(s) have cast votes)

Which game will produce the smallest margin of victory in the round?

1. Sea Eagles v Rabbitohs (1 votes [10.00%])

Percentage of vote: 10.00%

2. Broncos v Cowboys (4 votes [40.00%])

Percentage of vote: 40.00%

3. Warriors v Dragons (1 votes [10.00%])

4. Storm v Panthers (1 votes [10.00%])

5. Roosters v Eels (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

6. Titans v Tigers (2 votes [20.00%])

Percentage of vote: 20.00%

7. Knights v Raiders (1 votes [10.00%])

8. Bulldogs v Sharks (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#21 kiwityke

kiwityke
  • Coach
  • 2,376 posts

Posted 15 March 2014 - 06:12 AM

Yes Dogs.

Well played the Dragons!!!!!!!!!!!

#22 G Las D

G Las D
  • 14,833 posts

Posted 15 March 2014 - 08:41 AM

Dogs it is Kiwityke.

Seems at the moment the worst thing to be is favourites going into a game!

Well done Dragons, that's a great victory for you.

Storm had ar tough encounter against a very strong and talented Panthers outfit.

For Storm it was another skin of the teeth win.

Storm fans were holding their breath, crossing their fingers and willing Peter Wallace's final penalty goal kick miss its target after the final hooter had gone.

Now that was rain! How did you get on in that BR?

Hope you had a head to toe waterproof on!

There were some odd reffing decisions in the game. I don't include in that Billy's 10 minute sin binning. The ref judged it as a professional foul.

Edited by G Las D, 15 March 2014 - 08:42 AM.

ARLForumstrap2014_zps302d9d20.jpg   

*************** Disciple of Experience **************

#23 G Las D

G Las D
  • 14,833 posts

Posted 15 March 2014 - 01:27 PM

So far we've had:

Just 1 away win out of the five R2 games played.

Storm V Panthers had the smallest winning margin so far - Just 1 point difference.

As for tipping, the top scorers are those with 3 right so far.

Shock of the round so far for me was the crumbling of Eels in their game against Roosters. I tipped Roosters to win but never thought it's be by 52 points!

#24 oikee

oikee
  • Coach
  • 335 posts

Posted 15 March 2014 - 11:38 PM

Hello oikee do you mean points total not margin?

Points total last week in R1 was 349

You can change your post up until the first game of the round has kicked off.

Cheers

Yes Points total, thanks. I dont know what i was thinking going for the Eels, and i wont be sucked into them again as many were last year. 

Ricky Stuart got out while the going was good. Flogged by 50 in only the second week. Geez.

Edited by oikee, 15 March 2014 - 11:40 PM.

#25 Lounge Room Lizard

Lounge Room Lizard
  • Coach
  • 6,425 posts

Posted 16 March 2014 - 07:51 AM

Dogs it is Kiwityke.

Seems at the moment the worst thing to be is favourites going into a game!

Storm had ar tough encounter against a very strong and talented Panthers outfit.

For Storm it was another skin of the teeth win.

Storm fans were holding their breath, crossing their fingers and willing Peter Wallace's final penalty goal kick miss its target after the final hooter had gone.

Now that was rain! How did you get on in that BR?

Hope you had a head to toe waterproof on!

There were some odd reffing decisions in the game. I don't include in that Billy's 10 minute sin binning. The ref judged it as a professional foul.

Listening to the Storm post match interview seems like the Storm were waiting for calls to release a player standing up and never got the call and got pinged by the Ref. I know myself Reffing is tough and making signals sometimes is very very hard when tired even though you may shout it verbally. I think a coupe of poor decisions this week was Lussick swinging arm on Hargreaves. How on earth can all the Match officials not see it and it just is put on report? Also in the Storm v Panthers the Ref called last tackle on tackle 3 in the 2nd half. I think the NRL really need to sort the match officials out and I hate this on Report rubbish when its clear whats happened. We have video Refs as well as others in the stand that can assist the match officials. 

Know its early days but Titans, Warriors Eels and Tigers proving once again you cant trust them to be consistant. Panthers have improved alot from last year as have the Dragons. Cowboys look like nearly men again. Broncos look stronger this year but not sure they have the power to make the top 4. The usual suspects again look to be Storm, Sea Eagles, Roosters, Bunnies, Doggies with the rest hoping they can join them in the 8. 

#26 G Las D

G Las D
  • 14,833 posts

Posted 16 March 2014 - 11:28 AM

The good thing about this start to the season is the way NRL looks more open with promise being shown by clubs who have struggled recently. I really like the look of the Panthers and congratulations to Dragons for the virtually perfect start to 2014. You must be enjoying this RLWinger. Also worth a mention in this resurgent group of clubs is the Raiders. OK they lost just against fancied Cowboys team last weekend but they looked really good for their win today against a struggling Knights.

The NRL as a comp  is renowned not only for its high standard but also the quality of new players it continues to see blossom every season.

There's some cracking young talent on show in 2014.

#27 oikee

oikee
  • Coach
  • 335 posts

Posted 17 March 2014 - 01:13 AM

The good thing about this start to the season is the way NRL looks more open with promise being shown by clubs who have struggled recently. I really like the look of the Panthers and congratulations to Dragons for the virtually perfect start to 2014. You must be enjoying this RLWinger. Also worth a mention in this resurgent group of clubs is the Raiders. OK they lost just against fancied Cowboys team last weekend but they looked really good for their win today against a struggling Knights.

The NRL as a comp  is renowned not only for its high standard but also the quality of new players it continues to see blossom every season.

There's some cracking young talent on show in 2014.

Milford i think is the greatest player i have even seen. Mind you i have seen them all since the 70's. 

The raiders to me looked like Ricky has got them playing Origin intensity. That is huge, really makes a difference. Shame Papa got injured, hope he is ready for Origin. 

I have watched the NRL go downhill year after year after year, well guess what. We are back, big-time. 

Not one complaint about the refs, except for the video ref replays. 

The speed and skills have gone up a cog. It seems like we are in the middle of the season, this is only round two. 

Teams are up and down, yes, normal practise resumes. 

I have put a line through a number of teams already, Warriors, (coach already making excuses, the media are out in force with sack the players and coach), hehe. Poor Sammy Tomkins, wrong bet me lad. 

Titans, gone, Cartwright, dead man walking. 

Tigers, the yoyo continues. 

Eels, the coach went off early,, welcome to Wally World Arthur, haha

I have also run a line through the Bunnies, yes i know, many would call me mad, but they much like the warriors, had to win their last game. The Bunnies are the same old bunnies, cant beat Manly so they are gone. 

I called it early, and i will stick by what i know year in, year out, happens in the grind og the NRL. 

Team to impress were the Panthers, Cleary is a great coach

Broncos, who will fade again and crumble to nothing, at least we get Milford next year, fingers crossed. 

Cowboys look good.

Dragons, what a difference a playmaker makes, Broncos take note.

The dogs are already winning a comp,,,,,,next year.

Manly and Roosters will be hardest to beat, again.

Sharkies, well will they be around next year. Gee wizz, Gallen close to retirement, their best players jumping ship.

The Quality of footy, second to none. Been great, shame the comp is looking like a basketcase already. Love the suspence.  

#28 G Las D

G Las D
  • 14,833 posts

Posted 17 March 2014 - 08:40 AM

It's very early days. Early form can be deceptive. I must say though I think Bunnies did show flaws in that performance that are likely to see them miss out in the big one. Dragons, Panthers,Raiders etc have made the kind of start their fans have been hoping and waiting for. If they are still going well in a month or two's time we'll know they are in with a chance. It's a long season ahead with the plenty of surprises and battles ahead. Player movement an plenty of new young talented players coming through does give us a feeling that the pack has been shuffled and there's hope in the hearts of fans who have endured tough times in recent season.

Edited by G Las D, 17 March 2014 - 08:41 AM.

#29 G Las D

G Las D
  • 14,833 posts

Posted 17 March 2014 - 11:08 AM

2014TippingBanner02Ani_zps07bdf410.gif

---RESULTS---
Sea Eagles 14 - 12 Rabbitohs Home Win (Winning Margin 2 points)
Broncos 16 - 12 Cowboys Home Win (Winning Margin 4 points)
Warriors 12 - 31 Dragons Away Win (Winning Margin 19 points)
Storm 18 - 17 Panthers Home Win (Winning Margin 1 point)
Roosters 56 - 4 Eels Home Win (Winning Margin 52 points)
Titans 12 - 42 Tigers Away Win (Winning Margin 30 points)
Knights 20 - 26 Raiders Away Win (Winning Margin 6 points)

Bulldogs 42 - 4 Sharks HomeWin (Winning Margin 38 points)

NRL Round 2 Summary
Winners: Sea Eagles, Broncos, Dragons, Storm, Roosters, Tigers, Raiders and Bulldogs
3 Away Wins
Points total: 338
Poll: Smallest margin of victory: 1 - Storm v Panthers

Tipping Comp Results /8:
thirteenthman 3

JimBronco 5
R L Winger 4
Oikee 5

Southstander13 4

Niall 5

Simon Kerr 4

Bourbon Rat 5
Barney 4

G Las D 5

Rugby Female 5
Stoney100 3
Kiwityke 4

Match Tipping:
There were six  top scorer this week with 5/8 : JimBronco (-32), Oikee (-18), Niall (+6), Bourbon Rat (-25), G Las D(-24) and Rugby Female (-14) - well done all!
We use the points total prediction as a tie breaker  so by this method our very welcome newcomer Niall(+6) is our Champion Tipster
Points Total: There were 338 points scored in this opening round. The closest to this total was again Simon Kerr (+3 same as last week)
The Away Win comp was jointly won this week by - RLWinger, Southstander13 and Barney correctly predicted there'd be 3 away wins.
Our Poll Comp was won by Kiwityke who correctly predicted that the Storm v Panthers game would produce the smallest winning margin, on this occasion by just 1 point.

Animated awards will be presented to this week's winners as soon as I've been able to create them. The tipping comp ladder(s) will be updated likewise asap.
Our Round 3 tipping competition will be posted shortly.

Congratulations to our  top scorers this week JimBronco, Oikee, Niall, Bourbon Rat, G Las D and Rugby Female
Thanks to everyone who took part.
B)

#30 G Las D

G Las D
  • 14,833 posts

Posted 17 March 2014 - 12:13 PM

*************  ROUND 2  *************

------------- AWARDS ------------- 
************** TipsterR22014_zpsab097616.gif **************

PointsR22014_zps2615dd07.gif * AwayR22014_zps5a9ed007.gif * PollR22014_zps919f8cb2.gif * LeadersR22014_zps6a0b25a7.gif 

Congratulations to JimBronco, Oikee, Niall, Bourbon Rat, G Las D and Rugby Female  our top scorers this week.
Our group strike rate was a slightly improved 56/104 or  54%
The Round 3 competition will be posted shortly.
The Tipsters' Ladder has been posted in a pinned thread
at the top of our forum  with the R2 results of our efforts.

Good Luck in  Round 3 everyone
B)

#31 rugby female

rugby female
  • Coach
  • 1,359 posts

Posted 17 March 2014 - 10:16 PM

Congratulations fellow Tipsters. :)

#32 R L Winger

R L Winger
  • Coach
  • 431 posts

Posted 18 March 2014 - 02:59 AM

G Las D writes

Huge surprise packet the form so far this year I just hope it keeps going Widdop has sure come into his own can't wait for him and Dugan to form a combination it will be epic.

Edited by R L Winger, 18 March 2014 - 03:01 AM.

Posted Image

#33 thirteenthman

thirteenthman
  • Coach
  • 2,648 posts

Posted 18 March 2014 - 08:21 AM

Well done to everyone on the tipping. :) 

And its good to see the Dragons going so well, especially with Widdop playing so well. Nice to see Mike Cooper making a solid start also. Perhaps the Dragons board will give Steve Price a contract extension.  ;)

#34 Bourbon Rat

Bourbon Rat
  • Coach
  • 1,833 posts

Posted 18 March 2014 - 08:36 AM

Well done fellow tippers :biggrin:

Always carry a flagon of whiskey in case of snakebite

and furthermore always carry a small snake - W C Fields

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users