Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 400 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, 38 years of history from Open Rugby to the present day.
Click here for the digital edition to read online via smartphone, tablet and desktop devices including iPhone, iPad, Android & Kindle HD.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 400
/ View a Gallery of all 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 400
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Break in at Whitebank

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#1 oldham13

oldham13
  • Coach
  • 686 posts

Posted 11 March 2014 - 06:27 AM

Another break in at Whitebank.

Mindless idiotic vandals with no regard or respect for everybody or anything but themselves have caused excessive damage to the outer building at the club. I am not sure if any thing has been taken but again it is additional cost of the repairs that will dent the clubs revenue.

If anybody works in the technical security / CCTV industry and could temporary provide recordable CCTV equipment then I am sure the club would appreciate it. I haven't spoken to the club about this idea but I am sure it would be gratefully received. also if anybody is able to provide security lighting I am sure that will help. 

Not sure what the local neighbourhood policing team are doing because this the club are now repeat victims of crime and the offenders need to be brought to justice.

(this is an appeal for CCTV recordable equipment and not a thread about the area and or the local residents who reside there, The club works hard in the local community)

We Are Oldham Roughyeds

#2 diehard 1

diehard 1
  • Coach
  • 1,092 posts

Posted 11 March 2014 - 06:03 PM

cant ch  not claim of the insurance?

#3 Hollinwooder

Hollinwooder
  • Players
  • 1 posts

Posted 12 March 2014 - 04:30 PM

Another break in at Whitebank.

Mindless idiotic vandals with no regard or respect for everybody or anything but themselves have caused excessive damage to the outer building at the club. I am not sure if any thing has been taken but again it is additional cost of the repairs that will dent the clubs revenue.

If anybody works in the technical security / CCTV industry and could temporary provide recordable CCTV equipment then I am sure the club would appreciate it. I haven't spoken to the club about this idea but I am sure it would be gratefully received. also if anybody is able to provide security lighting I am sure that will help. 

Not sure what the local neighbourhood policing team are doing because this the club are now repeat victims of crime and the offenders need to be brought to justice.

(this is an appeal for CCTV recordable equipment and not a thread about the area and or the local residents who reside there, The club works hard in the local community)

Don't mean to be dismissive but what work in the local Community?. Have'nt heard any being done and I've lived in the Avenues for over 7 years now. The only work being carried out has been done by Regenda when they chopped the Trees down.

#4 clifford

clifford
  • Coach
  • 207 posts

Posted 13 March 2014 - 10:32 PM

They started limeside lions rugby team for the youngsters

#5 maccca-6-

maccca-6-
  • Coach
  • 3,079 posts

Posted 14 March 2014 - 11:41 AM

They didn't damage the showers did they

Edited by maccca-6-, 14 March 2014 - 11:41 AM.

hunslet hawks champions 2010

#6 BOLTON ROUGHYED

BOLTON ROUGHYED
  • Coach
  • 666 posts

Posted 15 March 2014 - 04:56 PM

They didn't damage the showers did they

Well done moron!

#7 maccca-6-

maccca-6-
  • Coach
  • 3,079 posts

Posted 16 March 2014 - 03:57 PM

Well done moron!

Hahaha quality!!!!
hunslet hawks champions 2010

#8 Superdude

Superdude
  • Players
  • 97 posts

Posted 17 March 2014 - 12:26 AM

Extensive damage??

How did anyone notice?

#9 gogledd

gogledd
  • Coach
  • 615 posts

Posted 17 March 2014 - 05:37 PM

Sorry to hear that your building have been vandalised.

An electrical supplier nearby sells dummy CCTV cameras. They come with a battery to keep a small red light blinking to make them look like their working. They have a mall ammount of cable to make it look like they are actually connected. Mounted above eye level ona building they are actually quite effective - I have one on the house.  With warning signs that CCTV is fitted it may be enough of a deterrent and a reasonable cheep option.  Worth considering anyway.

Best regards

gogledd

Edited by gogledd, 17 March 2014 - 05:38 PM.

#10 Big Doug

Big Doug
  • Coach
  • 342 posts

Posted 20 March 2014 - 11:38 AM

What of any value would the CCTV Camera be attempting to protect ?

:girlwerewolf:  :girldevil: 

I  HAVE NEVER GONE TO BED WITH AN UGLY WOMAN. BUT I HAVE WOKEN UP WITH A FEW

#11 OutOfTownRoughyed

OutOfTownRoughyed
  • Coach
  • 316 posts

Posted 20 March 2014 - 11:55 AM

The law cup ha

#12 TOSH1960

TOSH1960
  • Coach
  • 343 posts

Posted 20 March 2014 - 11:48 PM

And we are Oldham.

#13 andykenny

andykenny
  • Players
  • 49 posts

Posted 22 March 2014 - 04:20 PM

I have to say that several break ins ago I mentioned to Janet who works for Mr Hamilton that I would do a cctv systems at the ground.I have many years experience in this field and can provide remote monitoring and  talk back so that the monitoring centre can warn intruders away via loudspeakers.

I said I would supply and install it for free and would be happy to meet  and discuss.Janet said she would tell CH.

Never heard anything back,

#14 roughyed34

roughyed34
  • Coach
  • 190 posts

Posted 22 March 2014 - 09:03 PM

Thats so good of you, unbelievable the club dont respond to genuine offers of help. I really despair sometimes at the way the club is run. Turning away or at the least not communicating with people willing to help is scandalous, i just dont understand what they are playing at.

#15 higgy

higgy
  • 335 posts

Posted 23 March 2014 - 09:13 AM

What a nice gesture, and a disgrace that the club as not followed up on the offer.

I am sure Janet would have informed CH of the offer but once again an opportunity has been missed by him? typical CH.

#16 oldham13

oldham13
  • Coach
  • 686 posts

Posted 23 March 2014 - 12:16 PM

U could email the Chairman directly?

We Are Oldham Roughyeds

#17 RunItOffAfi

RunItOffAfi
  • Coach
  • 238 posts

Posted 23 March 2014 - 03:47 PM

Why should anyone prepared to donate something free of charge to any organisation have to chase up that organisation to get them to accept it? An amazing gesture completely ignored, it appears. And then people wonder why the club is going nowhere.

#18 Gregory

Gregory
  • Coach
  • 102 posts

Posted 24 March 2014 - 03:24 PM

The club website asks for volunteers to help on a matchday, but when I emailed an offer to help I didn't receive a reply

#19 thecrab

thecrab
  • Coach
  • 700 posts

Posted 24 March 2014 - 05:12 PM

We need to get this clown out from the club.
Is it any wonder we're up to our neck in it when wonderful offers like this are ignored. Shame on you CH.

#20 The Art of Hand and Foot

The Art of Hand and Foot
  • Coach
  • 561 posts

Posted 24 March 2014 - 06:14 PM

http://www.therfl.co...ople-team-up-to

Well at least ot something.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users