TotalRL.com Shop Alert: Last Ordering Date for Free Pre-Xmas Delivery within UK: 2pm Thursday 18th December!!
Rugby League Yearbook 2014/15 The Forbidden Game League Express League Express Gift Card Rugby League World Rugby League World Gift Card
Buy Now £14.99 / Kindle Buy Now £14.99 / Kindle Print / Digital Subscription Gift Cards Print / Digital Subscription Gift Cards

Photo
- - - - -

swinton v gateshead challenge cup 3rd round

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 ThunderArmy

ThunderArmy
  • Coach
  • 293 posts

Posted 11 March 2014 - 06:50 AM

Hi all, looking forward to sundays game, last time we came lsv we got hammered lol hoping that wont happen again we have a decent team this season under stanley gene and started with a 47-28 win against oxford on sunday, this will be a very tough game for us, what kind of team are you guys likely to field? Full strength? Should be a good game and closer than last time we played you lol

#2 Little Lion Man

Little Lion Man
  • Coach
  • 340 posts

Posted 11 March 2014 - 08:53 AM

I am sure it will be closer than last but most of all I hope for a good day out.

With only around 20 players in the squad then we do note have the luxury of "weakening" the team too much!

We have been playing 3 Warrington dr players ( penny, Burke and Dwyer) and I guess they will not play so as not to be cup tied. Therefore along with any injuries the team will pick itself.

That said, we only had one pre season friendly so the team need to get playing together as much as possible. 5 defeats so far this season so looking to change that on Sunday. Expect a team something like:

R hawkyard
Worthington
Nanyn
Watkins
Walker
2 halves from Fishwick/bowman/Watson

Hooker - Ackers

4 props from Menzies, cooper, Johnson, Thomas, morrison

D hawkyard
D halliwell
Loose - Barlow or brown

Suspect Watson might start on the bench so he can have a good look at the team from the sidelines.

Something around -

I don't mind stealing bread from the mouths of decadence.

"Be mindful of the prayers you send,
Pray hard but pray with care,
For the tears that you are crying now,
Are just your answered prayers"

#3 Blakemore

Blakemore
  • Coach
  • 239 posts

Posted 11 March 2014 - 09:09 AM

If settle for 30-12 need a good defensive display though

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users