TotalRL.com Shop Alert: Last Ordering Date for Free Pre-Xmas Delivery within UK: 2pm Thursday 18th December!!
Rugby League Yearbook 2014/15 The Forbidden Game League Express League Express Gift Card Rugby League World Rugby League World Gift Card
Buy Now £14.99 Buy Now £14.99 / Kindle Print / Digital Subscription Gift Cards Print / Digital Subscription Gift Cards

Photo
- - - - -

Liam Mcavoy

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 scott

scott
  • Workington
  • 1,288 posts

Posted 11 March 2014 - 10:42 AM

Liam is named in the team of the week again this week

#2 town4me

town4me
  • Workington
  • 2,087 posts

Posted 11 March 2014 - 10:46 AM

Well done liam.

#3 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 6,349 posts

Posted 11 March 2014 - 11:16 AM

Well done . Not the biggest but really tough kid with a great work rate . Showing why guys like Barry McDermott rate him so highly . Keep it up .

#4 Hate the rec

Hate the rec
  • Workington
  • 1,026 posts

Posted 11 March 2014 - 11:50 AM

Well done Liam, fully deserved.

#5 Richard de la Riviere

Richard de la Riviere
  • Coach
  • 537 posts

Posted 11 March 2014 - 12:30 PM

those who have seen him every week - do you think he'll stay where he is or move back to the front row?

#6 Hate the rec

Hate the rec
  • Workington
  • 1,026 posts

Posted 11 March 2014 - 12:58 PM

those who have seen him every week - do you think he'll stay where he is or move back to the front row?

Front row, back row theres not much difference these days I think RdlR, he is playing really well so far, has a really good engine for a young lad and with some experience along side him he will only get better, hes got to be a contender for young player of the year even now.

#7 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 6,349 posts

Posted 11 March 2014 - 01:05 PM

Still early days . As long as we get our best forwards in the 13 . Matty , Stack , Mcavoy and Brett have four spots nailed down . Probably prop on where our strengths are , but I agree it won't make much difference to what he does

Edited by DavidM, 11 March 2014 - 01:08 PM.

#8 Coachman

Coachman
  • Banned
  • 66 posts

Posted 11 March 2014 - 01:11 PM

Liam's got Super League potential. Great to see another young Cumbrian plying his trade at town, it seems that we're the first port of call now for all the TOP local talent.

#9 wonky

wonky
  • Coach
  • 4,703 posts

Posted 11 March 2014 - 01:44 PM

The reason I would play Brett over him at 2nd row is because of his attacking ability. There probably isn't a better defender in our team than Liam but Phillips and stack are the more attack minded players. Liam at prop for me.
the futures bright,the futures blue and white

#10 ameliasdaddy

ameliasdaddy
  • Workington
  • 137 posts

Posted 11 March 2014 - 02:14 PM

No surprise at all, the kid has had 2 massive games.

Personally I think he's not big enough yet for prop, what a workrate he has. I'd leave him in second row for now and be thankfull of the talent we have in that position. Rotating Liam, Jarrad and Brett sensibly should go a long way to keeping them fit for a full season.

#11 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 6,349 posts

Posted 11 March 2014 - 02:21 PM

A couple more good props from our DR or loan will really help compliment our pack . The modern way of playing a third prop at 13 that many teams use ( a defensive measure really ) opens another avenue . Interesting how Vievers plays his cards .

#12 The Voodooguru

The Voodooguru
  • Coach
  • 1,110 posts

Posted 11 March 2014 - 06:38 PM

I'm not sure Liam is an out and out prop but in Jarred and Brett we already have two top quality second rowers.
I would be tempted to play Jarred at centre as he has all the attributes for a good centre and play Liam and Brett in the pack.
The race is not always to the swift nor the battle to the strong, but thats the way to bet!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users