Rugby League World Issue 402

Try our Fantastic 5-Issue Bundle Offer! For just £18, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:
The Play-offs Issue - pictured (out 12 Sept) – Covering the climax of the Super League & Championship seasons
The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final excitement from both sides of the world plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

60's Disco CANCELLED

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 RIGGY

RIGGY
  • Coach
  • 1,785 posts

Posted 11 March 2014 - 10:24 PM

Owing to a poor up take in ticket sales this Saturday nights 60's Disco night at The British Legion has been cancelled.

Some people had said that the £10 admission fee was too expensive so the price was dropped to £ 6.00 and still the up take was poor despite the Trust trying to raise money for the club.

We are now looking at other options for money making ideas for the club which I hope people will pay for and attend.

Riggy

#2 GLENNGARY

GLENNGARY
  • Coach
  • 233 posts

Posted 12 March 2014 - 01:49 PM

Well done Swinton fans, the first chance you have to raise desperately needed money to keep the Lions going and you have been found wanting. The trust needed  the money raised from the disco badly and you have let them down. If i was a trust commitee member who give up there time and effort for nothing on seeing the responce from the fans , i would be saying why bother. okay maybe you weren't into sixties music but i would have made it an enjoyable night for everyone, but the disco was not about the music it was about raising money for our beloved team and you flunked it. I was giving my services free and would have been willing to do some more with a more modern theme. the commitee give there sevices free and believe me it's very hard work.

#3 GLENNGARY

GLENNGARY
  • Coach
  • 233 posts

Posted 12 March 2014 - 01:53 PM

Sorry ihadn't completed what i was saying just to finish. If you don't support the fund raising events the club dies simples.

#4 mark richardson

mark richardson
  • Coach
  • 2,980 posts

Posted 12 March 2014 - 02:20 PM

I appreciate your noble gesture to run the disco GG and I am a hearty advocate for the trust and all its commitee but I for one wouldn't be attending because it simply does not float my boat.
Id rather just give the club some money if thats the way it is

#5 duffymoon

duffymoon
  • Coach
  • 2,584 posts

Posted 12 March 2014 - 02:30 PM

I don't recall any events that have been organised being particularly well supported be it race nights,quizzes etc.Why this is I don't know as other clubs seem to be quite successful.There just seems to be a general apathy amongst Swinton fans which is a shame when people have taken the trouble to organise such events.

#6 RIGGY

RIGGY
  • Coach
  • 1,785 posts

Posted 12 March 2014 - 04:22 PM

Well said Dave.

Lots of people took away membership forms and standing order forms form our meetings but i think some of them have ended up behind the clock over the fire or even in the fire !!.   We need EVERY swinton fan to join the trust  don't just sit there and think the saviour will ride in on his horse shortly as it won't happen in the next few weeks as there are still many hurdles to cross.  PLEASE if you have not joined the trust or are thinking about it please DO IT NOW as your membership is needed.

See the trust website for info.

Thanks for listening to my moan

Riggy !!

#7 LOYALION

LOYALION
  • Coach
  • 919 posts

Posted 12 March 2014 - 04:41 PM

Well done Swinton fans, the first chance you have to raise desperately needed money to keep the Lions going and you have been found wanting. The trust needed the money raised from the disco badly and you have let them down. If i was a trust commitee member who give up there time and effort for nothing on seeing the responce from the fans , i would be saying why bother. okay maybe you weren't into sixties music but i would have made it an enjoyable night for everyone, but the disco was not about the music it was about raising money for our beloved team and you flunked it. I was giving my services free and would have been willing to do some more with a more modern theme. the commitee give there sevices free and believe me it's very hard work.

In answer my friend, I wasnt going as I am in London that weekend and will also unfortunately miss the game on Sunday. However this kind of post will only turn people away from the path you require them to take. Remember 'a cow has only so much milk'!

"no-one knows what it's like to be the bad man.........behind blue eyes"

#8 Little Lion Man

Little Lion Man
  • Coach
  • 327 posts

Posted 13 March 2014 - 01:26 AM

Very true loyal lion, and we do not have a big enough cow either!

Fund raising has to come from outside the core support as well and you won't find those people on these forums. Without this forum or an announcement at the match I would not have known about the event.

We can all help to push swinton into the minds of others and we should be applauded for trying but there is a limit to collecting from each other.

Real shame though.

I don't mind stealing bread from the mouths of decadence.

"Be mindful of the prayers you send,
Pray hard but pray with care,
For the tears that you are crying now,
Are just your answered prayers"

#9 Zagrebred

Zagrebred
  • Players
  • 9 posts

Posted 15 March 2014 - 05:34 PM

Stop being so focused on the 1960's when you last won a Championship. Move on. I think that has been's Swintons problems over the years, reflecting on the glory years.

Edited by Zagrebred, 15 March 2014 - 05:34 PM.

Hello London ARL viewers

#10 Little Lion Man

Little Lion Man
  • Coach
  • 327 posts

Posted 15 March 2014 - 05:41 PM

Very funny! :tongue:

I don't mind stealing bread from the mouths of decadence.

"Be mindful of the prayers you send,
Pray hard but pray with care,
For the tears that you are crying now,
Are just your answered prayers"

#11 steve wild

steve wild
  • Coach
  • 583 posts

Posted 15 March 2014 - 09:17 PM

Personally I've never got over 1928

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users