Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 400 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, 38 years of history from Open Rugby to the present day.
Click here for the digital edition to read online via smartphone, tablet and desktop devices including iPhone, iPad, Android & Kindle HD.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 400
/ View a Gallery of all 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 400
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Big News for Cas at Midnight

Possibly

• Please log in to reply
81 replies to this topic

#1 Mumby Magic

Mumby Magic
  • Coach
  • 3,129 posts

Posted 12 March 2014 - 08:17 PM

Rumour doing the rounds is that a major announcement/news story will be released by Castleford at midnight. Anyone know owt or is it a hoax???

Lilly, Jacob and Isaac, what my life is about. Although our route through life is not how it should be, I am a blessed man.

#2 FlattenedbyWard

FlattenedbyWard
  • Coach
  • 340 posts

Posted 12 March 2014 - 08:26 PM

New Stadium deal announced?

#3 Simmo

Simmo
  • Banned
  • 548 posts

Posted 12 March 2014 - 08:29 PM

A stadium clock? How will they know it's midnight?

A donor has been found for Carney's brain transplant? One careful Yorkshireman owner, never been used?

#4 PREPOSTEROUS

PREPOSTEROUS
  • Coach
  • 657 posts

Posted 12 March 2014 - 08:33 PM

New stadium site has been doing the rounds. If Richard Wright is involved it will involve a picture of him standing on green belt land in a hard hat saying Cas will be in the new stadium by 2010 er 15.

#5 DAZROVER1985

DAZROVER1985
  • Coach
  • 322 posts

Posted 12 March 2014 - 08:37 PM

Heard locally that tesco had bought wheldon road, local paper out tomorrow maybe front page news?

#6 MrPosh

MrPosh
  • Coach
  • 3,050 posts

Posted 12 March 2014 - 09:02 PM

New stadium site has been doing the rounds. If Richard Wright is involved it will involve a picture of him standing on green belt land in a hard hat saying Cas will be in the new stadium by 2010 er 15.

It's like goldy and silvery, only made of iron.
People called Romans they go the house

#7 Gates1

Gates1
  • Coach
  • 146 posts

Posted 12 March 2014 - 09:20 PM

A company (Laterall property group) has recently writing to residents with a pre-planning permision notice including a new staduim just off the M62.

Appears a further letter appears to have been sent today with more details of the plans which will include staduim and enabling retail devlopment and 50 acre country park.

I assume the announcement is going to relate to these ongoing developments.

No Dickie Wright involved and the club have kept this underwraps until now (when its out anyway due to the letters) so appears to be a lot less smoke and mirrors than the last one with the club waiting until their is more substance before making any announcements (hopefully).

#8 PREPOSTEROUS

PREPOSTEROUS
  • Coach
  • 657 posts

Posted 12 March 2014 - 09:28 PM

No Dickie Wright involved...

That can only be a good thing..

I guess if this is the news Cas should be in a new stadium in 5 - 10 years time. Hope all goes well.

#9 Cake Tiger

Cake Tiger
  • Coach
  • 719 posts

Posted 12 March 2014 - 09:33 PM

Yes, most of the best announcements are made at midnight.  :O

#10 Gates1

Gates1
  • Coach
  • 146 posts

Posted 12 March 2014 - 09:35 PM

That can only be a good thing..

I guess if this is the news Cas should be in a new stadium in 5 - 10 years time. Hope all goes well.

Would be nice, still think theres a hell of a lot of hoops to jump through before this could become a reality. Looks like the club are, rightfully taking a pragmatic approach and focusing on the now - rather than seeing this as only way to develop the club as they appeared to do last time (selling players to fund planning permision for despite not having funding, neglecting wheldon road, etc!).

#11 Gates1

Gates1
  • Coach
  • 146 posts

Posted 12 March 2014 - 09:36 PM

Yes, most of the best announcements are made at midnight.  :O

Assume its coming out in the Ponte and Cas express tommorow - think website probably updates then/or paper goes to press.

#12 snapski

snapski
  • Coach
  • 903 posts

Posted 12 March 2014 - 09:58 PM

A donor has been found for Carney's brain transplant? One careful Yorkshireman owner, never been used?

Ooh fancy that Cas got under the skin of a Wigan fan

#13 Simmo

Simmo
  • Banned
  • 548 posts

Posted 12 March 2014 - 10:07 PM

Ooh fancy that Cas got under the skin of a Wigan fan

Don't flatter yourself.

#14 Gates1

Gates1
  • Coach
  • 146 posts

Posted 12 March 2014 - 10:09 PM

Which part of Yorkshire was Australian winger Justin Carney born and raised in?

#15 Old Frightful

Old Frightful
  • Coach
  • 12,647 posts

Posted 12 March 2014 - 10:17 PM

It's probably to announce they're expecting the biggest ever away following this Sunday.

NO BUTS IT'S GOT TO BE BUTTER......                                 Z1N2MybzplQR6XBrwB9egniMH8xqYQ5s.jpg                                                                                                                     

#16 Bulletproof

Bulletproof
  • Coach
  • 2,242 posts

Posted 12 March 2014 - 10:19 PM

Anything?

#17 Northern Sol

Northern Sol
  • 16,927 posts

Posted 12 March 2014 - 10:42 PM

Which part of Yorkshire was Australian winger Justin Carney born and raised in?

I didn't understand that either.

#18 Manx RL

Manx RL
  • Coach
  • 1,226 posts

Posted 12 March 2014 - 10:50 PM

A company (Laterall property group) has recently writing to residents with a pre-planning permision notice including a new staduim just off the M62.

Appears a further letter appears to have been sent today with more details of the plans which will include staduim and enabling retail devlopment and 50 acre country park.

I assume the announcement is going to relate to these ongoing developments.

No Dickie Wright involved and the club have kept this underwraps until now (when its out anyway due to the letters) so appears to be a lot less smoke and mirrors than the last one with the club waiting until their is more substance before making any announcements (hopefully).

Hope Channel 4 do a documentary of the development, Kevin McCloud would be ideal to present.

- Adepto Successu Per Tributum Fuga -

#19 Kenilworth Tiger

Kenilworth Tiger
  • Coach
  • 8,859 posts

Posted 12 March 2014 - 10:57 PM

Apparently it's news that Simmo is in fact Marwan Koukash
Now then, it's a race between Sandie....and Fairburn....and the little man is in........yeees he's in.

I, just like those Castleford supporters felt that the ball should have gone to David Plange but he put the bit betwen his teeth...and it was a try

Kevin Ward - best player I have ever seen

Posted Image

The real Mick Gledhill is what you see on here, a Bradford fan ........, but deep down knows that Bradford are just not good enough to challenge the likes of Leeds & St Helens.

#20 Kenilworth Tiger

Kenilworth Tiger
  • Coach
  • 8,859 posts

Posted 13 March 2014 - 12:06 AM

http://www.castigers...cle.php?id=4123
Now then, it's a race between Sandie....and Fairburn....and the little man is in........yeees he's in.

I, just like those Castleford supporters felt that the ball should have gone to David Plange but he put the bit betwen his teeth...and it was a try

Kevin Ward - best player I have ever seen

Posted Image

The real Mick Gledhill is what you see on here, a Bradford fan ........, but deep down knows that Bradford are just not good enough to challenge the likes of Leeds & St Helens.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users