Koukash confirms wife’s interest in purchasing Bulls

• Please log in to reply
183 replies to this topic

#21 Bob8

Bob8
  • Coach
  • 9,621 posts

Posted 13 March 2014 - 11:55 AM

It does occur to me that if we did nto have the salary cap, all the money would go into Salford.  It is better for the game this way.

"You clearly have never met Bob8 then, he's like a veritable Bryan Ferry of RL." - Johnoco 19 Jul 2014

”I am all for expansion but not to start and string the teams all over the place” – stewpot01 – 11 July 2014

"2013 is on course to be one of the most disastrous in its history." - Creditwhereitsdews - 2nd January 2013

#22 Bob8

Bob8
  • Coach
  • 9,621 posts

Posted 13 March 2014 - 11:56 AM

Fortunately, it's now 2014 and not 1894, so your old fashioned rubbish rather misses the point.

It is not old fashioned to see Koulash as the éminence grise in this.

"You clearly have never met Bob8 then, he's like a veritable Bryan Ferry of RL." - Johnoco 19 Jul 2014

”I am all for expansion but not to start and string the teams all over the place” – stewpot01 – 11 July 2014

"2013 is on course to be one of the most disastrous in its history." - Creditwhereitsdews - 2nd January 2013

#23 zorquif

zorquif
  • Coach
  • 1,651 posts

Posted 13 March 2014 - 12:08 PM

What happens if they get divorced? Obviously that hopefully wouldn't happen. But if it did wouldn't they both potentially be part owners of two clubs?

#24 Leighton10

Leighton10
  • Coach
  • 119 posts

Posted 13 March 2014 - 12:21 PM

Surely if they got divorced he would keep salford an she would keep bradford. As it is her who is doen as buyin it and would be the owner.

#25 Bob8

Bob8
  • Coach
  • 9,621 posts

Posted 13 March 2014 - 12:39 PM

What happens if they get divorced? Obviously that hopefully wouldn't happen. But if it did wouldn't they both potentially be part owners of two clubs?

She would get the clubs, but he would get to take them to the game at weekends.

#26 Segovia Carpet

Segovia Carpet
  • Coach
  • 1,419 posts

Posted 13 March 2014 - 12:52 PM

Be a Good Cup Final wouldnt it?  First time the 2 Chairmen walk out holding hands!

Great news if she pulls the deal off & thats from a Salford fan.

#27 Gerri Monside

Gerri Monside
  • Coach
  • 322 posts

Posted 13 March 2014 - 01:09 PM

Be a Good Cup Final wouldnt it?  First time the 2 Chairmen walk out holding hands!

Great news if she pulls the deal off & thats from a Salford fan.

[Pedant mode]It wouldn't be the first though. Gary & Kath Hetherington walked out together as respective chairs of Leeds & Hull for the 2005 cup final/

It's an easy kick for the lad but, as we say in Rugby League, there's no easy kicks.

@IanLancaster65

#28 hindle xiii

hindle xiii
  • Coach
  • 21,171 posts

Posted 13 March 2014 - 01:11 PM

Anyone who comes in would have to work hard and smart to win over the wounded Bulls fans.

I think we'd be warm and welcoming, but certainly wary of bad news for a good few seasons.

If you use "should of", "would of" or "could of", you are a moron.

On Odsal Top baht 'at.

#29 duffymoon

duffymoon
  • Coach
  • 2,598 posts

Posted 13 March 2014 - 01:16 PM

I'd be slightly worried if I were a Salford fan! With the investment Salford have had the Bulls would be pulling in 15000 now at Odsal .How long before Koukash realises hes going to lucky to get half that at Salford and decides that Bradford is by far the better option long term?

Edited by duffymoon, 13 March 2014 - 01:16 PM.

#30 The Future is League

The Future is League
  • Coach
  • 6,072 posts

Posted 13 March 2014 - 01:20 PM

I can't see a problem. Bradford need a rich owner and its appears there is one waiting in the wings.

#31 Gerri Monside

Gerri Monside
  • Coach
  • 322 posts

Posted 13 March 2014 - 01:20 PM

And I know I'm firmly in the significant minority in this one, but I find it difficult to buy in to the hype surrounding Koukash and his money / aims / motives & dreams. I have an in built suspicion of the "saviours" that miraculously appear when a club is on its 'arris and put forward spectacular plans which generate media & supporter interest proclaiming a life-long love of the game. Then when the initial hubbub settles you usually find out that the interest isn't really that strong and the motives are somewhat less than philanthropic. I hope for everyone's sake that I'm wrong - and I'd be happy to be proved so, but I can't get over the feeling that something isn't quite what it seems.

It's an easy kick for the lad but, as we say in Rugby League, there's no easy kicks.

@IanLancaster65

#32 Red John

Red John
  • Coach
  • 227 posts

Posted 13 March 2014 - 01:30 PM

I'd be slightly worried if I were a Salford fan! With the investment Salford have had the Bulls would be pulling in 15000 now at Odsal .How long before Koukash realises hes going to lucky to get half that at Salford and decides that Bradford is by far the better option long term?

Can't see it being a problem. If he was just looking to buy big clubs, he wouldn't have bid for Swinton. He surely realises that they are a club that will be lucky to get attendances a tenth of those Salford get.

#33 Saintslass

Saintslass
  • Coach
  • 4,797 posts

Posted 13 March 2014 - 01:31 PM

And I know I'm firmly in the significant minority in this one, but I find it difficult to buy in to the hype surrounding Koukash and his money / aims / motives & dreams. I have an in built suspicion of the "saviours" that miraculously appear when a club is on its 'arris and put forward spectacular plans which generate media & supporter interest proclaiming a life-long love of the game. Then when the initial hubbub settles you usually find out that the interest isn't really that strong and the motives are somewhat less than philanthropic. I hope for everyone's sake that I'm wrong - and I'd be happy to be proved so, but I can't get over the feeling that something isn't quite what it seems.

I take it then you were equally skeptical when McManus and his buddy arrived at Saints' door in 2002?  We were over 2 mill in debt and on the verge of administration.  They came along and saved the club.

His buddy returned to the far east, but McManus is still here.  And we now have a shiny new stadium.

Sometimes saviours do exist and they do stick around.

#34 Amber Avenger

Amber Avenger
  • Coach
  • 5,791 posts

Posted 13 March 2014 - 02:01 PM

I'm still sceptical - is there any Bulls fan out there who isn't with what has gone on in the past two years - but if she has put a bid in then this, for me, is the only option for the club. If rumours are true of the other people who have their hat in the ring, (including two former recent chairmen - good look with that if you take over lads...!) then this is far and away the best of a very bad bunch.

SQL Honours
Play off mini league winner - 2002. Bronze Medalist - 2003. Big Split Group Winner - 2006. Minor Stupidship - 2005, 2006. Cup Silver Medalist - 2008, 2009
CHAMPION - 2005, 2009, 2010

#35 Amber Avenger

Amber Avenger
  • Coach
  • 5,791 posts

Posted 13 March 2014 - 02:06 PM

Also, Bradford need an owner that can come and give without taking, so Mandy is perfect.

(Don't worry, I had my coat on as I wrote that)

SQL Honours
Play off mini league winner - 2002. Bronze Medalist - 2003. Big Split Group Winner - 2006. Minor Stupidship - 2005, 2006. Cup Silver Medalist - 2008, 2009
CHAMPION - 2005, 2009, 2010

#36 chrisl1

chrisl1
  • Coach
  • 588 posts

Posted 13 March 2014 - 02:13 PM

S

Can't see it being a problem. If he was just looking to buy big clubs, he wouldn't have bid for Swinton. He surely realises that they are a club that will be lucky to get attendances a tenth of those Salford get.

Perhaps Dr Koukash is interested in Swinton as he might intend to use it as some kind of feeder club for Salford.  Swinton supporters will be in a better position to comment.

Edited by chrisl1, 13 March 2014 - 02:14 PM.

#37 hindle xiii

hindle xiii
  • Coach
  • 21,171 posts

Posted 13 March 2014 - 02:14 PM

Also, Bradford need an owner that can come and give without taking, so Mandy is perfect.

(Don't worry, I had my coat on as I wrote that)

Nice.

*doffs cap*

If you use "should of", "would of" or "could of", you are a moron.

On Odsal Top baht 'at.

#38 GIANTSTRIDES

GIANTSTRIDES
  • Coach
  • 1,610 posts

Posted 13 March 2014 - 02:16 PM

Hope this all comes about, It's the best "and probably the only thing" that will get the Bulls back where they want to be, All a bit early days of course but if it does go through I hope there is a plan to leave Odsal, Lot easier said than done but still i hope it does happen.

Bulls fans deserve some good news, and to be honest i have never seen them as bad news as regards games, crowds etc.  It has been getting silly lately but that's hardly the fans fault.

Dont expect anything from a pig but a grunt

#39 MrPosh

MrPosh
  • Coach
  • 3,289 posts

Posted 13 March 2014 - 02:19 PM

It is not old fashioned to see Koulash as the éminence grise in this.

Not at all and I'm struggling to see past that (although I'm not convinced that's a bad thing).

Nonetheless, it's not really a reason to patronise his wife.

People called Romans they go the house

#40 Les Tonks Sidestep

Les Tonks Sidestep
  • Coach
  • 1,584 posts

Posted 13 March 2014 - 02:51 PM

When first buying Salford and saying he wanted to buy the stadium as well, he added that he only wanted it if he could have the retail development too. And with Swinton, his proposal to build a new stadium was only if he could also have the retail development. Seems to be a common thread to me. Bradford appears to be a different kettle of fish, but maybe he wants to get into the landfill business............

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users