Koukash confirms wife’s interest in purchasing Bulls

• Please log in to reply
183 replies to this topic

#41 duffymoon

duffymoon
  • Coach
  • 2,597 posts

Posted 13 March 2014 - 02:59 PM

Can't see it being a problem. If he was just looking to buy big clubs, he wouldn't have bid for Swinton. He surely realises that they are a club that will be lucky to get attendances a tenth of those Salford get.

. his interest in Swinton is subject to having council backing for developing Swinton town centre!

#42 Segovia Carpet

Segovia Carpet
  • Coach
  • 1,419 posts

Posted 13 March 2014 - 03:03 PM

I have said to a number of people that Dr K is first & foremost a Property Developer & I am sure Odsal will see a change in the next 5 years one way or other.  Good luck to the good ship `Mandy`.

#43 zorquif

zorquif
  • Coach
  • 1,620 posts

Posted 13 March 2014 - 03:50 PM

Surely if they got divorced he would keep salford an she would keep bradford. As it is her who is doen as buyin it and would be the owner.

Of course. Excuse me, I was being a div.

#44 Bulliac

Bulliac
  • Coach
  • 2,727 posts

Posted 13 March 2014 - 03:57 PM

Fortunately, it's now 2014 and not 1894, so your old fashioned rubbish rather misses the point.

Beat me too it.....

No team is an island.........................................

http://www.flickr.co...s/31337109@N03/

#45 Bulliac

Bulliac
  • Coach
  • 2,727 posts

Posted 13 March 2014 - 04:08 PM

When first buying Salford and saying he wanted to buy the stadium as well, he added that he only wanted it if he could have the retail development too. And with Swinton, his proposal to build a new stadium was only if he could also have the retail development. Seems to be a common thread to me. Bradford appears to be a different kettle of fish, but maybe he wants to get into the landfill business............

The Odsal site is massive. You could build a large trading estate on it a and still have room for the stadium. The old 'superdome' plan, which was kicked back by the government, was dependent on retail being built on the site alongside the rugby stadium so it wouldn't mean much to the fans and would probably be welcomed by the council [who still own the site, despite many believing itm is the RFL], especially if there were jobs attached.

No team is an island.........................................

http://www.flickr.co...s/31337109@N03/

#46 zorquif

zorquif
  • Coach
  • 1,620 posts

Posted 13 March 2014 - 04:37 PM

Just a minute. That is on the assumption that they don't have a joint account, right?

#47 Lounge Room Lizard

Lounge Room Lizard
  • Coach
  • 6,506 posts

Posted 13 March 2014 - 04:44 PM

Personally I dont think a couple should be allowed to own/control 2 different clubs.It just opens up the possibility of manipulation. Whats to stop the clubs doing deals behind closed doors and manipulating things? Its something the RFL for me would have to look into very carefully. If the rumours are true on Swinton, Oldham and now Bradford thats 4 Clubs Koukash would have control over and could use to his benefit. 

#48 keighley

keighley
  • Coach
  • 5,813 posts

Posted 13 March 2014 - 05:14 PM

2. Why be offensive in relation to Gary and Kath?

3. She is married to the man, not dangling from strings held by him. Also, The Married Women's Property Act of 1893 saw to it that the club will belong to Mrs K and her property will remain her own. No more do we, or our property, belong to our husband once marriage has commenced, except in the psyche of the patriarchy.

4. Good on Sally Bolton for proving to you that perhaps women are capable of operating in a man's world. Welcome to 2014.

2. Why am I being offensive ? I am saying that having two people in one family with one a woman being heavily involved in two separate clubs did not prove to be a problem with the Hetheringtons and so this will probably be the case with Koukash and spouse.
How you find offense there is beyond me.

3. I think the inference is that of collusion between the two parties in the marriage to the advantage of either club as against the interests of the rest of the league. Despite any Victorian Acts of Parliament, if two people are in a good marriage, they will be a partnership and may very well act in concert to improve their businesses or finances or anything which improves their lot in life.

4. You have taken entirely the wrong slant on my comments re Sally Bolton. She didn't need to prove anything to me re the competency of women. I was already very well aware of it and have been in 2014 for many years. I was holding her up as a shining example of what women can achieve as regards her work on the World Cup, the inference being that Mrs Khoukash could well work wonders at Bradford if she has similar levels of expertise and competency.

#49 Loiner

Loiner
  • Coach
  • 331 posts

Posted 13 March 2014 - 06:01 PM

For me its no more a conflict of interest than the situation at Leeds and Wakey with Gary and Kath Hetherington. 

Best of luck to Mrs Koukash.

Gary and Kath don't own the clubs they work at unlike Mr & Mrs Koukash will. Anyway on a cynical note wait while Salford have nothing to play for and Bradford have to win to stay up if they play each other at a crucial time of the season. Or am I looking ay that from the wrong angle?

#50 Dave T

Dave T
  • Coach
  • 15,688 posts

Posted 13 March 2014 - 07:18 PM

Reading his comments on Sky Sports News, this should not be allowed.

He clearly says "we" and "our" when referring to the bid.

#51 Dave T

Dave T
  • Coach
  • 15,688 posts

Posted 13 March 2014 - 07:22 PM

Having finished reading the article, i think the bloke cant help himself. To say she would look at the legalities of the 6pt deduction is insane if she is looking to buy the club. How does he expect the RFL to ratify the bid when he is already talking about legal action?

#52 Middleman

Middleman
  • Coach
  • 206 posts

Posted 13 March 2014 - 07:45 PM

When first buying Salford and saying he wanted to buy the stadium as well, he added that he only wanted it if he could have the retail development too. And with Swinton, his proposal to build a new stadium was only if he could also have the retail development. Seems to be a common thread to me. Bradford appears to be a different kettle of fish, but maybe he wants to get into the landfill business............

It's difficult to have a reference point to gauge the actions of the koukash's, they are so far off the scale , in ambition , in behaviour in their interaction with the fans , just when you think you have there measure or motive something like this happens .  

In answer to the retail element , the Dr was advised by Graham Lowe - and the ex NZRL boss Andrew Chalmers early on , the Ex CFO of the NRL was hired , and very early on - even before the takeover was complete they stressed a viable club had to have outside income other than purely rugby activity to be truely viable , that means owning the stadium you play in so that it's earning for 52 weeks a year , not 13, also retail/ Social / Hotels  to capitalise on site . successful clubs -  in all sports - get more income from outside activities , and it's a standard business model in the NRL , so rather than point to ulterior movtives every ensuing enquiry he's made has tried to tie in a ground - retail element .  

#53 Middleman

Middleman
  • Coach
  • 206 posts

Posted 13 March 2014 - 07:53 PM

Having finished reading the article, i think the bloke cant help himself. To say she would look at the legalities of the 6pt deduction is insane if she is looking to buy the club. How does he expect the RFL to ratify the bid when he is already talking about legal action?

Well Dave T , they ratified the OK Bulls takeover & Moore's ...

I'm a Salford Fan and not exactly comfortable with his mrs playing about in the Odsal sandpit, but honestly which of the 5 reported bids would be the safest financially for the bradford fans ?  

#54 Doghead

Doghead
  • Coach
  • 1,052 posts

Posted 13 March 2014 - 07:53 PM

Marwan and Mandy have just been interviewed on Sky Sports News live from their home in Rainford, Marwan said they have been in full contact with the RFL over the bid for Bradford, and the bid has gone in.

#55 Gerri Monside

Gerri Monside
  • Coach
  • 321 posts

Posted 13 March 2014 - 08:00 PM

I take it then you were equally skeptical when McManus and his buddy arrived at Saints' door in 2002?  We were over 2 mill in debt and on the verge of administration.  They came along and saved the club.

His buddy returned to the far east, but McManus is still here.  And we now have a shiny new stadium.

Sometimes saviours do exist and they do stick around.

McManus might be an exception.  He's certainly proved to be very good to Saints.  Must admit his takeover passed me by completely - didn't realise he'd been around quite so long. Also, he doesn't seem to be a self-publicising loudmouth like the doctor.  

It's quite possible that I've got Koukash completely wrong, but I just have a deep-rooted suspicion of the last minute saviours.  He's a businessman and ultimately will want to make money. Can't really see how he'll do that at Salford, but again I'm more than happy to be proved wrong.

It's an easy kick for the lad but, as we say in Rugby League, there's no easy kicks.

@IanLancaster65

#56 duffymoon

duffymoon
  • Coach
  • 2,597 posts

Posted 13 March 2014 - 08:02 PM

It's difficult to have a reference point to gauge the actions of the koukash's, they are so far off the scale , in ambition , in behaviour in their interaction with the fans , just when you think you have there measure or motive something like this happens .  
In answer to the retail element , the Dr was advised by Graham Lowe - and the ex NZRL boss Andrew Chalmers early on , the Ex CFO of the NRL was hired , and very early on - even before the takeover was complete they stressed a viable club had to have outside income other than purely rugby activity to be truely viable , that means owning the stadium you play in so that it's earning for 52 weeks a year , not 13, also retail/ Social / Hotels  to capitalise on site . successful clubs -  in all sports - get more income from outside activities , and it's a standard business model in the NRL , so rather than point to ulterior movtives every ensuing enquiry he's made has tried to tie in a ground - retail element .

. Yes his bid for Swinton is dependant on Salford Council allowing him to develop retail outlets in Swinton town centre as well as giving him land to build a stadium.

#57 Dave T

Dave T
  • Coach
  • 15,688 posts

Posted 13 March 2014 - 08:09 PM

Well Dave T , they ratified the OK Bulls takeover & Moore's ...
I'm a Salford Fan and not exactly comfortable with his mrs playing about in the Odsal sandpit, but honestly which of the 5 reported bids would be the safest financially for the bradford fans ?

i think the difference is that they generally look at whether they are dodgy or not, which I dont think the Bulls blokes were, but this one throws up questions of the compeyitions integrity. I dont know the rules, as lets be honest, borrowing players from clubs in the same division brings up questions of integrity, but withcomments like this, Koukash will struggle to convince people he has no say in the Bulls ownership, which could be very dangerous.

#58 Padge

Padge
  • Coach
  • 18,273 posts

Posted 13 March 2014 - 08:25 PM

Oh just let them get on with it.

Just make sure that all dealings between the two clubs, i.e. regarding any transfers, have to be thoroughly scrutinised by the RFL to make sure players are exchanged at true market value.

Visit my photography site www.padge.smugmug.com
Radio 5 Live: Saturday 14 April 2007
Dave Whelan "In Wigan rugby will always be king"

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.

#59 1976PMJwires

1976PMJwires
  • Coach
  • 9,640 posts

Posted 13 March 2014 - 08:34 PM

My question - why didn't Koukash buy Bulls in the first place??

Let's see what happens, I think the RFL will be worried about the situation after Mr K being so out spoken ! That's my opinion

#60 terrywebbisgod

terrywebbisgod
  • Coach
  • 8,592 posts

Posted 13 March 2014 - 08:39 PM

Let the Kockrashes buy the Bulls,it'll take away the heat from the Hetheringtons!

Cannibal chiefs chew Camembert cheese,cos chewing keeps them cheeky.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users