Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 400 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, 38 years of history from Open Rugby to the present day.
Click here for the digital edition to read online via smartphone, tablet and desktop devices including iPhone, iPad, Android & Kindle HD.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 400
/ View a Gallery of all 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 400
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Koukash confirms wife’s interest in purchasing Bulls

• Please log in to reply
183 replies to this topic

#141 shrek

shrek
  • Coach
  • 5,833 posts

Posted 17 March 2014 - 11:15 AM

The assumption is that he told her that she was buying a rugby league club called Bradford Bulls.

My mind keeps coming back to how that would play out in our house, I think if I did that, my good lady would have bought a Union club to put me back in my place!

#142 Les Tonks Sidestep

Les Tonks Sidestep
  • Coach
  • 1,561 posts

Posted 17 March 2014 - 01:01 PM

My mind keeps coming back to how that would play out in our house, I think if I did that, my good lady would have bought a Union club to put me back in my place!

Just because you're 'under the thumb' doesn't mean that everyone is :king:

#143 Viking Warrior

Viking Warrior
  • Coach
  • 4,969 posts

Posted 17 March 2014 - 01:30 PM

so the doctor will have 2 teams to slate on twitter..............if he really cares so much about the game then why doesn't he help folly lane juniors? they are appealing for 11000 ponds to pay their ground rent!!! and the are linked to salford red devils as well.

Edited by Viking Warrior, 17 March 2014 - 01:32 PM.

"Why is Napoleon crying ?" said one sailor to the other, "poor ###### thinks he's being exiled to st helens" came the reply.

https://scontent-a-l...276002364_n.jpg

#144 Amber Avenger

Amber Avenger
  • Coach
  • 5,665 posts

Posted 17 March 2014 - 01:35 PM

I can't see Nigel Wood allowing Mandy Koukash to take on the Bulls after what he said in his article in this month's RLW mag.

Just read this interview, and I don't know where you got that idea from - he has a go at the doc shooting his mouth off without thinking sometimes but that's about it. Quite a leap to suggest that IMO, unless I missed something major.

Maybe for another topic, but the interview with Nigel Wood really is worth reading on it's own merits. Some interesting viewpoints.

SQL Honours
Play off mini league winner - 2002. Bronze Medalist - 2003. Big Split Group Winner - 2006. Minor Stupidship - 2005, 2006. Cup Silver Medalist - 2008, 2009
CHAMPION - 2005, 2009, 2010

#145 MrPosh

MrPosh
  • Coach
  • 3,051 posts

Posted 17 March 2014 - 02:02 PM

so the doctor will have 2 teams to slate on twitter..............if he really cares so much about the game then why doesn't he help folly lane juniors? they are appealing for 11000 ponds to pay their ground rent!!! and the are linked to salford red devils as well.

That's a lot of fish.

People called Romans they go the house

#146 Viking Warrior

Viking Warrior
  • Coach
  • 4,969 posts

Posted 17 March 2014 - 03:58 PM

typical dulls fan......it was meant to be pounds

"Why is Napoleon crying ?" said one sailor to the other, "poor ###### thinks he's being exiled to st helens" came the reply.

https://scontent-a-l...276002364_n.jpg

#147 hindle xiii

hindle xiii
  • Coach
  • 20,973 posts

Posted 17 March 2014 - 04:19 PM

Typical Widnes fan, neglecting the fish.

thumb_bb-simpsons_blinky.jpg

2826856.jpg?type=articleLandscape

On Odsal Top baht 'at.

#148 Amber Avenger

Amber Avenger
  • Coach
  • 5,665 posts

Posted 17 March 2014 - 04:21 PM

VW makes a good point - if the Bulls hadn't introduced mandatory spelling tests on the gate, maybe the crowds wouldn't have dropped so much.

SQL Honours
Play off mini league winner - 2002. Bronze Medalist - 2003. Big Split Group Winner - 2006. Minor Stupidship - 2005, 2006. Cup Silver Medalist - 2008, 2009
CHAMPION - 2005, 2009, 2010

#149 Tiny Tim

Tiny Tim
  • Coach
  • 6,879 posts

Posted 17 March 2014 - 04:33 PM

I thought Mr Koukash was looking to buy a load of high profile union players himself for Salford to get one over on RU...buying a whole club would really rub their noses in it. Perhaps he could buy Sale RU.

28m391z.jpg

#150 MrPosh

MrPosh
  • Coach
  • 3,051 posts

Posted 17 March 2014 - 04:41 PM

I thought Mr Koukash was looking to buy a load of high profile union players himself for Salford to get one over on RU...buying a whole club would really rub their noses in it. Perhaps he could buy Sale RU.

That's a genius idea.

Has anybody told him?

#151 MrPosh

MrPosh
  • Coach
  • 3,051 posts

Posted 17 March 2014 - 04:55 PM

typical dulls fan......it was meant to be pounds

Was it? I really did think you meant ponds.

Oh, and Dulls? RLFans is that-a-way -------------------------->

#152 Konkrete

Konkrete
  • Coach
  • 1,956 posts

Posted 17 March 2014 - 05:50 PM

Was it? I really did think you meant ponds.

Oh, and Dulls? RLFans is that-a-way -------------------------->

Good job he didn't spot your use of the word genius rather than ingenious then.
Integrity is shown when no-one is looking.

#153 Grollo

Grollo
  • Banned
  • 310 posts

Posted 17 March 2014 - 06:14 PM

Nice of you to see smaller picture. ;)

What you are aware of you are in control of; what you are not aware of is in control of you.

#154 Middleton Bull

Middleton Bull
  • Coach
  • 2,112 posts

Posted 17 March 2014 - 09:18 PM

Just read this interview, and I don't know where you got that idea from - he has a go at the doc shooting his mouth off without thinking sometimes but that's about it. Quite a leap to suggest that IMO, unless I missed something major.

Maybe for another topic, but the interview with Nigel Wood really is worth reading on it's own merits. Some interesting viewpoints.

Wasn't it Nigel Wood who got Koukash interested in taking over a League club in the first place

#155 binosh

binosh
  • Players
  • 44 posts

Posted 17 March 2014 - 09:57 PM

Its just another way around the salary cap, double if you will, Bradford Bulls announce the signings for example of of George North, Kyle Eastmond & Josh Charnley on their salary cap.

Bradford immediately loan them out to the devils.

#156 tigersfan

tigersfan
  • Coach
  • 103 posts

Posted 17 March 2014 - 10:58 PM

Does he have any more relatives? Children, uncles, aunts? He could buy the lot

#157 Blind side johnny

Blind side johnny
  • Coach
  • 8,980 posts

Posted 18 March 2014 - 08:29 AM

Did anyone watch the brief interview with Mrs Koukash on Look North last night? She couldn't even remember the name of the club that she so passionately wants to buy and struggled to remember the sport that she so loves.

This is so obviously a takeover by the good doctor which must contravene RFL regulations, surely?

Believe what you see, don't see what you believe.

John Ray (1627 - 1705)

#158 Derwent

Derwent
  • Coach
  • 7,790 posts

Posted 18 March 2014 - 08:58 AM

Their joint interview on SSN was cringeworthy to say the least. She clearly hasn't got the foggiest about any of it.....

http://www1.skysport...ms-bradford-bid
Super Clarty Git Amang It Dip Fer Dippin Owt In

#159 Les Tonks Sidestep

Les Tonks Sidestep
  • Coach
  • 1,561 posts

Posted 18 March 2014 - 09:22 AM

Did anyone watch the brief interview with Mrs Koukash on Look North last night? She couldn't even remember the name of the club that she so passionately wants to buy and struggled to remember the sport that she so loves.

This is so obviously a takeover by the good doctor which must contravene RFL regulations, surely?

Come on the Boils......

#160 League Express

League Express
  • 1,029 posts

Posted 18 March 2014 - 11:06 AM

A new twist has emerged in the race to take control of the Bradford Bulls, with Mandy Koukash suggesting on social media that she has failed in her bid to assume control of the club.
http://www.totalrl.c...d-bradford-bid/

League Express is Britain's biggest selling Rugby League publication
On sale every Monday, in shops, on subscription and online for PC/MAC, iPad, iPhone, Android & Kindle Fire.
Follow us on Twitter @leagueexpress
Like us on Facebook - www.facebook.com/rugbyleagueexpress

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users