Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 400 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, 38 years of history from Open Rugby to the present day.
Click here for the digital edition to read online via smartphone, tablet and desktop devices including iPhone, iPad, Android & Kindle HD.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 400
/ View a Gallery of all 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 400
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Koukash confirms wife’s interest in purchasing Bulls

• Please log in to reply
183 replies to this topic

#161 Doghead

Doghead
  • Coach
  • 1,037 posts

Posted 18 March 2014 - 11:07 AM

Mandy has had her bid Knocked back, Someone has bid more for the club. (Twitter)

#162 Amber Avenger

Amber Avenger
  • Coach
  • 5,661 posts

Posted 18 March 2014 - 11:12 AM

I'm not going to lie, despite trying not to get carried away it's a huge disappointment. Nothing to say she won't come aboard anyway, but personally I think that's a long shot. Good luck to whoever it is, as to be honest they will surely feel a bit undermined after the carry on of the past few days.

SQL Honours
Play off mini league winner - 2002. Bronze Medalist - 2003. Big Split Group Winner - 2006. Minor Stupidship - 2005, 2006. Cup Silver Medalist - 2008, 2009
CHAMPION - 2005, 2009, 2010

#163 hindle xiii

hindle xiii
  • Coach
  • 20,962 posts

Posted 18 March 2014 - 11:14 AM

The plot thickens...

2826856.jpg?type=articleLandscape

On Odsal Top baht 'at.

#164 Ackroman

Ackroman
  • Coach
  • 1,769 posts

Posted 18 March 2014 - 11:23 AM

Mandy has had her bid Knocked back, Someone has bid more for the club. (Twitter)

For some unknown reason my eyes were drawn to Mandy has had her big Knockers back.

I hope she can cope with the criticism

Edited by Ackroman, 18 March 2014 - 11:23 AM.

#165 Blind side johnny

Blind side johnny
  • Coach
  • 8,975 posts

Posted 18 March 2014 - 11:28 AM

I'm not going to lie, despite trying not to get carried away it's a huge disappointment. Nothing to say she won't come aboard anyway, but personally I think that's a long shot. Good luck to whoever it is, as to be honest they will surely feel a bit undermined after the carry on of the past few days.

Undermined by whom?

There were a number of bids submitted, allegedly, but the decision about which one to favour would lie entirely with the administrator. Whether his choice would be acceptable to the RFL is another matter entirely.

Believe what you see, don't see what you believe.

John Ray (1627 - 1705)

#166 Amber Avenger

Amber Avenger
  • Coach
  • 5,661 posts

Posted 18 March 2014 - 11:38 AM

What I mean is it’s hard to win the fans over now. Mr. Newbie comes in (if indeed it is someone who is new), and it’s hard to hit the ground running when the Doc and his wife played a very public game of “look at what you could have won”.

SQL Honours
Play off mini league winner - 2002. Bronze Medalist - 2003. Big Split Group Winner - 2006. Minor Stupidship - 2005, 2006. Cup Silver Medalist - 2008, 2009
CHAMPION - 2005, 2009, 2010

#167 Dave T

Dave T
  • Coach
  • 14,104 posts

Posted 18 March 2014 - 12:30 PM

A new twist has emerged in the race to take control of the Bradford Bulls, with Mandy Koukash suggesting on social media that she has failed in her bid to assume control of the club.
http://www.totalrl.c...d-bradford-bid/

What does this line mean?

The decision to opt against Mandy Koukash though, seems a particularly strange one.

Why is is strange? If she didn't bid enough, she didn't bid enough. I find the line a particularly strange one tbh.

#168 Johnoco

Johnoco
  • Coach
  • 19,610 posts

Posted 18 March 2014 - 12:36 PM

So who is the other party?

No I don't care if you're if you're into different bands

No cause for so much hatred, I'm just a different man

Pull off that cover, I will too, and learn to understand

With music deep inside we'll make world unity our plan

7 Seconds -Walk Together, Rock Together

#169 Ackroman

Ackroman
  • Coach
  • 1,769 posts

Posted 18 March 2014 - 12:56 PM

So who is the other party?

_371217_sutchmain.jpg

#170 GIANTSTRIDES

GIANTSTRIDES
  • Coach
  • 1,556 posts

Posted 18 March 2014 - 02:35 PM

Was it? I really did think you meant ponds.

Oh, and Dulls? RLFans is that-a-way -------------------------->

Have you looked on RL Fans lately,  The Hudd's and  Bulls board is full of what i would describe as Rabid children, All fighting to get one up on each other and following each post with a string of Laughing smileys as though that made them funny,  What a sorry bunch.

Dont expect anything from a pig but a grunt

#171 GIANTSTRIDES

GIANTSTRIDES
  • Coach
  • 1,556 posts

Posted 18 March 2014 - 02:54 PM

What I mean is it’s hard to win the fans over now. Mr. Newbie comes in (if indeed it is someone who is new), and it’s hard to hit the ground running when the Doc and his wife played a very public game of “look at what you could have won”.

I know what you mean here, I think It's because of the amount of money MK has, I am feeling disappointed and I'm not a Bulls fan (as it were ).

It's probably unfair as well because whoever gets the club may ultimately be the better option in the long term. I noted the bit about possibly working with the new owner, I don't put much store in that myself, MK doesn't strike me as being a sharer.

Whoever the new owners are i wish them well and hope a priority is to get away from Odsal, Build steady , and with their fan base they can get back to where they want to be,  A stadium something like Warrington would be ideal.

#172 rushend

rushend
  • Players
  • 5 posts

Posted 18 March 2014 - 03:21 PM

don't suppose she can be convinced to buy the Broncos?

I'm being completely serious by the way. As a Broncos fan my judgement is probably a little clouded here (to say the least), but I would only be able to see this as an incredibly positive move for the game as a whole.

#173 GIANTSTRIDES

GIANTSTRIDES
  • Coach
  • 1,556 posts

Posted 18 March 2014 - 03:34 PM

I'm being completely serious by the way. As a Broncos fan my judgement is probably a little clouded here (to say the least), but I would only be able to see this as an incredibly positive move for the game as a whole.

It would be nice if that came off.

#174 MrPosh

MrPosh
  • Coach
  • 3,047 posts

Posted 18 March 2014 - 03:49 PM

Have you looked on RL Fans lately,  The Hudd's and  Bulls board is full of what i would describe as Rabid children, All fighting to get one up on each other and following each post with a string of Laughing smileys as though that made them funny,  What a sorry bunch.

I usually find the Bulls board to be a reasonable place. However, there are regular visitors from other clubs who make the place quite poisonous sometimes (and I'm sure this can be more than reciprocated, but I don't check). The VT is just crazy - it's like all the world's unstable people put together in a large, padded room.

People called Romans they go the house

#175 Futtocks

Futtocks
  • Coach
  • 19,741 posts

Posted 18 March 2014 - 04:20 PM

If she's really serious about owning a Rugby League club, I wouldn't mind her taking over Broncos either.

A mind is like a parachute. It doesn’t work if it isn’t open. Frank Zappa (1940 - 1993)

#176 GIANTSTRIDES

GIANTSTRIDES
  • Coach
  • 1,556 posts

Posted 18 March 2014 - 05:21 PM

I usually find the Bulls board to be a reasonable place. However, there are regular visitors from other clubs who make the place quite poisonous sometimes (and I'm sure this can be more than reciprocated, but I don't check). The VT is just crazy - it's like all the world's unstable people put together in a large, padded room.

Totally agree mate, there are one or two on the Giants board who try and give a fair post, But when they start with the cross board stuff, It's pure Dross.

Iv'e never posted on there but i do look from time to time, At the moment It's not worth the look.

#177 MamaKangaroo

MamaKangaroo
  • Coach
  • 142 posts

Posted 18 March 2014 - 08:44 PM

As disappointed as Bullsfans are, if hers wasn't the best bid then surely it's a good thing? It means someone even better is coming which is great!

I was warey of her taking over for the long term. The fact that DrK had stated that she would be buying the club but not getting involved in running it, and her apparent lack if knowledge during tv interviews and DrK's comments on twitter that 'she shares his vision' seemed to me that it was all just a way of getting another guaranteed vote at meetings.

#178 gutterfax

gutterfax
  • Coach
  • 191 posts

Posted 18 March 2014 - 11:10 PM

I have asked both the Dr and His wife directly on Twitter. Now Gus has gone, if we can convince Hughes to walk away, I'd take either of them or any of their relatives from anywhere in the world as owners.......I have had too much of a bloke flushing 2 million a year down the drain with no care if he gets it back or the damage he is doing......better to have investors who see the bigger picture.

#179 back to the future

back to the future
  • Coach
  • 595 posts

Posted 18 March 2014 - 11:24 PM

If she's really serious about owning a Rugby League club, I wouldn't mind her taking over Broncos either.

Would you?
Its a lame duck,no real home,###### support and a ###### team,she may as well throw her/his money down the drain.

#180 gutterfax

gutterfax
  • Coach
  • 191 posts

Posted 19 March 2014 - 12:12 AM

Would you?
Its a lame duck,no real home,###### support and a ###### team,she may as well throw her/his money down the drain.

Hmmm....because it's always about the NOW with RL fans isn't it!

4 Months out from a record breaking erection special want it flipping great world cup, we have no idea of the schedule for the team that came joint 3rd......yep, it's all about the NOW! ;)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users