TotalRL.com Shop Alert: Last Ordering Date for Free Pre-Xmas Delivery within UK: 2pm Thursday 18th December!!
Rugby League Yearbook 2014/15 The Forbidden Game League Express League Express Gift Card Rugby League World Rugby League World Gift Card
Buy Now £14.99 / Kindle Buy Now £14.99 / Kindle Print / Digital Subscription Gift Cards Print / Digital Subscription Gift Cards

Photo
- - - - -

West Hull

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 Blind side johnny

Blind side johnny
  • Coach
  • 9,753 posts

Posted 13 March 2014 - 08:29 PM

I would hesitate to predict a score for this game other than to say that we should win it comfortably, eventually.

I would be interested in the fans' predictions for the side to be selected however. I believe that GM will give a significant number of the fringe players a run out, with a fair chance of rest and recovery for key personnel. I would expect to see Lillycrop, Wright, Tonks and Farrell get a run out with possible opportunities for others depending upon availability.

What say you?

Believe what you see, don't see what you believe.

John Ray (1627 - 1705)

#2 JimbobRam

JimbobRam
  • Coach
  • 444 posts

Posted 13 March 2014 - 08:37 PM

West hull are the best amateur team about and can not be taken lightly they've won there first two games and are no pushovers lol.
We should win though.
Here goes
Sheriff
Robinson
Beckett
Grady
Buchanan
Hyde
Thackeray
Dowes
Godwin
Hepworth
Walshaw
Hale
Brown
Subs
Wright
Farrell
Aizue
Lillycrop
I'd rest the both wingers give pryce a week as I think looks unfit. Drop Hemingway give Nash spicer and Gallagher the week off.
I'd give Lillycrop is first run in place of haggerty.
Always would give young Farrell a young was impressed with him pre season.

#3 DEWSBURY TIL I DIE

DEWSBURY TIL I DIE
  • Coach
  • 2,403 posts

Posted 14 March 2014 - 10:16 AM

Agree with jimmys team me.

#4 Davo5

Davo5
  • Coach
  • 505 posts

Posted 14 March 2014 - 10:59 AM

Watch out if it goes to extra time!

#5 Blind side johnny

Blind side johnny
  • Coach
  • 9,753 posts

Posted 14 March 2014 - 11:47 AM

West hull are the best amateur team about and can not be taken lightly they've won there first two games and are no pushovers lol.
We should win though.
Here goes
Sheriff
Robinson
Beckett
Grady
Buchanan
Hyde
Thackeray
Dowes
Godwin
Hepworth
Walshaw
Hale
Brown
Subs
Wright
Farrell
Aizue
Lillycrop
I'd rest the both wingers give pryce a week as I think looks unfit. Drop Hemingway give Nash spicer and Gallagher the week off.
I'd give Lillycrop is first run in place of haggerty.
Always would give young Farrell a young was impressed with him pre season.

Seems a good lineup. Is Aizue fit again?

Believe what you see, don't see what you believe.

John Ray (1627 - 1705)

#6 DEWSBURY TIL I DIE

DEWSBURY TIL I DIE
  • Coach
  • 2,403 posts

Posted 14 March 2014 - 01:35 PM

I'd probs rest aizue again for Sheffield, along with prycey, swop Greg Scott and Morton with Buchanan and Robinson to give the latter 2 a game. Also rest Nash and haggarty, replace them with Lillycrop and dowes to give them a runout. Replace Farrell with spicer to rest spicer and also give becket wrighty and walshaw a match. I'd also keep Grayston for sheriff to have another look at him. So all in all I'd rest sheriff, Scott, Morton, pryce, nash, haggarty, Hemingway, spicer and aizue

#7 Crown Flatter

Crown Flatter
  • Coach
  • 1,710 posts

Posted 15 March 2014 - 07:30 PM

Assuming the following players are fit and including the two newcomers, here is my selection:

1 Grayston
2 Robinson
3 Beckett
4 Grady
5 Buchanan
6 Brown
7 Thackeray
8 Lillycrop
9 Wright
10 Dowes
11 Walshaw
12 Farrell
13 Tonks

14 Scott
15 Gallagher
16 Aizue
17 Hyde

18 Haggarty
Legs, Dews, Legs.

#8 Crown Flatter

Crown Flatter
  • Coach
  • 1,710 posts

Posted 16 March 2014 - 10:55 AM

For a prediction today I will say:

Dewsbury 42 - 10 West Hull

Att: a miserly 580.

Dewsbury's opening try scorer: Brown.
Legs, Dews, Legs.

#9 DEWSBURY TIL I DIE

DEWSBURY TIL I DIE
  • Coach
  • 2,403 posts

Posted 16 March 2014 - 11:01 AM

Rams 48 west hull 10 first try Buchanan and Att 503. Poor gates allround in challenge cup yet again. 700 only at Leigh. 400 keighley. 300 batley... How can the rugby league and clubs improve this????

#10 coolie

coolie
  • Coach
  • 3,858 posts

Posted 16 March 2014 - 11:07 AM

Attitudes need to change

Slow start resulting 46-14 victory

Poor 595 att

Morton or Brown first scorer depending if playing

No coolie in attendance due to serving the 2nd game of a 2 match ban

:(

#11 Ossy

Ossy
  • Coach
  • 1,402 posts

Posted 16 March 2014 - 11:48 AM

Well in three hours or so Sheila and I will be there in our usual spot in The South Stand. We should win, though I'm not going to forecast any result - it's too much like tempting fate for my liking. I'll be interested to see what team Morro puts out though. I guess Lucas Walshaw is pretty much guaranteed a place, and I'll be interested to see how he goes today.  

I'd also like to welcome West Hull and their supporters to The Rams Stadium. Looks like it's going to be sunny and dry. There's a fair old breeze blowing in this part of the world though, and you know what our place is like in the wind, so I reckon we'll have our moments of uncertainty. Looking forward to it!

Ossy

#12 Shipley Ram

Shipley Ram
  • Coach
  • 284 posts

Posted 16 March 2014 - 12:49 PM

Rams 68 West Hull 8

First scorer Morton
RUGBY LEAGUE IS MY RELIGION.
CROWN FLATT IS MY CHURCH.

#13 FarOutRam

FarOutRam
  • Coach
  • 241 posts

Posted 16 March 2014 - 06:48 PM

Not many there today! Straightforward win really on a blustery old afternoon. Well done to all those who turned up.

#14 JimbobRam

JimbobRam
  • Coach
  • 444 posts

Posted 16 March 2014 - 06:52 PM

Very good professional performance from the boys today saying that west hull are the best amateurs about. Thought young Joel Farrell was immense again he's impressed me every match he's played. Defo desverses a spot in the 17 for Sheffield next week.

#15 DEWSBURY TIL I DIE

DEWSBURY TIL I DIE
  • Coach
  • 2,403 posts

Posted 16 March 2014 - 07:35 PM

Not many there today! Straightforward win really on a blustery old afternoon. Well done to all those who turned up.

not many at every match in this round.. Not exactly a glammer tie today

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users