Photo
- - - - -

Is James Roberts coming to a club near you?

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#1 The Future is League

The Future is League
  • Coach
  • 6,072 posts

Posted 14 March 2014 - 10:41 AM

A very talented young player, but appears to have a problem with drink. He could be worth a gamble for the right club.

http://www.courierma...t-1226855168442

#2 walter sobchak

walter sobchak
  • Coach
  • 1,975 posts

Posted 14 March 2014 - 10:52 AM

London broncos?

#3 The Future is League

The Future is League
  • Coach
  • 6,072 posts

Posted 14 March 2014 - 11:03 AM

London broncos?

They would have nothing to lose.

Edited by The Future is League, 14 March 2014 - 11:04 AM.

#4 londonrlfan

londonrlfan
  • Coach
  • 1,031 posts

Posted 14 March 2014 - 11:04 AM

No, I'm sick of these Aussie troublemakers trying to hide out here when they've been dropped by their sides. Also signing an Australian winger is just a waste, there are plenty of good young wingers here already. 

#5 northamptoncougar

northamptoncougar
  • Coach
  • 310 posts

Posted 14 March 2014 - 05:38 PM

Agreed

#6 Colly

Colly
  • Players
  • 31 posts

Posted 14 March 2014 - 05:43 PM

I think the majority of clubs are getting wiser to this nowadays . They have all been bitten and money is also tighter at the clubs likely to be looking.
Better to leave well alone and promote young British/French talent.

#7 latchford albion

latchford albion
  • Coach
  • 384 posts

Posted 14 March 2014 - 09:00 PM

No, I'm sick of these Aussie troublemakers trying to hide out here when they've been dropped by their sides. Also signing an Australian winger is just a waste, there are plenty of good young wingers here already. 

I generally agree with both these points, but Joel Monaghan has been a great signing by Warrington.

#8 CGD

CGD
  • Coach
  • 1,080 posts

Posted 15 March 2014 - 02:54 AM

Wow. Roberts is some player. I think the Raiders should at least have a talk with him. We've had enough of trouble makers though.

#9 The Big Gun

The Big Gun
  • Coach
  • 439 posts

Posted 15 March 2014 - 08:14 AM

Super League clubs are in no position to turn down a player of Roberts' quality in the unlikely event he's not picked up by another NRL team.

#10 9' oller

9' oller
  • Coach
  • 3,717 posts

Posted 15 March 2014 - 10:24 AM

How arrogant big gun.
We at mercy of nrl then.
Have some pride

The most unfashionable yet over achieving mutts around

#11 The Big Gun

The Big Gun
  • Coach
  • 439 posts

Posted 15 March 2014 - 05:37 PM

How arrogant big gun.
We at mercy of nrl then.
Have some pride

Arrogant? It's just realistic. I suggest you do a straw poll of Wire fans and see how many are upset they signed Joel Monaghan.

#12 londonrlfan

londonrlfan
  • Coach
  • 1,031 posts

Posted 15 March 2014 - 09:08 PM

Arrogant? It's just realistic. I suggest you do a straw poll of Wire fans and see how many are upset they signed Joel Monaghan.

Yes let's not have any dignity as a sport because some NRL player has been badly behaving again and has been booted out by their club. The way some clubs were desperate to sign Greg Bird sickened me, not to mention calls fom some fans for Blake Ferguson to be signed to Super League. There's a reason these players have been sacked, not to mention they'll be running off back to the NRL the first chance they get. 

#13 Viking Warrior

Viking Warrior
  • Coach
  • 5,243 posts

Posted 17 March 2014 - 04:05 PM

for every import causing trouble there are ten young lads wanting a chance

"Why is Napoleon crying ?" said one sailor to the other, "poor ###### thinks he's being exiled to st helens" came the reply.

https://scontent-a-l...276002364_n.jpg

#14 The Big Gun

The Big Gun
  • Coach
  • 439 posts

Posted 17 March 2014 - 05:17 PM

for every import causing trouble there are ten young lads wanting a chance

Might as well not get any imports then, hey? I'm sure the ten lads you're referring to would all be of superior quality to players like James Roberts, Greg Bird, Joel Monaghan et al as well?

#15 Viking Warrior

Viking Warrior
  • Coach
  • 5,243 posts

Posted 18 March 2014 - 02:13 PM

at least they will be young british or french players who will be given the chance to improve with proper competition 

"Why is Napoleon crying ?" said one sailor to the other, "poor ###### thinks he's being exiled to st helens" came the reply.

#16 7723

• Coach
  • 768 posts

Posted 18 March 2014 - 02:29 PM

Might as well not get any imports then, hey? I'm sure the ten lads you're referring to would all be of superior quality to players like James Roberts, Greg Bird, Joel Monaghan et al as well?

Sam Tomkins was kept out of the Wigan team by Tim Smith. Smith got injured and look at where Sam is now!!

#17 Viking Warrior

Viking Warrior
  • Coach
  • 5,243 posts

Posted 19 March 2014 - 02:51 PM

tom lineham, ben crooks, joe mellor, johnny lomax, adam swift, jack owens, alex gerrard, all excellent young british talent given the chance to shine by their clubs......i rest my case 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users