TotalRL.com Shop Alert: Last Ordering Date for Free Pre-Xmas Delivery within UK: 2pm Thursday 18th December!!
Rugby League Yearbook 2014/15 The Forbidden Game League Express League Express Gift Card Rugby League World Rugby League World Gift Card
Buy Now £14.99 Buy Now £14.99 / Kindle Print / Digital Subscription Gift Cards Print / Digital Subscription Gift Cards

Photo
- - - - -

14/03/14 - Wigan Warriors v Hull Kingston Rovers KO 8pm (Sky Sports)

• Please log in to reply
75 replies to this topic

Poll: Who will win? (11 member(s) have cast votes)

Who will win?

1. Wigan Warriors (8 votes [72.73%])

Percentage of vote: 72.73%

2. Draw (2 votes [18.18%])

Percentage of vote: 18.18%

3. Hull Kingston Rovers (1 votes [9.09%])

Percentage of vote: 9.09%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 John Drake

John Drake
  • Admin
  • 7,758 posts

Posted 14 March 2014 - 10:43 AM

Discuss the game here:

14/03/14 - Wigan Warriors v Hull Kingston Rovers     KO 8pm (Sky Sports)

John Drake
Site Admin: TotalRL.com
TotalRL.com
Email: john.drake@totalrl.com

#2 Futtocks

Futtocks
  • Coach
  • 21,871 posts

Posted 14 March 2014 - 11:56 AM

Two teams who really need to get their seasons going. This is the Radio 5 Sports Extra commentary game, apparently.

A mind is like a parachute. It doesn’t work if it isn’t open. Frank Zappa (1940 - 1993)

#3 JonNgog

JonNgog
  • Coach
  • 577 posts

Posted 14 March 2014 - 12:00 PM

I predict a bit of a dud game for Sky Sports and Wigan to win at a canter. really hope i'm wrong though:-)

#4 Saintslass

Saintslass
  • Coach
  • 4,786 posts

Posted 14 March 2014 - 12:05 PM

Two teams who really need to get their seasons going. This is the Radio 5 Sports Extra commentary game, apparently.

They are just commentating on the Sky games so far as I can gather.  That's what has happened so far anyway.  I listen to the 5 Live Sports Extra commentary while watching the match with the sound down. Makes for a better viewing experience than listening to Eddie and Stevo's blather.

#5 Simmo

Simmo
  • Banned
  • 548 posts

Posted 14 March 2014 - 12:14 PM

Wigan to struggle.

#6 Exiled Wiganer

Exiled Wiganer
  • Coach
  • 6,345 posts

Posted 14 March 2014 - 12:55 PM

Should be a good game. We only just beat them at home last year, and I think this will be close as well. We should have enough fire power, especially out wide, to see us home. Defence likely to be a worry for a couple weeks longer.

#7 zorquif

zorquif
  • Coach
  • 1,651 posts

Posted 14 March 2014 - 02:13 PM

They are just commentating on the Sky games so far as I can gather.  That's what has happened so far anyway.  I listen to the 5 Live Sports Extra commentary while watching the match with the sound down. Makes for a better viewing experience than listening to Eddie and Stevo's blather.

Is that not kind of bad though? Surely it'd be better generally if the game going on the radio was different to that on the telly?

#8 GIANTSTRIDES

GIANTSTRIDES
  • Coach
  • 1,610 posts

Posted 14 March 2014 - 02:41 PM

Will depend which HKR team turn up really, When they played us they were compleatly outclassed for 40 minutes, and then were the better side in the second half. Wigan came close last week and i think they will just be too good for KR, They won't have M Mc but i don't see that as a big loss, he can be a liabillity at times.

Hope KR turn up with their A game and we get another good one, Wigan to win for me.

Dont expect anything from a pig but a grunt

#9 gingerjon

gingerjon
  • Coach
  • 29,454 posts

Posted 14 March 2014 - 02:42 PM

Is that not kind of bad though? Surely it'd be better generally if the game going on the radio was different to that on the telly?

Other BBC and independent radio commentaries are available.

Cheer up, RL is actually rather good
- Severus, July 2012

#10 Old Frightful

Old Frightful
  • Coach
  • 13,122 posts

Posted 14 March 2014 - 03:06 PM

Other BBC and independent radio commentaries are available.

Including, of course, BBC Radio Humberside who's commentators ensure you hear an entirely different game to what's actually being played out on the park.

(Not forgetting the seemingly endless supply of morons who want to be heard on the post match phone in displaying their lack of intelligence and anything constructive to say.)

Lee Radford rang me the other week....I knew Hull FC were a bit desperate but I had no idea it had got that bad.

#11 walter sobchak

walter sobchak
  • Coach
  • 1,965 posts

Posted 14 March 2014 - 03:15 PM

Isn't there something like a 10-20 second delay?

#12 Scubby

Scubby
  • Coach
  • 4,173 posts

Posted 14 March 2014 - 03:15 PM

This game seems to be on Sky every year, and every year it is a one-sided procession. Who else would have quite fancied some of the other fixtures this weekend?

Wigan should bounce back and win by 24 points after a tight-ish first half.

Edited by Scubby, 14 March 2014 - 03:23 PM.

#13 fieldofclothofgold

fieldofclothofgold
  • Coach
  • 5,865 posts

Posted 14 March 2014 - 03:49 PM

Wigan should win this,if they don't its time to start worrying
but you and I weve been through that and this is not our fate.
So let us so let us not talk falsely now.
The hour is getting late
FROM 2004,TO DO WHAT THIS CLUB HAS DONE,IF THATS NOT GREATNESSTHEN i DONT KNOW WHAT IS.

JAMIE PEACOCK

#14 Ullman

Ullman
  • Coach
  • 7,611 posts

Posted 14 March 2014 - 03:59 PM

Including, of course, BBC Radio Humberside who's commentators ensure you hear an entirely different game to what's actually being played out on the park.

(Not forgetting the seemingly endless supply of morons who want to be heard on the post match phone in displaying their lack of intelligence and anything constructive to say.)

Gwilym Lloyd is always a good listen when Rovers are getting a panelling.

"I own up. I am a serial risk taker. I live in a flood zone, cycle without a helmet, drink alcohol and on Sunday I had bacon for breakfast."

#15 Colly

Colly
  • Players
  • 31 posts

Posted 14 March 2014 - 04:58 PM

As a rule Wigan win at home by hook or by crook! not the team they were last year but still too good for HKR.
Wigan by 10

#16 Exiled Wiganer

Exiled Wiganer
  • Coach
  • 6,345 posts

Posted 14 March 2014 - 05:03 PM

As a rule Wigan are more likely to win away over the last few years. What "hook or crook" did you have in mind?

#17 Colly

Colly
  • Players
  • 31 posts

Posted 14 March 2014 - 05:18 PM

You must have watched a million Wigan games as a fan . As an opposing fan trust me even when you think you have got it won they always contrive to win.

Hence the ancient expression " by hook or by crook" no double meaning intended.

#18 Saintslass

Saintslass
  • Coach
  • 4,786 posts

Posted 14 March 2014 - 06:30 PM

Isn't there something like a 10-20 second delay?

Occasionally there is a delay but not by that much.  Sometimes though the two have been in tandem all the way through.  Either way, I've found the arrangement preferable to listening to Eddie and Stevo.  I also like the way the BBC insert comments recorded earlier from specific players about either what their team might be feeling at a certain stage or how they may make a play, for example when a scrum goes down.  It's novel and adds to the coverage.  Also, it's a bonus that whoever is commentating - and that alternates between Dave Woods and George Riley plus another bloke whose name escapes me - doesn't go on and on about refereeing decisions until you want to poke their eyes out with a blunt instrument.

#19 Ullman

Ullman
  • Coach
  • 7,611 posts

Posted 14 March 2014 - 07:07 PM

Sandercock seems to be working his way through the sitcoms. After last week's 'cunning plan' we've got 'don't panic' this week.

"I own up. I am a serial risk taker. I live in a flood zone, cycle without a helmet, drink alcohol and on Sunday I had bacon for breakfast."

#20 RSN

RSN
  • Coach
  • 4,270 posts

Posted 14 March 2014 - 08:15 PM

My god Hull KRs defence is poor. Gardner really needs to move into the centres or second row getting out paced by Matty Bowen is very poor.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users