TotalRL.com Shop Alert: Last Ordering Date for Free Pre-Xmas Delivery within UK: 2pm Thursday 18th December!!
Rugby League Yearbook 2014/15 The Forbidden Game League Express League Express Gift Card Rugby League World Rugby League World Gift Card
Buy Now £14.99 / Kindle Buy Now £14.99 / Kindle Print / Digital Subscription Gift Cards Print / Digital Subscription Gift Cards

Photo
- - - - -

15/03/14 - London Broncos v Wakefield Trinity Wildcats KO 3pm

• Please log in to reply
58 replies to this topic

Poll: Who will win? (17 member(s) have cast votes)

Who will win?

1. London Broncos (5 votes [29.41%])

Percentage of vote: 29.41%

2. Draw (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

3. Wakefield Trinity Wildcats (12 votes [70.59%])

Percentage of vote: 70.59%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 John Drake

John Drake
  • Admin
  • 7,765 posts

Posted 14 March 2014 - 11:07 AM

Discuss the game here:

15/03/14 - London Broncos v Wakefield Trinity Wildcats KO 3pm

John Drake
Site Admin: TotalRL.com
TotalRL.com
Email: john.drake@totalrl.com

#2 Chronicler of Chiswick

Chronicler of Chiswick
  • Coach
  • 2,549 posts

Posted 14 March 2014 - 12:35 PM

Strangley enough, I quite fancy us to win this - London by 6.

#3 OMEGA

OMEGA
  • Coach
  • 1,386 posts

Posted 14 March 2014 - 01:23 PM

Both teams improving but Wakefield look to have that bit more ability everywhere across the pitch.

London 14 V 34 Wakefield

#4 Rioman

Rioman
  • Coach
  • 374 posts

Posted 14 March 2014 - 01:59 PM

Wakefield by 20

#5 latchford albion

latchford albion
  • Coach
  • 383 posts

Posted 14 March 2014 - 02:32 PM

If London play as they did in the first half against Warrington, then they may have a chance; if they play as they did in the second half, then Wakey will have another easy victory.  I'll go for something in the middle: Broncos 16, Trinity 28.

For the third consecutive time, the Broncos home match coincides with the 6 Nations.  Is there a conspiracy to keep their crowds as low as possible?

#6 Rascal Bongo Stork

Rascal Bongo Stork
  • Coach
  • 468 posts

Posted 14 March 2014 - 03:21 PM

What is this '6 Nations' people speak of? Sounds like a confederation of tribes of Plains Indians. Anyway....will be taking my first visit to see the Broncos this season. Expect nowt but defeat. Nothing different than usual then. Am heartened by accounts of how this years team are all actually trying their hardest so maybe, just maybe....

Laaaaaaahndan!

#7 fieldofclothofgold

fieldofclothofgold
  • Coach
  • 5,865 posts

Posted 14 March 2014 - 04:03 PM

London by 6
but you and I weve been through that and this is not our fate.
So let us so let us not talk falsely now.
The hour is getting late
FROM 2004,TO DO WHAT THIS CLUB HAS DONE,IF THATS NOT GREATNESSTHEN i DONT KNOW WHAT IS.

JAMIE PEACOCK

#8 Eldujo

Eldujo
  • Coach
  • 424 posts

Posted 14 March 2014 - 04:22 PM

Expect Wildcats to win but I'm going to keep on tipping London v the other clubs towards the bottom. I'm bound to be right one week (maybe).

London 20-Wakefield 14

#9 Colly

Colly
  • Players
  • 31 posts

Posted 14 March 2014 - 04:53 PM

London improving but were woeful at Widnes in the first game but plenty of new recruits since.
Wakefield should have too much. Wakey by 10

#10 THE RED ROOSTER

THE RED ROOSTER
  • Coach
  • 2,272 posts

Posted 14 March 2014 - 11:50 PM

Season defining game for both clubs - Both of which see this as a must win game.

Last week London were in uncharted territory being ahead by 2 (note readers) at the half. As Sniffer said afterward,s with a young team it changed the mind set over the break as the players tried to protect the lead rather than executing the game plan that got them the lead in the first place.

Coaches, Players and fans can do  nothing about the ongoing farce that is the off field death throes of the London Broncos. What you can do is control the controllables which is your performance on the field. London are getting better and the players have every incentive to perform well this season as win or lose how a player performs will determine whether he can pick up a gig elsewhere for next season.

As for Wakey, I still rate Richard Agar as a coach even at the risk of incurring an ill wind from chilly humberside, but Wakey have had their fare share of crises and if London take the lead this time in the second half prior to the final hooter, I feel I will return to the real land of plenty at Heathrow in time to read of a Broncos win.

London by 2

I am an oil trader and successful at that but, but marketing, finance, business management, human resources etc are not my strengths

David Hughes to Ian Lenagan Page 134 - A Pastel Revolution - Fletcher and Gordas - 2006

Being an outsider, it is easiest to see what is wrong with the sport. It's a fantastic sport that has been undersold and under-marketed  because people who run it probably want to keep it the way it is

Dr Marwan Koukash to Joanthan Lieu. Sunday Telegraph 9th March 2014

#11 The Future is League

The Future is League
  • Coach
  • 6,072 posts

Posted 15 March 2014 - 12:59 AM

Wildcats by 24.

#12 Northern Sol

Northern Sol
  • 17,307 posts

Posted 15 March 2014 - 11:46 AM

Last week London were in uncharted territory being ahead by 2 (note readers) at the half. As Sniffer said afterward,s with a young team it changed the mind set over the break as the players tried to protect the lead rather than executing the game plan that got them the lead in the first place.

More down to Wire I'd say. Broncos being two points up on a strong side at the break was a fantastic performance and as good as can be expected. Wire were capable of much better and did much better in the 2nd half, London weren't they'd already played their best.

#13 OMEGA

OMEGA
  • Coach
  • 1,386 posts

Posted 15 March 2014 - 03:20 PM

London 0 Wakefield 12 after 20 minutes

#14 Saintslass

Saintslass
  • Coach
  • 4,789 posts

Posted 15 March 2014 - 03:22 PM

London's right side defence sounds dire.

Can Rea actually coach defence? 

#15 OMEGA

OMEGA
  • Coach
  • 1,386 posts

Posted 15 March 2014 - 03:35 PM

London 6 Wakefield 24

19 from 19 goalkicks for Sammut

#16 GeordieSaint

GeordieSaint
  • Coach
  • 5,050 posts

Posted 15 March 2014 - 03:35 PM

6-12...

Kings Lynn Black Knights Rugby League Club - http://www.pitchero....nnblackknights/

#17 OMEGA

OMEGA
  • Coach
  • 1,386 posts

Posted 15 March 2014 - 03:39 PM

6 - 30

20 from 20 for Sammut

Edited by OMEGA, 15 March 2014 - 03:40 PM.

#18 Saintslass

Saintslass
  • Coach
  • 4,789 posts

Posted 15 March 2014 - 03:43 PM

What's left of London's fanbase should demand a change in coach IMO.  Their defensive effort is pathetic and this is an entirely different team from last year, which also had pathetic defence.  If London started to aim high rather than accept mediocre then perhaps they would start to win games.  This was a winnable game for them but they are just not at the races.

#19 OMEGA

OMEGA
  • Coach
  • 1,386 posts

Posted 15 March 2014 - 03:50 PM

What's left of London's fanbase should demand a change in coach IMO.  Their defensive effort is pathetic and this is an entirely different team from last year, which also had pathetic defence.  If London started to aim high rather than accept mediocre then perhaps they would start to win games.  This was a winnable game for them but they are just not at the races.

hmmm...maybe but any credit for Wakefield who certainly played very well last week and sound like they're doing the same again today.

#20 OMEGA

OMEGA
  • Coach
  • 1,386 posts

Posted 15 March 2014 - 04:06 PM

6 -34

Mathers with a hat trick

Sammut misses the conversion "Boo"

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users