Photo
- - - - -

15/03/14 - London Broncos v Wakefield Trinity Wildcats KO 3pm

• Please log in to reply
58 replies to this topic

Poll: Who will win? (17 member(s) have cast votes)

Who will win?

1. London Broncos (5 votes [29.41%])

Percentage of vote: 29.41%

2. Draw (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

3. Wakefield Trinity Wildcats (12 votes [70.59%])

Percentage of vote: 70.59%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#21 OMEGA

OMEGA
  • Coach
  • 1,387 posts

Posted 15 March 2014 - 04:12 PM

10 - 34

Solomona scores for London

#22 OMEGA

OMEGA
  • Coach
  • 1,387 posts

Posted 15 March 2014 - 04:23 PM

Collis scores a superb try to ruin my 14 - 34 pre match prediction

12 - 40

Edited by OMEGA, 15 March 2014 - 04:25 PM.

#23 OMEGA

OMEGA
  • Coach
  • 1,387 posts

Posted 15 March 2014 - 04:27 PM

sounds like there's a good 400 strong following from Wakefield yet the attendance is just 1,017

not good

#24 OMEGA

OMEGA
  • Coach
  • 1,387 posts

Posted 15 March 2014 - 04:31 PM

Solomona gets his second try

Pita Godinet gets his fifth interception in as many games, three of which he's scored himself and a 4th was scored by Fox

16 - 46

Edited by OMEGA, 15 March 2014 - 04:32 PM.

#25 OMEGA

OMEGA
  • Coach
  • 1,387 posts

Posted 15 March 2014 - 04:35 PM

Cook gets a try for London

22 - 46

#26 OMEGA

OMEGA
  • Coach
  • 1,387 posts

Posted 15 March 2014 - 04:37 PM

22 - 50

Mathers gets his fourth of the game, kick to come

#27 JM2010

JM2010
  • Coach
  • 167 posts

Posted 15 March 2014 - 04:45 PM

'sounds like there's a good 400 strong following from Wakefield yet the attendance is just 1,017'

I've always been for a London SL side but they are offering nothing at the moment and are lowering the overall standards both on and off the pitch.
I'm not anti expansion and I hope they can build the club back up from the bottom if/when they get relegated.

#28 gingerjon

gingerjon
  • Coach
  • 29,464 posts

Posted 15 March 2014 - 04:57 PM

The only surprise is that they were able to post a crowd of over 1,000.

Cheer up, RL is actually rather good
- Severus, July 2012

#29 Kenilworth Tiger

Kenilworth Tiger
  • Coach
  • 9,021 posts

Posted 15 March 2014 - 05:01 PM

The only surprise is that they were able to post a crowd of over 1,000.

"they?"

don't you mean "we"

Now then, it's a race between Sandie....and Fairburn....and the little man is in........yeees he's in.

I, just like those Castleford supporters felt that the ball should have gone to David Plange but he put the bit betwen his teeth...and it was a try

Kevin Ward - best player I have ever seen

Posted Image

The real Mick Gledhill is what you see on here, a Bradford fan ........, but deep down knows that Bradford are just not good enough to challenge the likes of Leeds & St Helens.

#30 gingerjon

gingerjon
  • Coach
  • 29,464 posts

Posted 15 March 2014 - 05:21 PM

"they?"

don't you mean "we"

I fluctuate between supporting this ghost club and wanting it to just sod off.

Cheer up, RL is actually rather good
- Severus, July 2012

#31 The Parksider

The Parksider
  • Coach
  • 17,721 posts

Posted 15 March 2014 - 06:49 PM

'sounds like there's a good 400 strong following from Wakefield yet the attendance is just 1,017'

I've always been for a London SL side but they are offering nothing at the moment  I hope they can build the club back up from the bottom if/when they get relegated.

Well they offer an increase in crowds due to Jeopardy.

Current relegation battles so far = 10

This years average to date for the 10 = 4993

Last years equivalent crowds = 5771

Decrease, but early yet.....

#32 Saintslass

Saintslass
  • Coach
  • 4,791 posts

Posted 15 March 2014 - 06:56 PM

I've always been for a London SL side but they are offering nothing at the moment and are lowering the overall standards both on and off the pitch.
I'm not anti expansion and I hope they can build the club back up from the bottom if/when they get relegated.

Well, they are further up the ladder than Bradford.  But no doubt you think Bradford, who bounce in and out of administration like it was a bunji jumping festival and whose last crowd was just over 5,000, are offering something?

I think London's solution requires a wholesale change in culture.  There are three people doing the club no good: the coach, the CEO and the owner. 

Edited by Saintslass, 15 March 2014 - 06:56 PM.

#33 Lobbygobbler

Lobbygobbler
  • Coach
  • 5,829 posts

Posted 15 March 2014 - 07:29 PM

Well they offer an increase in crowds due to Jeopardy.

Current relegation battles so far = 10

This years average to date for the 10 = 4993
Last years equivalent crowds = 5771

Decrease, but early yet.....

What a silly comparison - Londons, Wakeys and Bradfords crowds this year would have been worse without relegation. Their decreases are already downward trends due to other factors

#34 JM2010

JM2010
  • Coach
  • 167 posts

Posted 15 March 2014 - 07:33 PM

I'm not against London but this season may do more harm than good for the club as they may actually lose lots of potential spectators/sponsors/investors. I think the game would benefit greatly from a strong London club and hopefully this season may make the RFL realise much more needs to be done if we are going to 'crack' the capital.
As far as Bradford are concerned I don't favour them over London and think that measures need to be put in place to more cosely monitor and help teams to stop them getting into trouble financially

#35 Saintslass

Saintslass
  • Coach
  • 4,791 posts

Posted 15 March 2014 - 07:49 PM

What a silly comparison - Londons, Wakeys and Bradfords crowds this year would have been worse without relegation. Their decreases are already downward trends due to other factors

Wakey's crowds are due to restrictions put upon them by health and safety but the other two clubs are in the same position: both have been enduring poor management and both have seen their crowds decrease.  London simply had a lower starting point than Bradford, but Bradford's last home game only attracted 5,000 fans.  For a club which could pull in 20,000 at one time (something London has not had the chance to do), that's very, very poor.

Edited by Saintslass, 15 March 2014 - 07:49 PM.

#36 Rascal Bongo Stork

Rascal Bongo Stork
  • Coach
  • 468 posts

Posted 15 March 2014 - 08:13 PM

It was all so familiar, the Broncos defence non existent at times
Within minutes of the game starting it was blatantly obvious what the outcome would be . I wonder what the crowd will be for Cas? Thursday night on Sky....600 would be my guess.Grim times! If the club doesn't get wound up at the end of the season the Hive will be a tidy ground for a Championship club & how refreshing to see some wins.Such a shame, no point raking over everything again.It is what it is, let's hope their demise doesn't impact too much on the RL scene down here. I fear for the youth development. The kids wasted their Trinity counterparts today, all that is going to get trashed.

#37 JM2010

JM2010
  • Coach
  • 167 posts

Posted 15 March 2014 - 09:30 PM

Wether the Broncos go down or not I think big investment should be made in London. Not the Broncos, but junior, youth and amateur teams. It seems like the last few years has seen quite a few players coming through and it would be a shame if all that went to waste. The RFL should try and increase the amount of schools and junior sides regularly playing as well as helping set up new community clubs and helping existing ones develop and grow. This would not only increase the amount of players across the capital it would also help create more of a RL culture in London. This may then make it easier to market professional teams as they would be preaching to the converted instead of just expecting people to just take an interest in RL because there is a professional team nearby

#38 THE RED ROOSTER

THE RED ROOSTER
  • Coach
  • 2,272 posts

Posted 15 March 2014 - 09:57 PM

Reading the score from Sydney It's a depressing return ahead for me but well played Wakefield

Well, they are further up the ladder than Bradford.  But no doubt you think Bradford, who bounce in and out of administration like it was a bunji jumping festival and whose last crowd was just over 5,000, are offering something?

I think London's solution requires a wholesale change in culture.  There are three people doing the club no good: the coach, the CEO and the owner. 

Unfair on Tony Rea, but as a poster put it a couple of months back London and Superleague need a club in the Capital just not this club. David Hughes in the clubs undertaker in much the same way as John Wilkinson would have been Salford's had Marwan not come along.

I'm not against London but this season may do more harm than good for the club as they may actually lose lots of potential spectators/sponsors/investors. I think the game would benefit greatly from a strong London club and hopefully this season may make the RFL realise much more needs to be done if we are going to 'crack' the capital.

Your analysis is correct and the HIve deal, heralded by many on this forum, acts as a disincentive for Investors with the club's assets reduced to a CEO and the Coaching and Playing staff.

The RFL do not give the proverbial tinkers cuss about development outside the M62 as evidenced by Blake Solly's off hand comment made at the fans forum that "development officers would do what they could" in respect of the years of work done in SW London  destroyed by the move. Again something that certain posters on here thought "positive"

Development work has virtually ceased with the departure of Phil Jones who was the main driver and I see no way back through "organic growth" proponents of which live in cloud cookoo land which probably has more inhabitants than attend Bronco home games these days.

Once relegated the club should move in at New River with the Skolars and "the conversation" which I posted a few months ago which needs to take place between all of London RL about the future should start (i.e one club or two, do people see the game as progressive with a Super League club at the apex of clubs below or is everyone just happy about playing RL at an amateur level ?)

Will try to attend the Catalans game, paying as little as possible to Barnet FC, if only for the perverse honour of being at Super League's lowest ever attendance. On that cheery note, I do need to mention the Supporters Trust meeting at a pub in the Borough this coming Thursday which I am debating weather to attend. While I think this is a great initiative, it is IMO too late in the cycle of the club's decline and I do not think there are enough people who care left these days for this to be viable :(

It's going to be a very long flight back for me today....

Edited by THE RED ROOSTER, 15 March 2014 - 09:58 PM.

I am an oil trader and successful at that but, but marketing, finance, business management, human resources etc are not my strengths

David Hughes to Ian Lenagan Page 134 - A Pastel Revolution - Fletcher and Gordas - 2006

Being an outsider, it is easiest to see what is wrong with the sport. It's a fantastic sport that has been undersold and under-marketed  because people who run it probably want to keep it the way it is

Dr Marwan Koukash to Joanthan Lieu. Sunday Telegraph 9th March 2014

#39 nkpom

nkpom
  • Coach
  • 35 posts

Posted 15 March 2014 - 11:02 PM

Don't just think about it - do come to the meeting. Maybe it's too late, but we are the only chance to start to turn the Broncos back in to a club.

#40 Northern Sol

Northern Sol
  • 17,307 posts

Posted 15 March 2014 - 11:59 PM

Don't just think about it - do come to the meeting. Maybe it's too late, but we are the only chance to start to turn the Broncos back in to a club.

The only chance is with a share in a stadium and a drop to the Championship.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users