Rugby League World Issue 402

Try our Fantastic 5-Issue Bundle Offer! For just £18, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:
The Play-offs Issue - pictured (out 12 Sept) – Covering the climax of the Super League & Championship seasons
The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final excitement from both sides of the world plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

16/03/14 - Castleford Tigers v Hull FC KO 3.30pm

• Please log in to reply
62 replies to this topic

Poll: Who will win? (7 member(s) have cast votes)

Who will win?

1. Castleford Tigers (6 votes [85.71%])

Percentage of vote: 85.71%

2. Draw (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

3. Hull FC (1 votes [14.29%])

Percentage of vote: 14.29%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 John Drake

John Drake
  • Admin
  • 7,628 posts

Posted 14 March 2014 - 11:09 AM

Discuss the game here:

16/03/14 - Castleford Tigers v Hull FC KO 3.30pm

John Drake
Site Admin: TotalRL.com
TotalRL.com
Email: john.drake@totalrl.com

#2 Old Frightful

Old Frightful
  • Coach
  • 12,914 posts

Posted 14 March 2014 - 12:40 PM

Hull to emerge victorious against this season's surprise pacesetters.

Cas22 Hull FC 30.

NO BUTS IT'S GOT TO BE BUTTER......                                 Z1N2MybzplQR6XBrwB9egniMH8xqYQ5s.jpg                                                                                                                     

#3 fieldofclothofgold

fieldofclothofgold
  • Coach
  • 5,700 posts

Posted 14 March 2014 - 04:09 PM

Cas 22 Hull 12
but you and I weve been through that and this is not our fate.
So let us so let us not talk falsely now.
The hour is getting late
FROM 2004,TO DO WHAT THIS CLUB HAS DONE,IF THATS NOT GREATNESSTHEN i DONT KNOW WHAT IS.

JAMIE PEACOCK

#4 St Armadillo

St Armadillo
  • Players
  • 7 posts

Posted 14 March 2014 - 04:13 PM

Cas 26 Hull 21

#5 Eldujo

Eldujo
  • Coach
  • 368 posts

Posted 14 March 2014 - 04:19 PM

Think there might be a hangover from the Wigan game for the Tigers, I'll go with Hull to nick it.

Cas 22-Hull 24

#6 Colly

Colly
  • Players
  • 25 posts

Posted 14 March 2014 - 04:56 PM

Cas very competent at present. Powell's teams always hard to beat . Hull blow hot and cold.
Cas by 6

#7 jackknife

jackknife
  • Coach
  • 2,073 posts

Posted 14 March 2014 - 05:57 PM

28-20 cas
COME ON THE CORN
CLASSY CAS 4EVA
Go Go Go York City Knights!

#8 snapski

snapski
  • Coach
  • 1,046 posts

Posted 14 March 2014 - 09:05 PM

Cas by 8 but worried Dorn is missing

#9 Exiled Wiganer

Exiled Wiganer
  • Coach
  • 6,011 posts

Posted 14 March 2014 - 10:53 PM

Cas are superbly coached and have a great spine. Sadly, much as I like them and think they'll win plenty, FC aren't and don't. I think Cas will win comfortably.

#10 Old Frightful

Old Frightful
  • Coach
  • 12,914 posts

Posted 14 March 2014 - 11:20 PM

Cas are superbly coached and have a great spine. Sadly, much as I like them and think they'll win plenty, FC aren't and don't. I think Cas will win comfortably.

Maybe.

But we won't walk like Wigan fans do.

;)  :biggrin:

NO BUTS IT'S GOT TO BE BUTTER......                                 Z1N2MybzplQR6XBrwB9egniMH8xqYQ5s.jpg                                                                                                                     

#11 The Future is League

The Future is League
  • Coach
  • 6,006 posts

Posted 15 March 2014 - 12:58 AM

Tigers by 6.

#12 Railway End

Railway End
  • Coach
  • 542 posts

Posted 15 March 2014 - 06:45 AM

Cas by 10. Confidence is sky high and Hull won't be able to go with them.

"Rugby League is rugby in the simplest form in the sense that it's about great defence, great tackling technique, good handling, good passing, catching and great kicking."

Stuart Lancaster - England Rugby Union Head Coach - October 2013

#13 Scubby

Scubby
  • Coach
  • 3,799 posts

Posted 15 March 2014 - 03:02 PM

After the buzz of last week it would be great to see a 10k crowd at Cas for this game. Hard to call as many watchers and Hull fans are yet to make their minds up about how they will go this season.

I am edging towards a narrow Cas win.

#14 Kenilworth Tiger

Kenilworth Tiger
  • Coach
  • 8,944 posts

Posted 15 March 2014 - 05:10 PM

expecting a crowd in excess of 10,000 tomorrow so should be an amazing day in the sun!

Not feeling confident as we never ever win 5 on the bounce and to be honest if we are to lose our unbeaten record I hope it's this wek and not eek after against Rangi and Salford

Hull by 10

Now then, it's a race between Sandie....and Fairburn....and the little man is in........yeees he's in.

I, just like those Castleford supporters felt that the ball should have gone to David Plange but he put the bit betwen his teeth...and it was a try

Kevin Ward - best player I have ever seen

Posted Image

The real Mick Gledhill is what you see on here, a Bradford fan ........, but deep down knows that Bradford are just not good enough to challenge the likes of Leeds & St Helens.

#15 Exiled Wiganer

Exiled Wiganer
  • Coach
  • 6,011 posts

Posted 15 March 2014 - 08:54 PM

[quote name="Old Frightful" post="2899403" timestamp="1394839249"]Maybe.

But we won't walk like Wigan fans do.

;)  :biggrin:[

My plan may have back fired...
It'll be so tightly packed, nobody will be able to get out even if they want to.
If there are over 10k there tomorrow, wouldn't it make sense to build a bigger new stadium?

#16 Kenilworth Tiger

Kenilworth Tiger
  • Coach
  • 8,944 posts

Posted 15 March 2014 - 09:05 PM

My plan may have back fired...
It'll be so tightly packed, nobody will be able to get out even if they want to.
If there are over 10k there tomorrow, wouldn't it make sense to build a bigger new stadium?

get over yourself and stop feeling victimised.

you post some cracking stuff on this forum and always very balanced in your views which is why I always have time for you, but this pathetic "victim" playing about the "Wigan Walk" is embarrassing....

inbreeds
unwashed
the ginners

All 3 used regularly to describe Cas fans - it's banter

Go and have a pint and come back as your normal self
Now then, it's a race between Sandie....and Fairburn....and the little man is in........yeees he's in.

I, just like those Castleford supporters felt that the ball should have gone to David Plange but he put the bit betwen his teeth...and it was a try

Kevin Ward - best player I have ever seen

Posted Image

The real Mick Gledhill is what you see on here, a Bradford fan ........, but deep down knows that Bradford are just not good enough to challenge the likes of Leeds & St Helens.

#17 Exiled Wiganer

Exiled Wiganer
  • Coach
  • 6,011 posts

Posted 15 March 2014 - 09:20 PM

Once I get off the paracetamol I'll be much better.
On Cas' stadium, seriously, why not go for 14k?
They have always been able to get 5 figure crowds, and crowds generally go up in new stadia, so isn't 10k going to be too small?

#18 jackknife

jackknife
  • Coach
  • 2,073 posts

Posted 16 March 2014 - 08:32 AM

Dont think cas have a choice its getting built for us free of charge with the steps in place to upgrade it if we need to, which will be possible once Wheldon rd sold.
COME ON THE CORN
CLASSY CAS 4EVA
Go Go Go York City Knights!

#19 Ullman

Ullman
  • Coach
  • 7,461 posts

Posted 16 March 2014 - 12:11 PM

After the buzz of last week it would be great to see a 10k crowd at Cas for this game. Hard to call as many watchers and Hull fans are yet to make their minds up about how they will go this season.

I am edging towards a narrow Cas win.

I think we've been waiting for this one before we start to form an opinion on how Hull will go. Results have gone pretty much as you would expect so far but we're looking at this game as a bit of an acid test.

I'm reasonably optimistic Hull will take it. I think the Hull pack will give Houghton, Heremaia and Horne the space they need to put Castleford on the back foot. Having said that, I expect Castleford to play with great tempo and have us scrambling at times.

"I own up. I am a serial risk taker. I live in a flood zone, cycle without a helmet, drink alcohol and on Sunday I had bacon for breakfast."

#20 GIANTSTRIDES

GIANTSTRIDES
  • Coach
  • 1,585 posts

Posted 16 March 2014 - 12:33 PM

Should be the game of the round, I'm going for Hull to nick it, Cas are going great and are well capable of taking it, but no team wins them all and iv'e been tipping Hull to hit the straps for so long now, I don't want them to do it when i haven't pick them to win. I'll be happy for Cas to win it but I'm sticking with Hull by one score.

Dont expect anything from a pig but a grunt

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users