League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

16/03/14 - Castleford Tigers v Hull FC KO 3.30pm

• Please log in to reply
62 replies to this topic

Poll: Who will win? (7 member(s) have cast votes)

Who will win?

1. Castleford Tigers (6 votes [85.71%])

Percentage of vote: 85.71%

2. Draw (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

3. Hull FC (1 votes [14.29%])

Percentage of vote: 14.29%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#41 terrywebbisgod

terrywebbisgod
  • Coach
  • 8,177 posts

Posted 16 March 2014 - 05:18 PM

Could a sleeping giant be waking up?

Once you have tasted excellence,you cannot go back to mediocrity.

#42 Scubby

Scubby
  • Coach
  • 3,730 posts

Posted 16 March 2014 - 05:19 PM

Eleven and a half thousand from BBC Humberside apparently. God knows where they've pulled that from.

Good win for Cas not only are they looking very good, but they're looking very good for 80 minutes.

I heard the announcement come through on the radio as 9867. I think 11.5k maybe capacity.

#43 westhuller

westhuller
  • Coach
  • 3,029 posts

Posted 16 March 2014 - 05:20 PM

Great game 50/50 but the last Cas try came from a pass Dan Marino would have been proud of, well played Cas looking good.

#44 stevereed100

stevereed100
  • Coach
  • 560 posts

Posted 16 March 2014 - 05:23 PM

There is a god after all!

Hull continue to promise more than they ever finally achieve. Their ever loyal fans live in hope I feel for them.

At least they might get an away win at Easter.

#45 Old Frightful

Old Frightful
  • Coach
  • 12,782 posts

Posted 16 March 2014 - 05:27 PM

Not many complaints, should have won but concentration went awry.

Cas often looked dangerous with ball in hand but also vulnerable when under pressure.

Having been in front almost all gsme, Hull should have put the game to bed but didn't.

NO BUTS IT'S GOT TO BE BUTTER......                                 Z1N2MybzplQR6XBrwB9egniMH8xqYQ5s.jpg                                                                                                                     

#46 Scubby

Scubby
  • Coach
  • 3,730 posts

Posted 16 March 2014 - 05:29 PM

Not many complaints, should have won but concentration went awry.

Cas often looked dangerous with ball in hand but also vulnerable when under pressure.

Having been in front almost all gsme, Hull should have put the game to bed but didn't.

Did you sing along  to Sweet Caroline regardless? :)

#47 Exiled Wiganer

Exiled Wiganer
  • Coach
  • 5,968 posts

Posted 16 March 2014 - 05:30 PM

FC will have better days and soon enough. Wonderful to read should "have" not should "of". I'd give you double likes for that if I could.

#48 plug

plug
  • Coach
  • 294 posts

Posted 16 March 2014 - 05:38 PM

well done cas from a fev fan !!! i got shot down other week by saying powell was the best BRTISH coach at the mo wish we still had him down here but the best move on and good luck to him and cas for the rest of the season another thing wots odds fev v cas draw on tuesday in cc

#49 fieldofclothofgold

fieldofclothofgold
  • Coach
  • 5,650 posts

Posted 16 March 2014 - 05:41 PM

Its early season,but I thrilled for Cas and Widnes.It would be great for the sport if a team like those could go all the way
but you and I weve been through that and this is not our fate.
So let us so let us not talk falsely now.
The hour is getting late
FROM 2004,TO DO WHAT THIS CLUB HAS DONE,IF THATS NOT GREATNESSTHEN i DONT KNOW WHAT IS.

JAMIE PEACOCK

#50 johnh1

johnh1
  • Players
  • 67 posts

Posted 16 March 2014 - 05:48 PM

Take one RL hotbed, add an excellent coach, keep the best young players away from the bigger clubs, sort your spine out... 5 from 5.

And take on loan a cracking player who kicks goals for fun. Why oh why did Salford let Marc Sneyd go. We need him back. Well done Cas from a Salford fan. It must be great being a Cas fan at the moment.

#51 The Big Gun

The Big Gun
  • Coach
  • 391 posts

Posted 16 March 2014 - 05:52 PM

Its early season,but I thrilled for Cas and Widnes.It would be great for the sport if a team like those could go all the way

Saints, Cas, Leeds and Hudds look the cream of the crop right now. Hull might not have any teams in the playoffs this year!

#52 Walter Ego

Walter Ego
  • Coach
  • 133 posts

Posted 16 March 2014 - 05:56 PM

I heard the announcement come through on the radio as 9867. I think 11.5k maybe capacity.

I thought they gave this number just after the game. I've been wrong before though.

Painful for FC to not be able to finish this game off after leading for so long, but it seems that this Cas side have something about them. 

#53 Wollo Wollo Wayoo

Wollo Wollo Wayoo
  • Coach
  • 530 posts

Posted 16 March 2014 - 06:18 PM

Hope Cas can keep the 100% record until they come to Wakefield over Easter. :butcher:

This world was never meant for one as beautiful as me.

Wakefield Trinity RLFC
2012 - 2014 "The wasted years"

Official Magic Weekend "Whipping Boys" 2013 & 2014

#54 Old Frightful

Old Frightful
  • Coach
  • 12,782 posts

Posted 16 March 2014 - 06:32 PM

Did you sing along to Sweet Caroline regardless? :)

No.

NO BUTS IT'S GOT TO BE BUTTER......                                 Z1N2MybzplQR6XBrwB9egniMH8xqYQ5s.jpg                                                                                                                     

#55 walter sobchak

walter sobchak
  • Coach
  • 1,832 posts

Posted 16 March 2014 - 07:02 PM

Totally agree, that's what sport should be about really instead of the same old teams winning the same old trophies year in year out, that's why I was delighted to see the Huddersfield giants win the LLS even though I'm a saints fan.

#56 Ullman

Ullman
  • Coach
  • 7,414 posts

Posted 16 March 2014 - 08:19 PM

Cas win 19-16

Can't spake!

:biggrin: 

Very good

"I own up. I am a serial risk taker. I live in a flood zone, cycle without a helmet, drink alcohol and on Sunday I had bacon for breakfast."

#57 Ullman

Ullman
  • Coach
  • 7,414 posts

Posted 16 March 2014 - 08:34 PM

Just wow, Hull deserved something out of that, confidence and a winning mentality.

Very sporting of you to say so but I thought Hull got what they deserved for an utterly brainless final ten minutes. Richard Owen's blunder should have proved fatal but Hull somehow contrived to make it into a turning point the other way with an appalling piece of play from the scrum.

"I own up. I am a serial risk taker. I live in a flood zone, cycle without a helmet, drink alcohol and on Sunday I had bacon for breakfast."

#58 stevietomato

stevietomato
  • Facebook
  • 16 posts

Posted 16 March 2014 - 08:37 PM

Great game 50/50 but the last Cas try came from a pass Dan Marino would have been proud of, well played Cas looking good.

You mean a bit like a pass in the move that resulted in Hull's last try.

I thought Hull knocked Cas out of their stride today but this Cas side has plenty of character and plays for the full 80.

Another cracking game between two very good sides.

#59 Ullman

Ullman
  • Coach
  • 7,414 posts

Posted 16 March 2014 - 08:43 PM

To be fair I thought it looked OK from where we were standing. Mariano was very good for Castleford today, ran really strong.

#60 westhuller

westhuller
  • Coach
  • 3,029 posts

Posted 16 March 2014 - 09:11 PM

To be fair I thought it looked OK from where we were standing. Mariano was very good for Castleford today, ran really strong.

Mariano was excellent for Cas your right I also thought Clark showed some great awareness down the middle.
Very frustrated at the end, the loss off the ball on the first tackle late in the second half turned the momentum I thought, we need to cut out the brain farts, as I said great game and Powell has got Cas playing with passion and enthusiasm.

Edited by westhuller, 16 March 2014 - 09:12 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users