Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 400 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, 38 years of history from Open Rugby to the present day.
Click here for the digital edition to read online via smartphone, tablet and desktop devices including iPhone, iPad, Android & Kindle HD.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 400
/ View a Gallery of all 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 400
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Players from the past

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Pedro

Pedro
  • Players
  • 81 posts

Posted 14 March 2014 - 11:32 AM

Just having a clear out and came across an old autograph book. These Hornets players were in it plus many others. Roy Pritchard, John Fishwick, Jim Parr, Jack Sivill, Danny Allander, Harold Lill, David Evans, Norman Short, Trevor Simms, Gerry Unsworth, Bill Atherton, Joe Levula and Orisa Dawai.

I thought these names might bring back memories for older Hornets supporters.

Also included are many names from the Warrington, Huddersfield, and Liverpool City sides that we played against in 1962.

#2 cjp0349

cjp0349
  • Players
  • 5 posts

Posted 18 March 2014 - 05:13 PM

Your not thinking of throwing the book out are you Pedro because if you are I will gladly take it off your hands. Jim Parr is (was) my Dad and I collect various bits and bobs in respect of his RL career, especially his time at Hornets, so I can guarantee a good home! If your not getting rid any chance of photocopying the Hornets players signatures and sending then to me. I will gladly reimburse any costs.

Cheers

Carl

#3 Pedro

Pedro
  • Players
  • 81 posts

Posted 18 March 2014 - 11:02 PM

Hi Carl

I've tried to send you a message. However I'm not throwing out the book but will gladly send you photocopies and if I do decide to get rid I'll let you know.

I remember your Dad playing. He was a very skilful player who always gave 100%.

Edited by Pedro, 18 March 2014 - 11:23 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users