TotalRL.com Shop Alert: Last Ordering Date for Free Pre-Xmas Delivery within UK: 2pm Thursday 18th December!!
Rugby League Yearbook 2014/15 The Forbidden Game League Express League Express Gift Card Rugby League World Rugby League World Gift Card
Buy Now £14.99 / Kindle Buy Now £14.99 / Kindle Print / Digital Subscription Gift Cards Print / Digital Subscription Gift Cards

Photo
- - - - -

Ginger half backs

• Please log in to reply
34 replies to this topic

#1 lingard

lingard
  • Coach
  • 1,314 posts

Posted 14 March 2014 - 09:27 PM

just watching wigan v hull kr and see that they have a ginger half back on the hull kr team. Got me thinking that you dont see many. Last one I can remember id peewee person, can anyone else think of any?
I demand to have some booze, I want it here and I want it now!

#2 dydo

dydo
  • Coach
  • 733 posts

Posted 14 March 2014 - 09:29 PM

Tex Hudson, and his hairy back wa ginger , washed it many a time in sharlston pit baths for him ha ha

Edited by dydo, 14 March 2014 - 09:31 PM.

#3 lingard

lingard
  • Coach
  • 1,314 posts

Posted 14 March 2014 - 09:31 PM

ah yes forgot about Tex. not many though.
I demand to have some booze, I want it here and I want it now!

#4 Chris Taylor

Chris Taylor
  • Coach
  • 7,726 posts

Posted 14 March 2014 - 09:42 PM

Richard Blakeway?

2008 RFL Wakefield & District Young Volunteer of the Year

#5 zaz9

zaz9
  • Players
  • 17 posts

Posted 14 March 2014 - 09:59 PM

dale fennel

#6 Andrew Vause

Andrew Vause
  • Coach
  • 2,354 posts

Posted 15 March 2014 - 08:56 AM

Did no one see Deryck Fox play?

#7 il cattivo

il cattivo
  • Coach
  • 565 posts

Posted 15 March 2014 - 09:42 AM

James Webster played at hull kr,now assistant with Richard agar at trinity.australian I believe.
"you never win a game unless you beat the guy in front of you. The score on the board doesn’t mean a thing. That’s for the fans. You’ve got to win the war with the man in front of you. You’ve got to get your man." - Vince Lombardi.

#8 oldrover

oldrover
  • Coach
  • 6,163 posts

Posted 15 March 2014 - 10:50 AM

i thought foxy was blonde (strawberry) lol

joe mullaney is a god
the only good tiger is a stuffed tiger

Posted Image

#9 Bazzer

Bazzer
  • Coach
  • 100 posts

Posted 15 March 2014 - 11:26 AM

There was a player at Hunslet called Alf "Ginger" Burnell . He was partly responsible for setting the past players association at Hunslet

#10 Maureen T-k

Maureen T-k
  • 5,263 posts

Posted 15 March 2014 - 02:20 PM

Foxy was a blonde!!!
Im Fev and im proud

#11 Andrew Vause

Andrew Vause
  • Coach
  • 2,354 posts

Posted 15 March 2014 - 02:29 PM

Foxy was a blonde!!!

Yeah, he must have dyed it ginger for the first two or three years, he was a Fev, then eventually the natural peroxide grew through!

#12 Andrew Vause

Andrew Vause
  • Coach
  • 2,354 posts

Posted 15 March 2014 - 02:43 PM

Scott Glassell had a few games for Rovers at HB under Hobbsy.

Steve Nash had a ginger tash.

And I bet Kainy would dye his hair orange for a quid dare!

#13 oldrover

oldrover
  • Coach
  • 6,163 posts

Posted 15 March 2014 - 03:00 PM

Yeah, he must have dyed it ginger for the first two or three years, he was a Fev, then eventually the natural peroxide grew through!

;)

joe mullaney is a god

Posted Image

#14 distantdog

distantdog
  • Coach
  • 2,779 posts

Posted 15 March 2014 - 03:46 PM

Terry Hudson

#15 Andrew Vause

Andrew Vause
  • Coach
  • 2,354 posts

Posted 15 March 2014 - 04:00 PM

Terry Hudson

Don't know how distant you are DD but there's some delay on your computer.

#16 Andrew Vause

Andrew Vause
  • Coach
  • 2,354 posts

Posted 15 March 2014 - 04:22 PM

If you took the population as a whole only about 1% of people carry the double recessive allele, which would give Red Hair. If you then consider that half backs (including sub HBs) only make up 1/7th (approx) of a team. Therefore the number of Red Heads that have historically played at Half Back for one team is only going to have a 1/7 th of one percent probability of all the players that have ever played for that team.

In other words let's say For every 1000 players that have or will have pllayed for Rovers,only 3 half backs should be ginger. We know however, that that number will be higher because of the geographical position of Featherstone, being in the North of England. 1% of red heads represents the total as a world population. Obviously in warmer/ tropical countries where the dominant allele prevails there are few if any ginger people.
Whereas, Scotland incredibly contributes 1/5 of all red haired people as a world population.

I AM AVAILABLE IF YOU CAN'T GET YOUR KIDS TO SLEEP ON XMAS EVE.

Edited by Andrew Vause, 15 March 2014 - 04:25 PM.

#17 oldrover

oldrover
  • Coach
  • 6,163 posts

Posted 15 March 2014 - 04:29 PM

If you took the population as a whole only about 1% of people carry the double recessive allele, which would give Red Hair. If you then consider that half backs (including sub HBs) only make up 1/7th (approx) of a team. Therefore the number of Red Heads that have historically played at Half Back for one team is only going to have a 1/7 th of one percent probability of all the players that have ever played for that team.

In other words let's say For every 1000 players that have or will have pllayed for Rovers,only 3 half backs should be ginger. We know however, that that number will be higher because of the geographical position of Featherstone, being in the North of England. 1% of red heads represents the total as a world population. Obviously in warmer/ tropical countries where the dominant allele prevails there are few if any ginger people.
Whereas, Scotland incredibly contributes 1/5 of all red haired people as a world population.

I AM AVAILABLE IF YOU CAN'T GET YOUR KIDS TO SLEEP ON XMAS EVE.

you make me laugh Andrew

joe mullaney is a god

Posted Image

#18 Maureen T-k

Maureen T-k
  • 5,263 posts

Posted 15 March 2014 - 06:18 PM

He doesn't dye it at all now Andrew, he doesn't have to, he just polishes his head now
Im Fev and im proud

#19 saddleworth

saddleworth
  • Coach
  • 261 posts

Posted 15 March 2014 - 06:36 PM

Brian Sutton (Sooty). Now with Sharlo.

#20 Andrew Vause

Andrew Vause
  • Coach
  • 2,354 posts

Posted 15 March 2014 - 07:41 PM