• 11,173 posts

Posted 15 March 2014 - 06:01 PM

Coventry Bears 26-26 Heworth

#4 Davo5

Davo5
  • Coach
  • 489 posts

Posted 16 March 2014 - 12:28 AM

Keighley 42-0Wath Brow,the score flattered the cougars,3 tries followed dubious knock on decisions and the brow were held up over the line twice and had a well worked try disallowed even the keighley fans were embarrassed.the ref was some Aussie,think they found him waiting on in some walkabout bar

#5 hull reporter

hull reporter
  • Players
  • 68 posts

Posted 16 March 2014 - 08:28 AM

Haha wot a surprise wath brow where never gonna win this and been held up over the line doesn't warrent a try you have to put the ball down, if I was a wath brow fan I'd be embarrassed by ur post, like I said ur not the giant killing team any more altho a very good ncl prem side

#6 Davo5

Davo5
  • Coach
  • 489 posts

Posted 16 March 2014 - 10:11 AM

You would know all about embarrassing ,with some of your posts,you seem to have an unhealthy infatuation with Wath Brow,did a brow lad have it away with the wife.I don't think I ever mentioned winning,and yes I know you have to touch the ball down for a try,I mentioned it to show that we were able to put keighley under a fair bit of pressure during the game but were not quite good enough to turn it into points and the one time we were it was disallowed.
As for us not being the side we were,I'll just wait to the end of the season before I pass comment,although I am interested which Hull team do you follow,with the drivel you spout on here it's got to be wests.

#7 Davo5

Davo5
  • Coach
  • 489 posts

Posted 16 March 2014 - 06:17 PM

Looks like Milford gave Barrow a hell of a scare.

#8 old papa

old papa
  • Coach
  • 307 posts

Posted 16 March 2014 - 09:48 PM

Milford Marlins 10 v 18 Barrow Raiders

We did give them a scare. Great performance from the Milford team 10-12 at Half time and only a breakaway try by Barrow winger Dalton Grant and a goal by Dom Speakman the difference in the 2nd half. Milford had their chances to win the game and if a couple of ball bounces had gone our way we could have gone on to win the game. The Marlins did also have a try disallowed in the final stages. 

Which if allowed could have made the final few minutes a bit more interesting Good attendance 920 and great night in the Milford club after the game. Great performance  the lads did the club proud.

#9 leighminers

leighminers
  • Coach
  • 1,093 posts

Posted 16 March 2014 - 10:14 PM

Lock Lane 35 v 24 Leigh Miners

Leigh Miners come away from Lock Lane disappointed yesterday afternoon after losing 35-24 in a game they could have quite easily won but let themselves down again with to many errors and a decent Lock Lane side capitalized scoring most of their points on the back of them. It was the away side who opened the scoring after making a positive start, Kieran Eccleston scoring under the sticks after getting on the end of a Scott O'Brien grubber kick, Jonny Youds adding the extras to make it 6-0. Miners good start counted for nothing when they turned the ball over early in the next set following the try, the home side taking full advantage to score in the left corner. Miners were under pressure again from the restart after kicking the ball out on the full, Lock Lane again taking advantage and went in for a soft try under the posts to make it 10-6. Both sides had chances in the remainder of the first half but neither could post any more points in what was a scrappy but entertaining encounter.

Lock Lane moved further in front in the second half scoring two more tries to go 22-6 in front before Miners got back within ten points with a second try from Kieran Eccleston under the posts after a break from Ellis Grimes, Youds adding the extras to make it 22-12. The home side edged further in front with a drop goal but with time running out Adam Thomason barged over and scored a third Miners try out wide, Youds converting off the touchline to make it 23-18 to make it game on with Miners confident of coming back and taking the two points. Inside the last five minutes the comeback was ended, back on and ended again with Lock Lane scoring a fifth try only to concede soon after with Aaron Gorton going over for the visitors, Youds again converting to make it 29-24 with just over a minute remaining. With Miners having one last set to take the points off Lock Lane they again let themselves down after working hard to get back in the game they lost the ball early in the set to end their chances of a win, once again Lock Lane took full advantage of being given easy possession scoring their sixth try right on full time to give them a 35-24 victory and move them to the top of the table, while Miners sit in tenth position knowing they are going to have to start respecting the ball more if they want to be picking up two points on a Saturday afternoon.

Next week Miners are at home to East Leeds.

MINERS TEAM = Shaun Dowie, Sean MacDonald, Jonny Youds, Adam Thomason, Jack Probert, Kieron Eccleston, Scott O’Brien, Tom Farrimond, Aaron Gorton, Darryl Kay, Ellis Grimes, Martin Gray, Danny Jones, Subs = Matty Meaden, Dave Rowlands, Matty Campbell, Darryl Appleby

MINERS MOM = Shaun Dowie

#10 chasetheace

chasetheace
  • Players
  • 13 posts

Posted 17 March 2014 - 12:08 PM

Coventry Bears 26-26 Heworth

The match official actually had heworth Winning by 2 at full time !   The Heworth coach & committee pointed out to the ref that the he had miscalculated the score.  Not seen that happen in any sport before , certainly not at butts park .  Credit  must go to Heworth for that one . & after a good comeback, they deserved a share of the points.

#11 Bearman

Bearman
  • Coach
  • 2,563 posts

Posted 17 March 2014 - 04:42 PM

Milford Marlins 10 v 18 Barrow Raiders

We did give them a scare. Great performance from the Milford team 10-12 at Half time and only a breakaway try by Barrow winger Dalton Grant and a goal by Dom Speakman the difference in the 2nd half. Milford had their chances to win the game and if a couple of ball bounces had gone our way we could have gone on to win the game. The Marlins did also have a try disallowed in the final stages. 
Which if allowed could have made the final few minutes a bit more interesting Good attendance 920 and great night in the Milford club after the game. Great performance  the lads did the club proud.

For long periods the Marlins were the better team and out enthused the Raiders. They were a credit to their club.
Ron Banks
Bears and Barrow

#12 bowes

bowes
  • Coach
  • 11,173 posts

Posted 17 March 2014 - 04:46 PM

The match official actually had heworth Winning by 2 at full time !   The Heworth coach & committee pointed out to the ref that the he had miscalculated the score.  Not seen that happen in any sport before , certainly not at butts park .  Credit  must go to Heworth for that one . & after a good comeback, they deserved a share of the points.

Yeah I know, I was trying to record the scorers and got a draw. Draw seemed fair as Heworth spent longer attacking but Bears had a strong defence most of the game. Still don't know how Heworth won a scrum against the feed, only the 2nd time I've ever seen that (the first was by the Bears against Woolston Rovers in 2004)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users