Well, anybody got any ideas?

North Derbyshire Chargers - join the stampede

Marathon in 2015 - the hard work starts now

#2 Lounge Room Lizard

Lounge Room Lizard
  • Coach
  • 6,445 posts

Posted 15 March 2014 - 08:34 PM

I find it very strange that with all the different gadgets and radars etc available that a Boeing 777 plane can simply vanish and for a week nobody seems to know a thing. 

#3 WearyRhino

WearyRhino
  • Coach
  • 3,222 posts

Posted 15 March 2014 - 08:43 PM

I find it very strange that with all the different gadgets and radars etc available that a Boeing 777 plane can simply vanish and for a week nobody seems to know a thing.

'They' almost certainly do know where it is, but to admit it is to reveal how much certain powers monitor what goes on across the globe, where they monitor, in what level of detail data are routinely collected and for what purposes.

LUNEW.jpg

#4 Bedford Roughyed

Bedford Roughyed
  • 5,290 posts

Posted 15 March 2014 - 09:43 PM

Or there is a lot less radar coverage than you think.

With the best, thats a good bit of PR, though I would say the Bedford team, theres, like, you know, 13 blokes who can get together at the weekend to have a game together, which doesnt point to expansion of the game. Point, yeah go on!

#5 Bostik Bailey

Bostik Bailey
  • Coach
  • 1,684 posts

Posted 15 March 2014 - 09:55 PM

Yes. Military radar tends to concentrate towards real threats. The Malay military do not pose much of a threat to places like India, Nam or China.

#6 WearyRhino

WearyRhino
  • Coach
  • 3,222 posts

Posted 15 March 2014 - 10:03 PM

Radar? Radar is 75 yr old technology. Do you not think that the US, China & Russia have detailed satelite coverage of the entire planet?

LUNEW.jpg

#7 Bedford Roughyed

Bedford Roughyed
  • 5,290 posts

Posted 15 March 2014 - 10:58 PM

Radar? Radar is 75 yr old technology. Do you not think that the US, China & Russia have detailed satelite coverage of the entire planet?

Detailed coverage?  Yes.  Detailed real time coverage tracking flights?  No.

With the best, thats a good bit of PR, though I would say the Bedford team, theres, like, you know, 13 blokes who can get together at the weekend to have a game together, which doesnt point to expansion of the game. Point, yeah go on!

#8 Shadow

Shadow
  • Coach
  • 8,054 posts

Posted 15 March 2014 - 10:59 PM

Don't worry a simple tin foil helmet can stop their mind controlling beams
God Rides a Harley but the Devil rides a Ducati!

#9 Johnoco

Johnoco
  • Coach
  • 20,086 posts

Posted 16 March 2014 - 12:39 AM

I was on a plane once.

No I don't care if you're if you're into different bands

No cause for so much hatred, I'm just a different man

Pull off that cover, I will too, and learn to understand

With music deep inside we'll make world unity our plan

7 Seconds -Walk Together, Rock Together

#10 Wiltshire Rhino

Wiltshire Rhino
  • Coach
  • 2,316 posts

Posted 16 March 2014 - 07:20 AM

Another series of Lost?

2014 Challenged Cup Winner

#11 JohnM

JohnM
  • Coach
  • 20,163 posts

Posted 16 March 2014 - 08:17 AM

I think the New World Order may be behind this....or maybe the Iranians....or the Israelites...or Al Quaida ....or the Freemasons ...or the Priory of Zion...or FIFA....

#12 heartofGold

heartofGold
  • Coach
  • 289 posts

Posted 16 March 2014 - 08:26 AM

'They' almost certainly do know where it is, but to admit it is to reveal how much certain powers monitor what goes on across the globe, where they monitor, in what level of detail data are routinely collected and for what purposes.

Those poor people waiting for news must be aware of this now. I can't imagine how they are coping

oy shked helwa el horiya

#13 getdownmonkeyman

getdownmonkeyman
  • Coach
  • 1,767 posts

Posted 16 March 2014 - 09:36 AM

That was my first thought. There is no way on this earth that the US, amongst others, does not have the capability to know the whereabouts of anyhting on the globe.

#14 guess who

guess who
  • Coach
  • 4,004 posts

Posted 16 March 2014 - 09:59 AM

That was my first thought. There is no way on this earth that the US, amongst others, does not have the capability to know the whereabouts of anyhting on the globe.

Very good point. It helped them find bin laden so quickly didnt it.

#15 GeordieSaint

GeordieSaint
  • Coach
  • 4,826 posts

Posted 16 March 2014 - 10:20 AM

When outside radar range, I'd imagine the plane would need to be giving out a signal for technology like GPS etc to identify where it is. Satellite technology would also need to be tasked to specifically watch the plane in flight and even then, satellites move... I don't think it is as easy as you think to watch and track an individual object, especially if it turns off it's tracking technology; this whole event is very strange...

Edited by GeordieSaint, 16 March 2014 - 02:09 PM.

Kings Lynn Black Knights Rugby League Club - http://www.pitchero....nnblackknights/

#16 Shadow

Shadow
  • Coach
  • 8,054 posts

Posted 16 March 2014 - 02:03 PM

I think the New World Order may be behind this....or maybe the Iranians....or the Israelites...or Al Quaida ....or the Freemasons ...or the Priory of Zion...or FIFA....

The RFU?

God Rides a Harley but the Devil rides a Ducati!

#17 fatboystu

fatboystu
  • 291 posts

Posted 16 March 2014 - 03:53 PM

north korea.....thats my bet. can't be a terrorist group as they'd have been shouting from the rooftops by now. if it had crashed there would still be GPS, black box signal, wreckage etc. so that leaves some sort of state sponsered jiggery pokery, so i'll go with north korea.

#18 getdownmonkeyman

getdownmonkeyman
  • Coach
  • 1,767 posts

Posted 16 March 2014 - 04:41 PM

Very good point. It helped them find bin laden so quickly didnt it.

I wouldn't deem an incredibly large metallic object to an individual comparable.

#19 getdownmonkeyman

getdownmonkeyman
  • Coach
  • 1,767 posts

Posted 16 March 2014 - 04:46 PM

When outside radar range, I'd imagine the plane would need to be giving out a signal for technology like GPS etc to identify where it is. Satellite technology would also need to be tasked to specifically watch the plane in flight and even then, satellites move... I don't think it is as easy as you think to watch and track an individual object, especially if it turns off it's tracking technology; this whole event is very strange...

I wouldn't say the, say, NSA, CIA or FIS specifically track air movements, more having satellite coverage of vast swathes of areas across the globe.

PS

All in the name of security, of course.

Edited by getdownmonkeyman, 16 March 2014 - 04:47 PM.

#20 gingerjon

gingerjon
  • Coach
  • 29,171 posts

Posted 16 March 2014 - 04:50 PM

I wouldn't deem an incredibly large metallic object to an individual comparable.

In a few thousand mile radius I doubt there's much difference between them.

Cheer up, RL is actually rather good
- Severus, July 2012

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users