16pts up

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Fat lad

Fat lad
  • Workington
  • 45 posts

Posted 16 March 2014 - 04:57 PM

16pts up and then getting beat what's the thoughts??

#2 Davo5

Davo5
  • Coach
  • 358 posts

Posted 16 March 2014 - 05:24 PM

To concede 34 points against a Div2 side shows a lack of effort and pride in the shirt in my book.

#3 Fat lad

Fat lad
  • Workington
  • 45 posts

Posted 16 March 2014 - 05:26 PM

Travelers??

#4 Haven14

Haven14
  • Whitehaven
  • 38 posts

Posted 16 March 2014 - 05:36 PM

I think the players seem to turn it in when it suits them. In the end this game is 80 percent about commitment and effort on the pitch. To many of the players are inconsistent with that effort and pick and chose when they put it in.

I also think we desperately need an experience head at either 9 7 or 6 we have to many young fellas in the key positions . It was a problem for years and we got Rooney who made a difference until he realised he wasn't getting a contract and stopped playing in the last 7 games. Surprised we have made the same mistake going into this year without an experienced halfback.

#5 Haven14

Haven14
  • Whitehaven
  • 38 posts

Posted 16 March 2014 - 05:47 PM

It would have been nice to progress but frankly this year of all years it's irrelevant. The teams that make the top 9 will get 250,000 a year if we don't make that is a disaster, not missing out on wigan away. Any other year an early exit would have financial implications but this year it's of little consquence.

Not saying we will make the nine mind , at the moment you would think not. Will become clearer after a couple of home games.

#6 jiggyknight

jiggyknight
  • Coach
  • 654 posts

Posted 16 March 2014 - 06:34 PM

To concede 34 points against a Div2 side shows a lack of effort and pride in the shirt in my book .

a ###### good div2 side.

Edited by jiggyknight, 16 March 2014 - 06:36 PM.

#7 DEANO

DEANO
  • Coach
  • 1,078 posts

Posted 16 March 2014 - 07:24 PM

It would have been nice to progress but frankly this year of all years it's irrelevant. The teams that make the top 9 will get 250,000 a year if we don't make that is a disaster, not missing out on wigan away. Any other year an early exit would have financial implications but this year it's of little consquence.

Not saying we will make the nine mind , at the moment you would think not. Will become clearer after a couple of home games.

yeah i know what you mean. our season is geared towards promotion, which is why we rested our better players and put kids in!

sometimes you have to take a step backwards to move forward

#8 Keith T

Keith T
  • Coach
  • 8,869 posts

Posted 16 March 2014 - 07:36 PM

yeah i know what you mean. our season is geared towards promotion, which is why we rested our better players and put kids in!

Nice one DEANO, I hope you win the Championship 1 title.

I remember when .............................

"It is impossible not to feel a twinge of sympathy for Workington Town, the fall guys this season for the Super League's determination to retain it's European dimension, in the shape of Paris. While the French have had every assistance to survive, the importance of having a flagship in a heartland area like West Cumbria has been conveniently forgotten." - Dave Hadfield - Independent 25th August 1996.

#9 GeordieTownie

GeordieTownie
  • Coach
  • 1,300 posts

Posted 16 March 2014 - 09:52 PM

Ha ha that's funny

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users