Joel for prime minister

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 NickD

NickD
  • Coach
  • 1,126 posts

Posted 16 March 2014 - 07:57 PM

Thought my man brown was as good as ever today, but completely over shadowed by Joel Farrell. Simply outstanding in attack and defence and his try down the touch line ? Thought I was watching Ellery Hanley! I know oppo wasn't the best, but surely he's done enough to make the starting 17. Mind you if we have to play Walshaw who the hell could GM drop? Who'd be a coach?

#2 Wakefield Ram

Wakefield Ram
  • 1,621 posts

Posted 16 March 2014 - 08:55 PM

According to some on this website Walshaw is no good.

#3 Crown Flatter

Crown Flatter
  • Coach
  • 1,706 posts

Posted 17 March 2014 - 08:57 AM

I also thought Farrell was outstanding (or was it his hair?) and deserved the M.O.M. award. His work rate throughout was first class and he scored some excellent tries.

Brown's try from the scrum was excellent and typical of what he can do. Now what about Aizoooooo's brace! Didn't know he had a side step and it shows how he can finish by running on to the ball.

West Hull were good value for their performance. They weren't afraid to try things and had some pace about them. It is easy to see why they are the best amateur team.

Edited by Crown Flatter, 17 March 2014 - 08:58 AM.

Legs, Dews, Legs.

#4 grumpyoldram

grumpyoldram
  • Coach
  • 2,746 posts

Posted 17 March 2014 - 10:04 AM

Don't believe anybody said he was no good, just not necessary. He made one good run yesterday, but otherwise he wasn't a stand out player - which given he is nailed on for a regular place in SL and was playing against amateurs you might have expected him to be. Agree with the original post though - Farrell looks a far better forward prospect, even at this early stage, than we have had for some time. I'd put him in for Tonks or Hales - get him  bulked up in the Gymn and we could have the new Darren Fleary. ;)

#5 NickD

NickD
  • Coach
  • 1,126 posts

Posted 17 March 2014 - 10:38 AM

Dont believe anybody said this.  I think we just wondered if he was necessary and as Grumpy points out he didnt look as good as Farrell yesterday. I would think he has to start on Sunday, but what do I know?

#6 Blind side johnny

Blind side johnny
  • Coach
  • 9,719 posts

Posted 17 March 2014 - 12:51 PM

It was interesting that Farrell played some of yesterday's game as acting half. He could be an option on the bench for both hooker and second row - he certainly deserves a place after that performance.

Believe what you see, don't see what you believe.

John Ray (1627 - 1705)

#7 DEWSBURY TIL I DIE

DEWSBURY TIL I DIE
  • Coach
  • 2,403 posts

Posted 17 March 2014 - 05:51 PM

Defo deserves a place in the team. I'd be disappointed if glen doesn't pick him at Sheffield.

Edited by DEWSBURY TIL I DIE, 17 March 2014 - 05:52 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users