Rugby League World - Grand Finals Issue

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD - THE GRAND FINALS ISSUE - OUT 17 OCT OR DOWNLOAD IT NOW!
Try our Fantastic 4-Issue Bundle Offer:
For just £14, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:

The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final drama from both hemispheres plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

cougars game

• Please log in to reply
196 replies to this topic

#41 Keith T

Keith T
  • Coach
  • 8,915 posts

Posted 19 March 2014 - 05:38 PM

It's tonight

It must have been altered as it was supposed to be last night.

http://www.therfl.co...players-charged

I remember when .............................

"It is impossible not to feel a twinge of sympathy for Workington Town, the fall guys this season for the Super League's determination to retain it's European dimension, in the shape of Paris. While the French have had every assistance to survive, the importance of having a flagship in a heartland area like West Cumbria has been conveniently forgotten." - Dave Hadfield - Independent 25th August 1996.

#42 Keith T

Keith T
  • Coach
  • 8,915 posts

Posted 20 March 2014 - 01:03 PM

Rob Lever saying on Twitter that he is playing for Wigan Under 19's today, so who are we getting for Sunday?

"It is impossible not to feel a twinge of sympathy for Workington Town, the fall guys this season for the Super League's determination to retain it's European dimension, in the shape of Paris. While the French have had every assistance to survive, the importance of having a flagship in a heartland area like West Cumbria has been conveniently forgotten." - Dave Hadfield - Independent 25th August 1996.

#43 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 6,183 posts

Posted 20 March 2014 - 01:28 PM

Hopefully some players . This will be really tough I reckon . Their coach and fans are very bullish about their set up this year , and looking at the squad and recruitment you can see why .

#44 Supporter

Supporter
  • Coach
  • 462 posts

Posted 20 March 2014 - 03:49 PM

I suspect the long awaited appearance of Connor Farrell this weekend!

#45 Keith T

Keith T
  • Coach
  • 8,915 posts

Posted 20 March 2014 - 04:06 PM

I suspect the long awaited appearance of Connor Farrell this weekend!

Yes, he's been on Twitter saying he is up with us this weekend,

#46 Supporter

Supporter
  • Coach
  • 462 posts

Posted 20 March 2014 - 05:40 PM

Wigan U 19 match started, both Lever and Hampshire playing, thus apart from Connor Farrell (and Murphy) the following may still be available (if fit) to play for Town if needed:
19 Sam Powell SO SH
23 Dan Sarginson - CE, SO
29 Sam Hopkins - LF, PR
34 Lewis Tierney - FB, WG

#47 wonky

wonky
  • Coach
  • 4,623 posts

Posted 20 March 2014 - 05:43 PM

All 4 would be great. Could anyone who watches training let us know which warriors are up.
the futures bright,the futures blue and white

#48 Supporter

Supporter
  • Coach
  • 462 posts

Posted 20 March 2014 - 06:51 PM

Looks like Keighley will field a very similar team to last week (see post above).
March, serving the third game of his suspension, could have Elliot Cosgrove to call upon once again though after the centre missed the last two through injury.
Ross Peltier, who has not featured since the Doncaster defeat, will be pushing for a place back in the seventeen along with Cosgrove but there will be no James Feather, still out with a groin injury.

#49 Hate the rec

Hate the rec
  • Workington
  • 926 posts

Posted 20 March 2014 - 07:23 PM

Wigan U 19 match started, both Lever and Hampshire playing, thus apart from Connor Farrell (and Murphy) the following may still be available (if fit) to play for Town if needed:
19 Sam Powell SO SH
29 Sam Hopkins - LF, PR

would be nice, isn't Sam Powell injured ?

#50 wonky

wonky
  • Coach
  • 4,623 posts

Posted 20 March 2014 - 10:17 PM

Is Brett carter definitely out?

#51 scott

scott
  • Workington
  • 1,251 posts

Posted 20 March 2014 - 10:24 PM

Is Brett carter definitely out?

He was still in hospital is morning, I think we can count him out tbh

#52 Hate the rec

Hate the rec
  • Workington
  • 926 posts

Posted 20 March 2014 - 10:29 PM

19 Sam Powell SO SH
29 Sam Hopkins - LF, PR

Jordan James could be added to that list couldn't he, unless he was 18 man tonight?

#53 wonky

wonky
  • Coach
  • 4,623 posts

Posted 20 March 2014 - 10:31 PM

Jordan James could be added to that list couldn't he, unless he was 18 man tonight?

and Gil dudson. Even if he was 18th man I think they can still play on dual reg.

#54 GeordieTownie

GeordieTownie
  • Coach
  • 1,353 posts

Posted 20 March 2014 - 10:37 PM

If we could get James and Dudson that would give us a bit more go forward hopefully.

#55 Hate the rec

Hate the rec
  • Workington
  • 926 posts

Posted 20 March 2014 - 10:41 PM

and Gil dudson. Even if he was 18th man I think they can still play on dual reg.

Just found the Wigan squad on sky sports news and he was in the 18 wonky, not sure if you can play tho ? Dudson would do a good job for us or both !!

#56 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 6,183 posts

Posted 20 March 2014 - 10:51 PM

Sam Powell got an ankle injury in New Zealand , faces a few weeks out . Love to get him up here sometime this year . I think a half on loan would be good to feed off this improved pack strength . I'm sure Vievers is using his contacts book and things are definitely going the right way

Edited by DavidM, 20 March 2014 - 10:53 PM.

#57 Supporter

Supporter
  • Coach
  • 462 posts

Posted 21 March 2014 - 12:01 PM

Carter, Miller and Tierney confirmed as unavailable, Jack Murphy confirmed as available. The Coach states "We are pretty shy on outside backs at the moment".

Edited by Supporter, 21 March 2014 - 12:04 PM.

#58 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 6,183 posts

Posted 21 March 2014 - 12:03 PM

He also said we were shy on outside backs at present . Those three are a huge percentage of our strike , so interesting how we go. Big Red , Mossop , Haney , Rooney ? , Connor and Murphy in the hat

Edited by DavidM, 21 March 2014 - 12:15 PM.

#59 scott

scott
  • Workington
  • 1,251 posts

Posted 21 March 2014 - 12:18 PM

It will be interesting to see who playing in the backs on Sunday

#60 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 6,183 posts

Posted 21 March 2014 - 12:22 PM

Murphy , Mossop , Red , Rooney , Connor ? Or Connor for Rooney with Haney on the wing ? Or maybe a rabbit out the hat last minute from Wigan ? Gellings been mentioned here before . He seems way out in the cold and I think Pacific Islanders are ok ?

Edited by DavidM, 21 March 2014 - 12:26 PM.