TotalRL.com Shop Alert: Last Ordering Date for Free Pre-Xmas Delivery within UK: 2pm Thursday 18th December!!
Rugby League Yearbook 2014/15 The Forbidden Game League Express League Express Gift Card Rugby League World Rugby League World Gift Card
Buy Now £14.99 Buy Now £14.99 / Kindle Print / Digital Subscription Gift Cards Print / Digital Subscription Gift Cards

Photo
- - - - -

cougars game

• Please log in to reply
196 replies to this topic

#161 town blue

town blue
  • Players
  • 60 posts

Posted 23 March 2014 - 07:41 PM

For the first time in ages I think the town glass is half full rather than empty and I think we have a coach who will take the club forward if he sticks around long enough (?) I for one can see a more structured approach espeically in our attacking play. He stated on radio he has only two players to see in action after which I think Mr Vievers will ring the changes. But what do I know as a humble supporter - keep the fairh things will get better.

#162 town blue

town blue
  • Players
  • 60 posts

Posted 23 March 2014 - 07:43 PM

For the first time in ages I think the town glass is half full rather than empty and I think we have a coach who will take the club forward if he sticks around long enough (?) I for one can see a more structured approach espeically in our attacking play. He stated on radio he has only two players to see in action after which I think Mr Vievers will ring the changes. But what do I know as a humble supporter - keep the fairh things will get better.

#163 shun

shun
  • Coach
  • 1,550 posts

Caught the game today as the missus wanted to go shopping to wurky so while she shopped I watched the rugger.haha.

How you guys threw that away is beyond me, well on top for 60 odd mins and then you just imploded, with a helping hand from the ref who was quite shocking and I'm a neutral.

Good look for the season aswell, with your squad and new coach I think youse will stay up with a bit to spare.

Edited by shun, 23 March 2014 - 07:45 PM.

#164 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 6,349 posts

And the one decision he was gonna give us he had his mind changed ! He was gonna give a goal line drop out then the touchie got in his ear !

#165 Keith T

Keith T
  • Coach
  • 9,005 posts

Posted 23 March 2014 - 07:48 PM

On my way home or when I get home I listen to what the coaches have to say about all our local games.   I know that Phil Vievers isn't in a competition to win over friends but I have to say that some of his answers to John Walsh today were downright rude.   It may be that he has an Australian abrasive manner but Walshy does a good job and I'm sure he was more than taken aback by Vievers abruptness.    If it was his disappointment at us losing then so were we all but hopefully that isn't to be the norm for his after match comments.

I remember when .............................

"It is impossible not to feel a twinge of sympathy for Workington Town, the fall guys this season for the Super League's determination to retain it's European dimension, in the shape of Paris. While the French have had every assistance to survive, the importance of having a flagship in a heartland area like West Cumbria has been conveniently forgotten." - Dave Hadfield - Independent 25th August 1996.

#166 shun

shun
  • Coach
  • 1,550 posts

Posted 23 March 2014 - 07:52 PM

On my way home or when I get home I listen to what the coaches have to say about all our local games.   I know that Phil Vievers isn't in a competition to win over friends but I have to say that some of his answers to John Walsh today were downright rude.   It may be that he has an Australian abrasive manner but Walshy does a good job and I'm sure he was more than taken aback by Vievers abruptness.    If it was his disappointment at us losing then so were we all but hopefully that isn't to be the norm for his after match comments.

he was like that after the barrow game also, so I think you need to get used to it.

#167 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 6,349 posts

Posted 23 March 2014 - 07:52 PM

What were the general points he made ?

#168 town blue

town blue
  • Players
  • 60 posts

Posted 23 March 2014 - 07:57 PM

Phil Vievers has been appointed to coach a successful rugby league club and who cares if he's not a natural radio personality? We were informed at the beginning of his no nonsense approach.

#169 shun

shun
  • Coach
  • 1,550 posts

Posted 23 March 2014 - 07:57 PM

What were the general points he made ?

to be truthfull it just sounded like he wanted to get away from an annoying man that was asking him questions.

#170 wonky

wonky
  • Coach
  • 4,703 posts

Posted 23 March 2014 - 08:05 PM

Excuse me! As Keith says we got 9 consecutive penalties against us in the second half, not to mention forward passes and knock ons that were ignored. How do you propose to hold out for the win under all that pressure?

If we were a top team maybe but we're not and with hardly any ball it gave Keighley the impetus they needed then it snowballed. There have been some valid points made but we were easily the best team until the kid with the whistle intervened. I'm not a ref basher generally , we usually beat ourselves but not today.

come on, he wasn't the one who dropped balls on the first tackle or caught well out of position for 40-20 kicks. Yes he was awful, but surely after 1 of 2 you should twig what he's going to be like and not give him a chance to get involved, some of the decisions like the ball steals where the fans were going crazy were the correct decisions and actually quite blatant. At 18 points up with 20 to go there is no excuse for losing the game.
the futures bright,the futures blue and white

#171 anok4u

anok4u
  • Coach
  • 1,576 posts

Posted 23 March 2014 - 08:08 PM

Well said Wonky,my feelings exactly..
go **** yasell ya little **** gain NL1 then take ya **** out ya dads **** then speak proper rugby talk. you jameating little spotty ****...itchy waa waa 2008...

#172 havenhater

havenhater
  • Coach
  • 903 posts

Posted 23 March 2014 - 08:09 PM

We have to go to dewsbury next week and come back with a win same applies to Donny and keighley away, if we don't come back with at least 4 points from them games I think we can be looking to the bus prices done country next season!
Really gutted today as some of the stuff we had today in patches was magnificent, even forber had a little but of great play in him, but to me we are slowed down with Lupton at hooker, we need him receiving the ball not playing from dummy half!!
Duerden was looking decent in attack but I'd like to see if possible next week only 2 of the 4 centre in the 17 and big Hopkins if possible with James! And also 2 Callum Phillips also

#173 town blue

town blue
  • Players
  • 60 posts

Posted 23 March 2014 - 08:14 PM

I got the impression the interviewer asked a load of leading questions which Mr Vievers did not agree with or did not answer the way previous coaches would answer in agreement.

#174 wonky

wonky
  • Coach
  • 4,703 posts

Posted 23 March 2014 - 08:14 PM

I think the Phillips brothers and Jordan James were head and shoulders above everyone else on the field today. Brett proved why he has to a starter in every game.
the futures bright,the futures blue and white

#175 gillmeister

gillmeister
  • Coach
  • 1,235 posts

Posted 23 March 2014 - 08:15 PM

We have to go to dewsbury next week and come back with a win same applies to Donny and keighley away, if we don't come back with at least 4 points from them games I think we can be looking to the bus prices done country next season!
Really gutted today as some of the stuff we had today in patches was magnificent, even forber had a little but of great play in him, but to me we are slowed down with Lupton at hooker, we need him receiving the ball not playing from dummy half!!
Duerden was looking decent in attack but I'd like to see if possible next week only 2 of the 4 centre in the 17 and big Hopkins if possible with James! And also 2 Callum Phillips also

Given results this season Donny isn't a realistic game to win or even get a bp it looks like swinton Rochdale barrow haven and ourselves have a big task to drag another team or two into the mire
Forget Chuck and Chad I am the real legend killer

#176 town blue

town blue
  • Players
  • 60 posts

Posted 23 March 2014 - 08:21 PM

Can't beleive the negativity - this coach will turn this season round and we wil finish in the play offs.

#177 Keith T

Keith T
  • Coach
  • 9,005 posts

Posted 23 March 2014 - 08:21 PM

Yes, many of the penalties were down to our own players stupidity but interspersed with the 9 they got how many offences did Keighley get away with?   How many times were they about 4 or 5 yards from the play the ball area?    None of these were given and the only one we received was for a high tackle.

Anyone who thinks Donny are not one of the top 5 or 6 this season are fooling themselves.    Cooke has them ticking well.   Swinton at their place will also be another difficult game as they use the DR system more than us and today they had Ben Currie (a future international) playing. 

I remember when .............................

"It is impossible not to feel a twinge of sympathy for Workington Town, the fall guys this season for the Super League's determination to retain it's European dimension, in the shape of Paris. While the French have had every assistance to survive, the importance of having a flagship in a heartland area like West Cumbria has been conveniently forgotten." - Dave Hadfield - Independent 25th August 1996.

#178 havenhater

havenhater
  • Coach
  • 903 posts

Posted 23 March 2014 - 08:25 PM

It's pretty much you have to achieve the impossible to survive, given the 2 losses this season I thought we could and on reflection with a full performance should have won, we need these points, if barrow can go to Sheffield and bring 3 points back on there bus home, we can do it against a few teams!

#179 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 6,349 posts

Posted 23 March 2014 - 08:27 PM

I've no idea what mattys injury is but I hope it's very short term . Hopefully carter n miller soon to return to , and maybe finally inject carter into the halves if we continue to get Tierney .

Edited by DavidM, 23 March 2014 - 08:29 PM.

#180 GeordieTownie

GeordieTownie
  • Coach
  • 1,454 posts

Posted 23 March 2014 - 08:29 PM

And I know it was just because we were short on backs but Jarrad is wasted in the centre and at times was too far away from the action to talk to the ref

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users